604 register

pugrambo

Going slightly mad
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
this is at the moment an expression of interest to see if it is a worthwhile project but i would like to organise a coutrywide 604 register

seeing as this is a model that was not very widespread to start with and there are a few of us that are trying to keep the model alive i thought it would be a good idea to have a register

i realise that there may be a few of the car clubs that may have something similar and many of us know that there is the 03 register that bands together information regarding parts and the like to keep these cars running but a centralised 604 register may be of use to many

anyone got any ideas or thoughts on this ?

pugrambo said:
this is at the moment an expression of interest to see if it is a worthwhile project but i would like to organise a coutrywide 604 register

seeing as this is a model that was not very widespread to start with and there are a few of us that are trying to keep the model alive i thought it would be a good idea to have a register

i realise that there may be a few of the car clubs that may have something similar and many of us know that there is the 03 register that bands together information regarding parts and the like to keep these cars running but a centralised 604 register may be of use to many

anyone got any ideas or thoughts on this ?

I for one thinks this is a great idea. put me down for it. i have 7 604's and love all of them and i keep each one of them on the road. my pride and joy is my 78 TI blue.
but for long trips you car'nt go past a 604 5speed turbo diesel. great car!!!

Last edited:
Just to chip in... there's one in Canberra that trots across to Murrumburrah once every four or six weeks... Owen Wuillemin has the car Roly build up from the leftover body Renault Aust had (a turbo diesel)... Andrew and Warren have cars in the Young area.

I think it's a great idea.

How about everyone who knows anywhere a car is located post that location (preferably with the name) on this thread?

there was also another one in Yass that was a daily driver but it has gone to gosford to power a 504 :disappr:

one of warrens cars also has gone south form what i have heard (LOL 295)

the ex Wally best car is also in SA and i know who has that one :D

there is also a white one in Batemans Bay

for the register i think what is needed is

chassis number
engine number
year model
type ie SL TI GTI
condition
general description of the car
where abouts of the car
owner/s

one of the benefits i hope will be that if a certain part say for just for an example sunroof seals are needed and a one off price is obtained then the register can be used to contact people to see if they are interested in the part and maybe a better price for a group buy could be had

also if a cars owner or state of repair changes (ie write off) then that is also changed

i don't mind organising a database and keeping it in check with info as it comes in

i think we could aim at having at least 70% of the 604's in the country on the database possibly more

Ray Bell said:
How about everyone who knows anywhere a car is located post that location (preferably with the name) on this thread?

just one thing about details bieng posted on a public site

some people may not want to have their details in public view

if this takes off then either emails or PM's would suffice to keep details of persons and their cars away from pure general public view

we don't want the arabs to know where the cars are now do we

if someone else has the time to do it then a 504 register could also be setup along with a 505 register

you would need a bit more time to set those up though as there are a few more 504's and 505's in this country

i realise that this is a weekend but i thought that there would have been a few more interested parties in response to this

c'mon 604 people

i might also email the pug clubs in the country as well to get this happening

another thing i thought of as well was having 604 days/weekends

the last weekend i had any input into organising was a 203 weekend at bundanoon many years ago and that was a success with the largest number of 203's gathered in the same spot in more modern times so here's hoping that a 604 register can be as successfull

pugrambo said:
i realise that this is a weekend but i thought that there would have been a few more interested parties in response to this

c'mon 604 people

i might also email the pug clubs in the country as well to get this happening

another thing i thought of as well was having 604 days/weekends

the last weekend i had any input into organising was a 203 weekend at bundanoon many years ago and that was a success with the largest number of 203's gathered in the same spot in more modern times so here's hoping that a 604 register can be as successfull
It sounds like a good idea, I'm interested.

All of the ideas you suggested sound great.

I had my 604 out at the Daffadill festival at Oberon, which the local historic car club(s) put their cars in the parade through town and was surprised of the amount of interest from a few other club members.

