A little Renault eye candy...

Something bit different

Classic-Cars-And-Transport: octobre 2009

Renault R8.jpg

Wow, that is yet another R1060, in Oz the Renault 760, so even older than my 1951 car. It is most likely the 1948-1950 time range I guess although they suggest 1946 (I suspect a bit too early a date). Quite a rare car and it looks superficially retrievable and complete enough. Someone should grab it, or at least go and look and check for rust.

I just wonder how many more are lurking in sheds.

Cheers

That's Jean-Pierre Delaunoy. Highly recommended. Several of us have met him in Paris and he's a delightful man. I'm running one of his fully reconditioned distributors - he even has the bench to set their advance curve properly.

Keep those lovely photos of engines and cars coming I just love em.:jiggy:

I would love to add a big picture into a reply, can somebody tell me how to do this. Not a small attachment, one like J-man just posted.

Cheers
Phil

I believe you need to host the photo on an external website and post the link to the photo as opposed to "managing attachments" in "go advanced".

Keep those lovely photos of engines and cars coming I just love em.:jiggy: I would love to add a big picture into a reply, can somebody tell me how to do this. Not a small attachment, one like J-man just posted. Cheers Phil

Perhaps it is time to confess. We've painted the 4CV, first proper, professional attention to the body since she was built in November 1950. Practically no rust. Superb job done by Kpaz Automotive Spray Painting in Perth, who also painted the R8 a few years ago.

So, it matched her 65th birthday and this is the 50th anniversary of my original purchase in 1966 in Adelaide for $60. If I recall, 4cvg will have a 50th anniversary for his in another 2 years.

Five photos will suffice.

Cheers

Attachments

• Renault 750 1966 e.jpg
    Renault 750 1966 e.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 385
  • More preparation 17 Nov 2015 1.jpg
    More preparation 17 Nov 2015 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 355
  • Doors and panels 17 Dec 2015.jpg
    Doors and panels 17 Dec 2015.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Stripped to metal 2.jpg
    Stripped to metal 2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 354
  • Two projects completed sml.jpg
    Two projects completed sml.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 380
Perhaps it is time to confess. We've painted the 4CV, first proper, professional attention to the body since she was built in November 1950. Practically no rust. Superb job done by Kpaz Automotive Spray Painting in Perth, who also painted the R8 a few years ago.

So, it matched her 65th birthday and this is the 50th anniversary of my original purchase in 1966 in Adelaide for $60. If I recall, 4cvg will have a 50th anniversary for his in another 2 years.

Five photos will suffice.

Cheers

Wow John! That's stunning! :tongue:

John, that is Eye Candy for sure!

What is the purpose of the red tape that is stuck around the doors and windows? None of it is neat enough to be masking.

Frans.

Keep those lovely photos of engines and cars coming I just love em.:jiggy:

I would love to add a big picture into a reply, can somebody tell me how to do this. Not a small attachment, one like J-man just posted.

Cheers
Phil

Phil, search on the Web for "TinyPic" and down load it to your PC.
make it a favourite and when you post pics you will have a window open for AF, click on the top bar to open another window. Open TinyPic on that window. Click to go back on AF and write whatever you want, to post a pic click on the 2nd tab to open TinyPic. Click on 'Browse" and then select the picture from a file. Click on that and "Upload now". They will require you to type whatever is on the screen to eliminate auto spam scanners. once that is done the picture will upload and appear on the page. Left Click on the tab that says "IMG Code for Forums..." It will be highlighted, right click and select "Copy". Go back to AF page and left click in the following line, right click and select "Paste". A line of numbers will appear but after you posted the thread it will be big pictures.

John, that is Eye Candy for sure!

What is the purpose of the red tape that is stuck around the doors and windows? None of it is neat enough to be masking.

Frans.

Thanks Frans. It was masking, to keep the soda powder out of the car. It was soda-blasted and I used a different rear lid, so the red cross was to tell the soda blaster not to waste time on that panel. That photo was taken immediately after the main paint stripping was done, before the really detailed body work tidying up.

Cheers

Very nice John, we will need to see it in person some time.

Ray

Spectacular John.
Would there be anyone who has owned their 4CV longer do you think?

Spectacular John. Would there be anyone who has owned their 4CV longer do you think?

I don't know to be honest but there wouldn't be many. It did sit at the Birdwood Mill Museum in the 1980s of course. Peter (4cvg) bought his in 1968 if I recall an old post and the Ian Cavanagh 4CV was bought new I think - David can comment.

It's very satisfying, I have to say.

Cheers

Last edited:
Phil, search on the Web for "TinyPic" and down load it to your PC.
make it a favourite and when you post pics you will have a window open for AF, click on the top bar to open another window. Open TinyPic on that window. Click to go back on AF and write whatever you want, to post a pic click on the 2nd tab to open TinyPic. Click on 'Browse" and then select the picture from a file. Click on that and "Upload now". They will require you to type whatever is on the screen to eliminate auto spam scanners. once that is done the picture will upload and appear on the page. Left Click on the tab that says "IMG Code for Forums..." It will be highlighted, right click and select "Copy". Go back to AF page and left click in the following line, right click and select "Paste". A line of numbers will appear but after you posted the thread it will be big pictures.

Thanks Frans. Sounds very complicated but I'll have a go at it.

Cheers
Phil

I don't know to be honest but there wouldn't be many. It did sit at the Birdwood Mill Museum in the 1980s of course. Peter (4cvg) bought his in 1968 if I recall an old post and the Ian Cavanagh 4CV was bought new I think - David can comment.

It's very satisfying, I have to say.

Cheers

Not quite.

Dad did buy a 4cv new in 1954 but not the white one. Steve bought that in about 1990 with a seized engine.

Steve's red one was given to him as a bare shell in about 1980.

I love this 'Eye Candy' thread so here's a couple of pics to lift you up. Come on, don't be bashful, lets see some more photos here.

Cheers Phil

R8G Brians Car.jpgR8 Good Photo.jpgDSCN0071.jpgDSCN0072.jpgDSCN0081.jpg