Another R17 owner planning to upgrade

I'm really enjoying your under arch colour.

I'm trying to decide what to do with mine, black or body colour, bit now I want the body colour.

Thanks a lot you jerk. :p

Have another drink Bowie
And keep taking the pills of course.

Whether it is matching colour or black, both look pretty good to me. I've done satin grey inside the 4CV wheel arches, which were black originally. The R8 was black bitumen stuff (to retain moisture and encourage rust I reckon) with a very light spray of the body colour (Rouge Trinidad) over the top. Just superficial....

More painting today after work.
That bitumen that you talk about is white on my R17. More like polyurethane.

New paint.jpg
New paint 2.jpg

Is the white just in the inner guards at the rear? As on the cars I own and have worked on I have never had to touch the rear inner guards as they have always been well painted. On one car I did respray the inner guard but have never cleaned them off. The front inner is black undercoat though.

Is the white just in the inner guards at the rear? As on the cars I own and have worked on I have never had to touch the rear inner guards as they have always been well painted. On one car I did respray the inner guard but have never cleaned them off. The front inner is black undercoat though.
Yes it is Sunny. And you're about black on the front guards. I have two here from Angru that have the black pitch.

What's the best way to tidy up the fuel and brakes lines? They are coated in dirt.
You are more conscientious than I am, that's all I'll say. Wow..... You could regard it as protective of course. :)

Hit them with a high pressure washer and some detergent degreaser then paint black glup over them. ;)

Cleaned the bolts and some fittings with a hydrochloric acid bath, small wire wheel and a treatment of rust converter. Another job done. They will need some etch primer and epoxy black.
Painting is finished underneath too with two thick coats. Can't wait for the axle and brakes back plates to be powder coated.
Still to do list consists of painting the floor of the boot in 2k, clean and paint the sway bar, clean the bearings, clean the brakes parts, drums and paint. clean the brakes lines and the fuel lines.

Bolts.jpg

Cleaned the bolts and some fittings with a hydrochloric acid bath, small wire wheel and a treatment of rust converter. Another job done. They will need some etch primer and epoxy black.
Painting is finished underneath too with two thick coats. Can't wait for the axle and brakes back plates to be powder coated.
Still to do list consists of painting the floor of the boot in 2k, clean and paint the sway bar, clean the bearings, clean the brakes parts, drums and paint. clean the brakes lines and the fuel lines.

View attachment 123344

John that is going to look better than new underneath at the back.

John that is going to look better than new underneath at the back.
Definitely better than new! I'm pretty slack in these matters by comparison. Bit of a brush down, a quick spray with Fertan and then etch primer and top coat, not 2K and this is only recently I must admit. I tugs me forelock.....

Definitely better than new! I'm pretty slack in these matters by comparison. Bit of a brush down, a quick spray with Fertan and then etch primer and top coat, not 2K and this is only recently I must admit. I tugs me forelock.....
John, that fertan, I don't like sorry. It washes off if close to water when tested and is supposed to be wiped clean?? The bondall does not. When dry, it works well as a primer ready for etch primer. I had my Atco mower parts sitting for ages with this Bondall converter coated and it just works. It goes grey in colour and sandable to smooth out. No moisture over a winter even affected it. It got coated with etch primer and 2k top coat. The proof.

Wish I had my 15 back. had to get rid of it - too hard to put the baby seat (and occupant! ) in the back which was like a deep well!