So if this takes off put me down for 2 :D

:cheers:

Put me down for 2 as well although neither are on the road at the moment, I hope to have one back on the road early in the new year. Just about finished putting on a Weber Carb and LP Gas as well to make it a bit more economic to run. This will become a daily driver when finished (New paint and Upholstory), fitted with a 5 Spd Box and it cruises at about 2600 RPM at 100kph. I think it's a shame to lose anymore for conversion cars unless they are too rusty to repair, they must be rarer now than probably most other Pugs and a badly under-rated car.

ok guys

seeing as this is at the moment going to look like a going concern if you can send details of your cars as per the post above to either pugrambo@nella.net.au or pugrambo@aussiefrogs.com and i can start on getting a database up and running

we need to know about all 604's you have no matter what condition they are in so don't forget about that one that is down the back of the yard with the grass growing through the the holes in the floor

if it is upright and visible add it in

I know where there were 2, but I think a lot of the cars on that site went to the tip, so I don't know if they survived. One was a rusty looking Series 2 SL in white, and the other a Series 1 ( I think ) in dark blue with front corner damage but good doors, panels etc. and a slightly hotted motor.

There was also one parked around the side of French Car Care in Kingston near Hobart the last time I was there. It was a gold S2 SL and looked like it had been there for months.

604 Sl

Count me in with a 78 604SL whose role in life in causing depair to others in Classic Rallies. I agree with all who describe the 604 as a massively under-rated car.

Mark Thorpe said:
Count me in with a 78 604SL whose role in life in causing depair to others in Classic Rallies. I agree with all who describe the 604 as a massively under-rated car.

and they look great in blue

when you get time send your details through and i'll add them into the database

this is something i should have started a long time ago

Two More 604's

I still have the 59,000kms SL and the GTI I offered on the forum a year ago, as I certainly haven't put any real effort in to finding new homes for cars I am very fond of, so put me down for Two [ plus 4 with the grass growing throught them!]. I know of two nice SL's at Warners Bay in Newcastle [ which share garage space with a 403 Cabrio and a 203 van. Also a beautifully rerstore SL at Alstonville.

Pug Lover said:
I still have the 59,000kms SL and the GTI I offered on the forum a year ago, as I certainly haven't put any real effort in to finding new homes for cars I am very fond of, so put me down for Two [ plus 4 with the grass growing throught them!]. I know of two nice SL's at Warners Bay in Newcastle [ which share garage space with a 403 Cabrio and a 203 van. Also a beautifully rerstore SL at Alstonville.

cool

can you send details of the cars to either pugrambo@nella.net.au or pugrambo@aussiefrogs.com

chassis number
engine number
year model
type ie SL TI GTI SRDT GRDT STI
condition
general description of the car
where abouts of the car
owner/s
rego number

so far i have details for the 604 here and one other in the database

there are currently three for sale in the queensland trading post, that i doubt would have moved and all are reasonably priced...

MAKE/MODEL: Peugeot 604
YEAR: 1979
ODOMETER: 269,000kms
PRICE: $1,450.00
TRANSMISSION: automatic

PEUGEOT 604 SL 1979 model, Green, V6ltr 3sp auto, 269000kms, sunroof, leather seats, mechanically sound, great touring car -$1450 Toowoomba (0417) 969 840.

MAKE/MODEL: Peugeot 604
YEAR: 1978
PRICE: $1,000.00

PEUGEOT 604 SL, 1978, 2 vehicles available. One used till recently. $500 each, or the pair -$1000 Coorparoo (0419) 783 535.

STATE: QLD FIRST PUBLISHED: 29 Oct 2004
SOURCE: Private Classifieds (Personal Trading Post)

i'm also pretty sure there is a guy out the back of towoomba that has a colection of pugs... we saw them and stoped once on the way through to sydeny not entirely sure however on the exact location...

pugrambo said:
and they look great in blue

when you get time send your details through and i'll add them into the database

this is something i should have started a long time ago
This colour blue :D

BTW how many were approximately sold out here ?

Last edited:
2 pugs said:
This colour blue :D

BTW how many were approximately sold out here ?

about the same colour as yours Andrew

actually it's a dead ringer for the one pictured in the targa thread in the motorsport forum

i have been told around 6-700 were sold out here nationwide but they are now becoming an endangered species

so far there are 3 NSW cars and 1 ACT car on the register