604 register

pugrambo said:
owning 2 604's could put you into the 604 addict category

but also having 2 604's still allows you the 2 pugs tag
My addiction stops at 2, for the moment. :nownow: :joker:

:cheers:

I could send you a picture of the one I used to own that now belongs to Pug 604.

Whats the latest Sean.

Useless info #1125

The Peugeot badge that is on the bootlid of some 604's will not replace the Peugeot Automatique badge. :nownow: :mad:

2 pugs said:
Whats the latest Sean.

Useless info #1125

The Peugeot badge that is on the bootlid of some 604's will not replace the Peugeot Automatique badge. :nownow: :mad:

it has been quiet except for the thunder and the noisey exhaust on one side of the car i have to fix in between storms

you need to get the late model 604 boot badges that are stick on items

they came out from 82/83 till the end

i had a pair on the back of my old white car but did you know that the peugeot badge that came on the series 2 cars without the automatique is actually the same one that came on much earlier pugs like the 403

I'll keep the Automatique on. It'll fool the rice boys into thinking its an auto when it's really a manual :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :adrink:

Still got my 604. Late 79. Haven't been on for a while as I moved abodes and didn't have a net connection but I'll send the details soon.

new tight motor

full family aboard

compared to the old 2664 motor that returned 20mpg with static timing at around 17deg with water injection which before that it used to return 13mpg

and hills, it even overtakes others go up them now

Ray Bell said:
Yours must have been the one I saw in Echuca two months ago... I couldn't catch you, but I'll be back there in February!

Almost certainly would have been. Green and probably dirty.

I've moved and am now about 24k's east of Shepparton, not far from Dookie.

Peugeot 604 - Israel

Hello to you all and warm regards from sunny Israel.

My 604 History: When I was 17yo, my father bought a 604 SL 1979 and 2 days later he travelled and I was left with the car. Has he have an international business he travelled for nearly 8 moths, period that I had the car for me.
When he got back, it was my time to join the army and he decided to sell the car as it was too much for a young boy who is going to the militry service.
When I lest the army, I have bought the 1977 from an old lady and I have it since.

now I have 2 Peugeot 604.
One is 1977, the SL model and the other is 1982 STI .
The 1977 is in superb condition and the 1982 need some attention
mostly inside. One day I drove to a friend house and I saw the 1982 on a tow
track going to be sold as iron to a yard, I have stoped the driver and offered him $200 for the "junk" + $100 for towing it to my home.

1. I am looking for alloy wheels for the 1977. (the '82 do not have wheels)
1a. where can I find?
1b. Does other Peugeot alloy wheels can fit?
2. The 1979 model had a rear air condition, the '77 and '82 do not have them,
can anyone give me information where can I get this part, In the control pannel of the '77 there is AC1/AC2.

As well I have the electric diagram of the 604, I do not know how to load it to
the net (and it it will be clear) but if anyone need I can make a photocopy and send it by airmail.

Thanks,
Amir

Welcome Amir... I can answer your wheel question...

All 504s and 505s have the same wheel stud pattern and offset as the 604, but the studs are smaller (12mm instead of 16mm).

You can easily fit the other studs to your car should you want to, but it's probably better to get new nuts that fit.

But a word of warning... the metric sized (390mm) wheels on the 505 STi are a dead end... tyres very hard to get and very expensive. Best you get wheels from a 505 GTi or aftermarket wheels.

604's have 14mm studs

you can email the wiring diagram through to myself if you like and i can convert it to a size and format that can be used for the net

there is a bloke in New Zealand than fitted the rear A/C to his 604 and also modified it so it works very well

if you do a google search for peugeot 604 it is bound to come up in the results

Hi Rambo

Yes, I would like to have the 14" studs.
On top of the wiring diagram, I have some pages that I got from the US
for the 604 and 505 with detaied explenations of each part of the car that can be very usefull.
I do not have a scanner so if you give me your postal address I'll make a copy
and send it over, if you can put it on the web for others 604/505 owners it will be graet. (also I have parts list with serial numbers - but as this is from the US I do not know if this will be like the EU or AU numbers).

Other question:
I need a steering wheel for the 1982 model (4bars) in light brown color, do you know where I can buy such?

I would like also to register my cars.

Thanks,

Amir Fogel :cheers:

another thing

First, Thanks to Ray Bell for his answer.

Here in Israel there was only one 505 GTi / STi that came with alloy wheels.
This car was of the marketing director of the Peugeot agency but it was sold and then stolen, The car was seen in Gaza few weeks ago (on the TV).
All 505 / 504 / 604 models came with steel wheels and plastic covers.

1. Is there a possibilty to find in AU alloy wheels? I would preffer the original
by Peugeot and not just alloy wheels.
2. Is there a possibility to find the plastic wheel covers as they where on the
1979 model of the 604?
3. Rear A/C - where can I find the unit?

Thanks again,

Amir :cheers:

Interesting dilema

It had to happen, some fellow from the middle-east wants to join the register.

Poor Mr Pugrambo, which way to turn, good aussie, open, trusting or hardbitten realist of the 21st century?

Perhaps, to date, the Israelies have not been considered in the same light as the Islamists who pirate our 504s, perhaps they are just more sophisticated and plan ahead? Is this the thin edge of the wedgie that will see good, Aussie back yard tinkerers flumoxed and at the end of their RWD options.

OMG

Pugrambo, please consign all register details to unbreakable code, lest the end be nigh!

Good luck in the making of this most executive of executive decisions.
It's tough at the top.

Cheers ed ge

Ps. if you consider it necessary to make a pre-emptive strike, Warwick is apparently available for wet work.

amirski said:
Yes, I would like to have the 14" studs.
On top of the wiring diagram, I have some pages that I got from the US
for the 604 and 505 with detaied explenations of each part of the car that can be very usefull.
I do not have a scanner so if you give me your postal address I'll make a copy
and send it over, if you can put it on the web for others 604/505 owners it will be graet. (also I have parts list with serial numbers - but as this is from the US I do not know if this will be like the EU or AU numbers).

Other question:
I need a steering wheel for the 1982 model (4bars) in light brown color, do you know where I can buy such?

I would like also to register my cars.

Thanks,

Amir Fogel :cheers:

i'll PM my address to you and i'll put the diagrams up for people to see and use

as for a steering wheel i'll see what i can find for you

we only got the 4 spoke wheels in this country and 99% of them were brown

I have an abundance of the plastic wheel trims.

As for the alloy wheels, they are in big demand here, you'd be lucky to get them from us.

On the other hand, they are somewhat plentiful in Canada. The Peugeot-L forum often has mention of cars in junkyards with them on. If you're going to be shipping something half way round the world, you might as well get them from there.

Not trying to be smart, but like I said, they are in such demand here that some have considered getting them from the US and Canada anyway.