604 register

2 pugs said:
I'll get the details of mine asap.

excellent

when you think about that figure that's around 100 per state over a 3-4 year period

not a lot of cars to be sold

most of them started life as a company car on lease

Hi Sean

What does my 604 qualify as? SL? not any more. :rolleyes:

HELP!!!!!

Cheers,
Andrew :)

505604 said:
Hi Sean

What does my 604 qualify as? SL? not any more. :rolleyes:

HELP!!!!!

Cheers,
Andrew :)

bieng a 2.3 it would be an SRDT

if it were a 2.5 then it would have been a GRDT

the only other thing is your compliance plate will still have the car as an A33 so you will have a different engine number from the chassis number

from memory that car is an 81 model as it was one of the last two to leave the renault australia/JRA plant and both the cars were bought new from there by my father and his business partner at the time

pugrambo said:
bieng a 2.3 it would be an SRDT
I think that the interior of the SRDT was quite different to that of an SL?

the only other thing is your compliance plate will still have the car as an A33 so you will have a different engine number from the chassis number
Yes, and it keeps changing :tongue:

from memory that car is an 81 model as it was one of the last two to leave the renault australia/JRA plant and both the cars were bought new from there by my father and his business partner at the time
that's right, Sean. it is an 81 model under all the locusts :D

Cheers,
Andrew

505604 said:
I think that the interior of the SRDT was quite different to that of an SL?

Yes, and it keeps changing :tongue:

that's right, Sean. it is an 81 model under all the locusts :D

Cheers,
Andrew

the interior was the same but with cloth interior

the diesel had the same dash as all the others and the 4 spoke wheel

the fascia had the provision for the glow plugs though

from 81 onwards overseas the 604 dropped the 4spd for the 5spd

still awaiting for some more details for some 604's

i'll bump this up again as i feel pretty strongly about getting this up and going before the 604 becomes extinct

i have only had the NSW car club reply so far but they can't put anything into their magazine untill the new year

this register i hope is going to be to the benefit of everyone who is on it with a 604 and it may also help some 504 and 505 owners as well in regards to parts and so on

thanks guys

Just to clarify that...

All three models can use the same both front and rear... so ordering a hundred units of each would be enough for Koni to make a special production run of them.

There may well be other things that single owners might find hard but which would be a snack if people got together. I remember an offer from one place to make wheels if there was something like 25 owners wanting a set.

Ray Bell said:
we could get Konis made for all models of 504, 604 and 505 if we had just fifty owners ready to buy them.
But Ray, but why would you want Konis?
Give me the standard Peugeot shocks any time, please!

Cheers,
Andrew

But can you get the standard ones, the type that's assembled into the strut body?

I think it's a shame that strut inserts were ever made for Pugs, the originals could be easily and cheaply repaired (except for the cost of shafts, if needed...) ad infinitum.

Ray Bell said:
But can you get the standard ones, the type that's assembled into the strut body?

I think it's a shame that strut inserts were ever made for Pugs, the originals could be easily and cheaply repaired (except for the cost of shafts, if needed...) ad infinitum.

ok back to keeping this on topic

bringing this up again

i still have only heard back from one club in the country

it will be sad if this doesn't take off but at least i can say i tried and i am still trying

there are just so many benefits to having a register for the 604's that are left

Ray Bell said:
Do you have any responses from the various clubs you've contacted yet?

Or do they have to put your letter before committees before deciding if the club members should know about it?

Haha! I suspect a bit of both, Ray.

Pugrambo, if you like I can throw a "604 register" link up on the Peugeot Car Clubs page if you like.

Let me know :)

SLC206 said:
Haha! I suspect a bit of both, Ray.

Pugrambo, if you like I can throw a "604 register" link up on the Peugeot Car Clubs page if you like.

Let me know :)

sounds like a good idea

the only response i have got so far was from Peter and that he was going to put something in the magazine in the new year as there are no more mags for this year

pugrambo said:
i still have only heard back from one club in the country

Ray Bell said:
Do you have any responses from the various clubs you've contacted yet?

is this a rhetorical question ???

Ray Bell said:
I just thought the passage of three days might have brought a couple more...

must be in a time warp as i only posted today that i have only heard back from one club

back on topic again

i still have only a handful of people that have submitted details for the register

another thing i thought of today as well if this takes off is that if someone is after or selling a 604 the register will also hopefully make it that bit easier as well

not that any of us would want to part with a 604