Australian 16v205 register

Lots of Yann Tiersen. It's VERY French sounding, you definitely feel like you're there. Anyway, enough of sidetracking the thread.

Rtsnoz car is a red S1 with a 1.9 alloy. Think its running higher compression UK positions and PT cams..

Mine is a Red S1

This came from Isis. Even if this does become a pissing contest it's pretty obvious he can piss further anyhow so I may as well just post it....

Choose what you want to put in and perhaps update me last - dont want to turn this into a pissing competition and my car is a bit off the scale, which might put off others.

1988 S1, Silver
j10 engine -alloy, balanced, strengthened
turbo, intercooled
230hp, 340nm
KW V2 suspension
Tarox brakes
Stripped interior, Momo seats, wheel, gearknob
Ultraleggera wheels
R spec tyres
1/4 mile 12.8 secs

I think I'm getting on top of it.

Some more detailed posts would be great!

Apart from having a bit of a ridiculous car, the more embarrassing thing is not having the driver skill to use it properly!:rolleyes:

I have a s3 serento green 205 that I a rebuilding it will be fitted with a gti6 motor.
There is a red s3 being built as well and it will have a s2 mi16 motor,
and there are 2 more in wollongong, both s3's one with a gti6 and one with a s16.
regards Jamie

I'd be more embarressed that it only makes 230hp with a turbo......

I think we would need the moderators to sort that out.

Maybe as a stop gap if the owner could write a post with all the info they want people to know and I could reference it in the 1st post register.

You can be first cab off the rank Bigrr. :D

Could this be a start?

S3- 205 GTI XU10J4R / RAT 205

DATE: 28/11/2011

OWNER:
BIGRR
COMMENT:
Model & Build date:
205 GTI 1.9 / October 1993

Owned since:

Colour:
Cherry Red

Seats:
Leather & red cloth

Sunroof:
na

ENGINE:
XU10J4R 1998 306 XSi

Valves:

Capacity:
2000cc

Induction:
Natural

Turbo:
na

Supercharger:
na

Intercooler:
na

Pistons:
Std

Compression:
10.4:1

Camshafts:-
Inlet:
Exhaust:

Std

Std

Manifolds:-
Inlet:
Exhaust : XSi

XSi

XSi

Injectors:
Magna 2.6l

Ignition:
MSD

Fuel pump:
Bosch 464 070

Dry sump:
na

Surge tank:
na

ECU:
Haltech E6X

CARBURETTORS:
NA

AIR FILTER:
306 XSi

EXHAUST & MUFFLERS:
1 x Hotdog + elcheapo rear.

DYNOFIGURES :-
Power at wheels:
Torque max:

84.6kw @ 5650 rpm

? @ 3400 rpm

Rev limited:
7200 rpm

FUEL CONSUMPTION:
Best:
Worst:

47mpg

< than above

CLUTCH:-
Mi16

GEAR BOX:
Ratios:-
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
BE3

na

Gearlinkage Quickshift:
yes.

DIFF:-
Ratio:
Quaife

SUSPENSION:-
Front:
Rear:

Std 205GTi
(Original)
Std 205 GTi
(Original)
Strut Brace:
na

BRAKES:

4 x discs Std 205 GTi
(Hydraulic hand brake)
WHEELS:
Std 15” Phonedials

MOTORSPORT:

Circuit Times:-
a.
b.
c.
d.
e.
Track / Time:

na

na

na

na

na

Hillclimb Times:-
a.
b.
c.
d.
Rally:
Track / Time:

na

na

na

na

na

Motorkhana:
dirt
tar

(A few)

(A few)

Dragstrip:-
E.T:
60ft:
Km/h:

15.191s

2.207s

Top speed?
5600 rpm in 5th?

OTHER COMMENTS:

ATTACHMENTS:

Photos:
Engine bay?
General of interest?

Dyno sheets?
Yep!

Drag Stripsheets?
Yep!

NOTE: THIS WAS IN A TABLE and when I pasted it here the table departed?????

I will let you call it 'son of pig', or 'mini pig' or 'pigphase2' :approve: yeah hurry up and explain progress.

Maaaate !! You have got the wrong car.... i am talking about the car with TB's that i had purchased whilst the PIG was off the road...as i said i was Pugless at the time and was having withdrawal symptons thus purchased Jasons car from Sydney. John Thorne then purchased it from me and drove it back to Canberra that day to lovely Guneroo :]

As far as the project beastie is going ?....slowly but surely....maybe 3 weeks and the motor will be done.
It can be called WEE PIG i suppose until the real PIG 2 arrives in 4 weeks :}
I would put pics up however i am a Luddite when it comes to that stuff :}

I'd be more embarressed that it only makes 230hp with a turbo......

It was detuned down from 402 horsies to 230 to make it more driveable and keep the temps down
It just doesnt just swap lanes on squirt.....it swaps postcodes !!!
230 is sensible in a 205......400 is just plain stupid. [remembering it was my daily driver for awhile too thus needed taming :}

Could you fill me in on the details of that car Jr?

Geez....the memory has had a bit of red vino since then so i cant remember all the details....pretty sure it was a series 1.5, red, series 1 16v with quad TB's, LS1 coil packs, 15" Speedlines....also it had a not common after market ECU [not Motec or Haltech ]

I will re edit again this evening and maybe reconfigure Bigrr's questionnaire with blanks as a template for everyone.
Might not have time though as I have to drive up to the mechanic....
Bear with me everybody :confused:

It was detuned down from 402 horsies to 230 to make it more driveable and keep the temps down
It just doesnt just swap lanes on squirt.....it swaps postcodes !!!
230 is sensible in a 205......400 is just plain stupid. [remembering it was my daily driver for awhile too thus needed taming :}

Yeah, when you start telling people it has 400hp they rightly think you are either lying or a complete w@ nker. Its 230 in its low boost format. The low end high torque is more relevant to the car, as explained by Jr with the steering. Still, 'sensible' and 'tame' are not the two words I would choose JR, even at 230....:>

jr20516v; It can be called WEE PIG i suppose until the real PIG 2 arrives in 4 weeks :} I would put pics up however i am a Luddite when it comes to that stuff :}[/QUOTE said:
Look, it ISNT Hard. Take the chip out of your camera, stuff it in the computer, press the little paperclip above for an attachment, then press 'browse' and go into the directory that holds your photo and click on it, wait for it to upload and done! we expect millions of them now...
ring me on 0400061747 if you get stuck
Ash

come over for ride and then you can decide if more boost is a good idea.

230 is lots. Im aiming for 250 NA which will also probably be too fast. Although without the torque from the turbo it should be more drivable..

Cam

Pissing contest?

I think we should all seriously consider getting together as many 205s form as far away as possible. Meet for a track day or drive day at the very least and have some fun and talk BS all day about this and that 205 related.

There are some great cars in build at the moment that should all be ready n the next 3 months. Perhaps I should start a thread somewhere else about this..

Cam