Renault Floride body rebuild.

The completed engine bay...

It sports a 1397 Siera engine with a new Italian made 32/36 DGV weber carbie.

The exhaust is a standard R10 muffler and manifold, I will be making a new set of stainless steel extractors in the coming months.

The heater is a standard sofica blower, new fuel pump, water pump, coil etc.

New Spanish made R10 radiator and hoses.

Still running a ducelier generator, good starter motor, new regulator.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_3388.jpg
    IMG_3388.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,751
Last edited:
I know I've told you before but you really should block off the rear grille so as not to loose the air coming in through the bonnet as a caravelle set up, and perhaps put a shroud at the front as a caravelle or floride would have, in your case bolted onto the three tabs.

Thanks for the input fellow Frogger but this car cools like a ripper and I am unwilling to tamper with that.

Last edited:
Graham this is the sort of cabrio I'd like to see SWMBO driving.
The problem is she has narrowed the choice down to the Mini Cooper or the VW EOS, current Frogs are just not in the race as the 308CC has too wide of a rocker panel and the 207/8CC is too wee.
Who won the bloody war?
Have seen an EOS in white with white trim, spec'bloody'tacular! Then you have to keep the interior clean.:cry:
What you have done is inspiring, the level of workmanship borders on the OCD...THIS IS A GOOD THING! Perfection doesn't roll off the production line unless it's located at Crewe.:wink2:
Keep the discourse flowing.:cheers:

Thanks Bluey,

It may be OCD but as Paul Hogan says "you bite off more than you can chew then chew like buggery"

It works for me....:wink2:

Random shots..

Did the wheel alignment today, fitted doors and now patiently waiting for the rain to abate so I can go for a test drive...:)

Jobs left to do..

Assemble the hard top.

Make a new vinyl trunk lining.

Have a new soft top made.

Detail and polish.

Polish stainless hubcaps on lathe.

Build new exhaust extractors.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3400.JPG
    IMG_3400.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_3413.jpg
    IMG_3413.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,415
Last edited:
Did the wheel alignment today, fitted doors and now patiently waiting for the rain to abate so I can go for a test drive...:)

Jobs left to do..

Assemble the hard top.

Make a new vinyl trunk lining.

Have a new soft top made.

Detail and polish.

Polish stainless hubcaps on lath.

Build new exhaust extractors.

Coming together nicely Graham and you must be pretty well on target?

How was the bonnet fit after the adjustments you made?

The weather has pretty well put my project on hold, can't wait to get back into it, your work has inspired :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

The weather has pretty well put my project on hold, can't wait to get back into it, your work has inspired :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris,

The bonnet fits much better probably 99 %.

As you already know it takes a bit of self motivation to restore old cars and I can't wait to see your posts fire up again as it has been an interesting thread.

Grinning like a split melon...

:D:D.......Just took the Floride for a road test around my suburb which is hilly in places and put it through it's paces....:D:D

The steering, suspension and brakes feel nice and tight.

No rattles, shudders or shakes.

Nothing went clanging down the road because I forgot to tighten it.

The temperature stayed at 75.

It all went great.

The color blocking has commenced and will take a few days to complete and I have issues getting the doors and window regulators working as well as the were before the rebuild.

But all in all I am delighted with the work so far.

I will post some decent pics soon now that I can get the car out of my cramped garage and do a proper photo shoot.

:D:D.

Last edited:
How are the S/S extractors coming along?
KB

where the fire breather?

Hey 59F,

Your Floride is looking unreal i must say - i wish my attention to detail was as good as yours.

One question though - where is the fire breather in the back? There is nothing more special than a Floride that way over powered.

Talk soon mate,

BR

It's been quite a few months since I've been able to get back to the Floride due to work commitments out of town but I am back at it.

The paint is all blocked back and looks pretty good for a first attempt but still work to do, shiny paint can reveal defects that weren't apparent at the beginning, so some touching up still to be done.

Next will be the completion of the hard top....

attachment.php

attachment.php
34128d1347233463-renault-floride-body-rebuild-005.jpg
34130d1347233467-renault-floride-body-rebuild-022.jpg

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 635
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 491
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,177
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 454
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,141
Last edited:
It's been quite a few months since I've been able to get back to the Floride due to work commitments out of town but I am back at it.

The paint is all blocked back and looks pretty good for a first attempt but still work to do, shiny paint can reveal defects that weren't apparent at the beginning, so some touching up still to be done.
]

It's 'cos you painted it. If your the painter all you can see is the flaws in the finish when you look at the car ........................ Others however rarely ( if ever ) notice them, even if you point them out :)

seeya,
Shane L.

It's 'cos you painted it. If your the painter all you can see is the flaws in the finish when you look at the car ........................ Others however rarely ( if ever ) notice them, even if you point them out :)

seeya,
Shane L.

That's quite true Shane, most wouldn't even notice, but I'm a fussy bugger and must have too much time on my hands.....

*This carpark was washed away during the 2011 Queensland floods and was covered by 14 metres of floodwater...it has all been restored by the Brisbane City Council..top marks to them.*

Last edited: