604 register

Hi Ray

Thanks for the info.
Are the wheel cup that you have is like the 1979 model?
Will they fit my '77 model and the '82?
If I would like to buy from you 8 pieaces - what will be the price
including shipping and how can I pay you.

Thnkas,
Amir

when you fit the wheel covers make sure you do it the right way so as not to break them

the correct method is to put the wheel on normally and tighten the nuts then fit the covers on over the top

there are spring clips in the covers that spring over the flange on the nuts

if you put the covers on then the nuts and then tighten them up you will break the covers and the nuts won't seat correctly on the wheels

i have seen way too many of these covers broken by people that have done this wrongly

even though peugeot put out a bulletin on how to fit the wheel covers people still refused to do it the peugeot way in this country and thought they knew better and as a result covers broke and were thrown away

Hi Ray and Rambo

Thanks
1. Ray, I hope you'll find.
2. Rambo, Thanks for the address, I am photocopying them now
and I'll airmail them.

Wish you all a great day.

Amir

604 register.

pugrambo said:
when you fit the wheel covers make sure you do it the right way so as not to break them

the correct method is to put the wheel on normally and tighten the nuts then fit the covers on over the top

there are spring clips in the covers that spring over the flange on the nuts

if you put the covers on then the nuts and then tighten them up you will break the covers and the nuts won't seat correctly on the wheels

i have seen way too many of these covers broken by people that have done this wrongly

even though peugeot put out a bulletin on how to fit the wheel covers people still refused to do it the peugeot way in this country and thought they knew better and as a result covers broke and were thrown away

Why should 604 owners have to read a bulletin or a manual to simply replace a bloody hub cap?
It's not the fault of the owner " knowing better" its the smart a#@*ed so called engineers over complicating peoples lives.
A full width hub cap should be designed so that even the position of the valve is irrelevent. :mad:

On a lighter note, how many Renault 12 owners do you know who have tried to "undo" the dummy hubcap nuts? :rolleyes:

Wildebeest said:
Why should 604 owners have to read a bulletin or a manual to simply replace a bloody hub cap?
It's not the fault of the owner " knowing better" its the smart a#@*ed so called engineers over complicating peoples lives.
A full width hub cap should be designed so that even the position of the valve is irrelevent. :mad:

On a lighter note, how many Renault 12 owners do you know who have tried to "undo" the dummy hubcap nuts? :rolleyes:

ah yes but i have seen so called mechanics in pug workshops stuff these things up

just goes to show how often they read anything more than the latest copy of picture magazine while sitting in parliament :roflmao:

hey im kenny and im new around here.

Im thinking of getting a 604 automatic wreck (it was a good car until a bloke moved it with a forklift and buggered up the roof).
Not sure what model, but its got a v6 carby and auto box.
Hope to get it soon and will be pulling it apart for spares.
Anyone interested, give me a buzz.

pandckandk@ozemail.com.au

ps its got a sunnroof to.....but its shaped a bit like a tent (forklift...)

84 505 gti
85 505 gti
98 306 xt

sounds like the one at bordertown wreckers

as far as i have been told the roof was damaged by a tree

the car should be green

if i had the time i would have already been down there to bring it back home

as far as i know it has gas on it

if it doesn't have gas then i would be interested in the carb if it is a weber and maybe the manifold but i would need to see a pic of the manifold first

Ray Bell said:
That's the standard one that sold in Australia...

Only questions are what wheels, what shape filler cap cover?

from memory if it is the same car i ma thinking of it will have or did have the 604 steel wheels on it and it had a square cap making it a series 2

Hello to you all

Rambo, did the envelope arrived?

Ray, any news regarding the wheel covers?
Can I please get a picture?

Thanks,

Amir :cheers:

604 Alloy Wheels

Hello,

I have someone from France that have 4 alloy wheels
with the tyres (TRX milimetric) and he want to sell them.

I have check, here in Israel no one has such tyers and I can only get them
if I buy them in France which is a problem due to the high tax that we pay here. 145% + 17% VAT and this is on the price that the Israeli customes give as it is not regulary imported to Israel.

If anyone intrested, please let me know.

Wish you all a great day.

Amir

Ops, I forgot

Here are the picture of the wheels.

Amir

Attachments

• 604 Alloy Wheels.jpg
    604 Alloy Wheels.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 443
amirski said:
Hi,

Any news with the envelope?

Amir

it has arrived

thank you

i am in the process of scanning everything and then will be placing it up on my site

i am also interested in photos of people 604's as well to place on there if you guys are interested in having them there