Australian 16v205 register

Cam, how dare you make a 205 with more grunt than mine! :tongue:
I think you will end up with a better balanced car than mine and yes, easier to control. It will be more of a high rev progressive peak of power, and sound the bits too. You will still need balls of steel to hang on down the straight though :eek: The sense of a ballistic engine tied to a flimsy shell is interesting to say the least.

Yea to be honest, I drive my Mates Type R from time to time and it has about 250HP and its very very fast. The 205 is a few hundred Kilos lighter too... Terrifying but I just have to 'do it' if that makes sense...

Check out the Social events thread too btw

Cam

Terrifying yes, but stops you wanting to buy much more expensive sports cars that cant give the same adrenalin shot. My dads boxster almost sends me to sleep, nice car though.
Love the early Type R, perhaps the last word in FWD chassis design.

Pissing contest?

I think we should all seriously consider getting together as many 205s form as far away as possible. Meet for a track day or drive day at the very least and have some fun and talk BS all day about this and that 205 related.

There are some great cars in build at the moment that should all be ready n the next 3 months. Perhaps I should start a thread somewhere else about this..

Cam

Lets hope so, what we see out there in motorsport action at the moment is a heap of Sis from the PCCV, including my much modified one. A lot of success is being had with them though.
I am putting my 505 project on hold for a while, will give me more time to progress the 205, I'm running it at a VCAS autocross at Shepparton on Sunday.
Graham

Yea the Type R is the later EP3 import version. K20a. Possibly the best engine Ive ever experienced ( besides the 1750 in the old alfa ).

Cam

Yeah, when you start telling people it has 400hp they rightly think you are either lying or a complete w@ nker. Its 230 in its low boost format. The low end high torque is more relevant to the car, as explained by Jr with the steering. Still, 'sensible' and 'tame' are not the two words I would choose JR, even at 230....:>

Err....i forgot to mention ...it is 230 at the wheels. Peter T may have thought it was Flywheel figures maybe:confused:

Yeah, that's massive.

Robert's idea of a table is a good one, but I have no idea how to make it work on here. I'm happy to tabulate and post it on my server if people are keen. Given it's in the public domain, as this is, you just need to be careful/thoughtful about what you post.

16v205 data sheet

Just use the quote button and fill in the question marks

USERNAME?
PREVIOUS OWNER?
STATE/LOCATION?
DATE?
BUILD DATE?
VIN?
MODIFICATION COMPLETION DATE?
ORIGINAL MODEL?
OWNED SINCE?
COLOUR?
SEATS?
SUNROOF?
INTERIOR?
ROLL CAGE?
ENGINE?
VALVES?
CAPACITY?
INDUCTION?
SUPERCHARGER/TURBOCHARGER?
INLET CAM?
EXHAUST CAM?
PISTONS?
COMPRESSION?
INTERCOOLER?
INLET MANIFOLD?
EXHAUST MANIFOLD?
INJECTORS?
CARBURETORS?
AIRFILTER?
FUEL PUMP?
SUMP?
ECU?
EXHAUST?
POWER AT WHEELS?
TORQUE MAX?
REV LIMIT?
FUEL CONSUMPTION?
Best and worst.
CLUTCH?
GEAR BOX/RATIO'S?
QUICKSHIFT?
DIFF? LSD and ratio?
SUSPENSION?
BRAKES?
WHEELS?
MOTORSPORT?
BEST CIRCUIT TIMES?
HILLClIMB TIMES?
DRAG TIMES?
60ft?
1/4 mile?
Terminal speed?
OTHER COMMENTS?
Dyno sheets?
Drag Stripsheets?

Last edited:
Look, it ISNT Hard. Take the chip out of your camera, stuff it in the computer, press the little paperclip above for an attachment, then press 'browse' and go into the directory that holds your photo and click on it, wait for it to upload and done! we expect millions of them now...
ring me on 0400061747 if you get stuck
Ash

Tried to reload some photos with my response to this thread.
The site wouldn't allow it because I have already loaded them in an earlier post.
Wonder why it is setup that way? To avoid spamming maybe?

This thread is rolling along nicely, lots of cars comming to light and lots of information.
Next thing you know we will be issuing lapel badges and looking out for toe tritches of the right foot to recognise fellow 205 GTi Mi16 owners.

Paul

"A straight is merely the distance between two corners."

How is that? Have I missed anything?
Sorry Bigrr, I'm having trouble with that email address...

Keen to see your spec sheet Cam. N/a 250 is a big number, fingers crossed for you!

Yea its 250 engine HP. Thats with ITB once I have it running nice on the 6 inlet. Its the same spec as a member form the UK who I have had dealings with. The extra CCs makes a huge difference, especially once the ITBs come into play. Im expecting well over 200 with the 6 manifold though..

Its 88 stroke by 87 bore ( Up form 86x86 ). Probably close to 11.5.1 compression. Will have stage 2 inlet and 1 exhaust cams. Custom exhaust from the head back and running probably a sprint 500 Haltech etc so should be nice. WIth that amount of power I will probably run a BE3 box and if funds eventually allow a Trans X diff.

Car is at this stage an 87 Red. Will have minimal interior, possible front end seam welding for the power its going to run. 309 rear beam solid mounts, koni yellow dampers. Front will be koni yellow, 266mm brakes, 309 arms and shafts ( although I may run the standard items depending how it runs on the track ). Basically a compromise for road and track. Probably a bad thing but its what Ive wanted for ages.

Cam

Karoshi;

Others should comment (for edit) this DRAFT of items for data sheet.

Karoshi you have already added a couple that I did not think of.

My sheet that this site does not seem tp like (word table) simply had 3 columns: Item, detail and comments for each item

see my edits below in bold.

16v 205 DATA SHEET
DATE:

OWNER?
Original model (the car may have started life as a Si)
BUILD DATE?
OWNED SINCE?
COLOUR?
SEATS?
SUNROOF?
INTERIOR?
ROLL CAGE?
ENGINE?
VALVES?
CAPACITY?
INDUCTION?
SUPERCHARGER/TURBOCHARGER?
PISTONS?
COMPRESSION?
Cam Inlet? (std or grind)
Cam Exhaust? (std or Grind)
INTERCOOLER?
INLET MANIFOLD?
Exhaust manifold?
INJECTORS?
CARBURETTORS?
AIR FILTER?
FUEL PUMP?
SUMP?
ECU?
COILS?
REV LIMIT?
EXHAUST?
POWER AT WHEELS?
TORQUE MAX?
FUEL CONSUMPTION?
Best and worst.*
CLUTCH?
GEAR BOX/RATIO'S?
QUICKSHIFT?
DIFF? LSD & Ratio
SUSPENSION?
BRAKES?
WHEELS?
MOTORSPORT?
BEST CIRCUIT TIMES?
HILLCLIMB TIMES?
DRAG TIMES?
60ft?
1/4 mile?
Terminal speed?
5600 rpm in 5th? delete this line
OTHER COMMENTS?
Dyno sheets?
Dragstrip sheets?[/QUOTE]

Nice one Bigrr,
It gets a bit confusing deleting all that nerd drivel.

Can't believe I forgot cams!!!!!

EDIT: Ok fixed it now

Last edited:
Hi guys, we do have three at Gundaroo. That said one actually isn't, but my brother still owns it (the gray one)

Here is the best shot of all three together, taken in 2008

3205s.jpg

My car is the red one. As JR has said it was purchased from him and brought down here. I've since fitted a new engine which, as PeterT said, was built by Owen W. It is still running the ITBs and the wolf 3d, although it has a new timing pickup once again provided by Owen. Its been dyno'd at 146hp at the wheels.

Its just been repainted though, looks shmik http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93957

Gundaroo. 205Mi16 Capitol of Australia!

Could you check the specs on post #13 am fill in any gaps?
As well as their Aussiefrogs handle or a name or something.
Gundaroo no.s 1 and 2 seems so impersonal...

205 16 valve register Post 9 Car 23

OWNER? 504-504-504 (Paul)
DATE? 01-12-2011
STATE? Queensland
LOCATION? Malanda 4885
BUILD DATE? Origional July 1987,Series 1
MODIFIED ( XU9J4 fitted ) April 2007
ORIGINAL MODEL?* 205GTi
OWNED SINCE? May 2011
COLOUR? Silver/Blue
SEATS? Standard
SUNROOF? No
INTERIOR? Standard
ROLL CAGE? No
*ENGINE? XU9J4
*VALVES? 16
*CAPACITY? 1.9L
*INDUCTION? Normally Aspirated
*SUPERCHARGER/TURBOCHARGER? No
*INLET CAM? PeterT stage 1
EXHUAST CAM? Standard XU9J4
PISTONS? Standard XU9J4
COMPRESSION? Standard XU9J4
INTERCOOLER? No
INLET MANIFOLD?* Shortened XU9J4
EXHAUST MANIFOLD? Standard XU9J4
*INJECTORS? Standard XU9J4
CARBURRETORS? No
AIRFILTER? Pod
FUEL PUMP? Standard GTi
SUMP? XU9J4 baffled
ECU? Standard XU9J4 mated to GTi electricals
*EXHAUST? Custom?
POWER AT WHEELS? Not Tested
TORQUE MAX? Not Tested
*REV LIMIT? 7.200
*FUEL CONSUMPTION? 7l/100km average
Best and worst.*
*CLUTCH? Standard GTi
*GEAR BOX/RATIO'S? BE1
**QUICKSHIFT? No
*DIFF? LSD and ratio? Standard Diff ratio not known (3,200rpm at indicated 100kph)
*SUSPENSION? Front lowered 30mm, Eibach plus Koni red, rear Standard plus Koni Red
BRAKES? Front Series one rotors with Series 2 callipers. Rear std drums.
WHEELS? Speedline 15”
MOTORSPORT? Not yet
BEST CIRCUIT TIMES?
*HILLClIMB TIMES?
*DRAG TIMES?
60ft?
1/4 mile?
Terminal speed?
OTHER COMMENTS:*
Dyno sheets?
Drag Stripsheets?

Paul