what do I have and what can I use?

Yeah there is a member here 90% of the way fitting a K4m into a R10. I think a couple of us are waiting for him to finish so we can copy his work :p Let me see if i can find the thread. C.less, you were building it?

Sorry to hear about your work shuffling you around, family all ok with it?

I think you owe it to yourself to drive it, if not once. Get yourself entered in a motorkharna or if they are to confused working out where your car fits, enter a drift day (Driftmob / Driving Sports)

That might sound insane, but they are generous with what kind of vehicle you arrive with and as speeds are low, and as they generally book a wet circuit, odd vehicles classify ok. You would be able to fang the thing and still get change from $100.

But maybe try for a motorkharna first (usually ~$150) Christian Auto Club / Lower blue mountains car club / BMW Car Club / WRX Car Club / Datsun Car Club all reguarly book the skid pan at SMSP, and would be well in to your weird thing.

Ah it is C.lees

Thread here, get a wine ready

Thanks for your time Bowie, much appreciated. Thx for the thread too. Could be dangerous reading it :sneaky:

Which gearboxes with same bolt pattern as the 12 are considered the strongest as far as power handling is concerned?

After fitting new front brake hoses just 12 months ago with good results, i left car for a year and have just wasted money and time trying to find out why i couldn't get a hard pedal. Turns out my new hoses failed. So now bought some from an Aussie supplier (will remain nameless), good quality but they are 50mm too short. Ahhhh. So will extend mounting 'ears' out this weekend and we should be finished.
Also decided to sell without driving. Better to not get addicted to it. Wife is happy with decision too.

Aaw come on.

You at least owe us a skid in the driveway.

Aaw come on.

Aaw come on.

Hmmm, must think about this one. I did post a few weeks back in "cars wanted", looking for some kind of Renault special to skid around the back paddock during Covid-19 restrictions. This would be easier than chopping up a rusty R10S.

You probably have enough toys no? But I shall endorse this if I can have a go :D

I know where they keep the stickers?

But I'd offer we'd all appreciate you saving this from landfill.

I know where they keep the stickers?

But I'd offer we'd all appreciate you saving this from landfill.
It would be worth it to hear the crackle of SU's on a Renault powered open wheeler special. I can remember the smell of methanol in the morning air at the Amaroo Park Hillclimb just thinking about that sound.

Would be a fun khana car for sure.
Really need to get just a few hours to finish this.
Will definitely give you a video skiddy up the driveway.
I did replace the SU carbs with a Weber but thinking of putting th e SU 's back on.
Gotta get trailer rego'd too.

All finished and have it a quick blattc up the oh-too-short and narrow driveway. A simpme /basic little beast but lots of potential for fun. Just needs a track day to do some suspension angles settings (toe, camber , castor , pressures etc) and shakedown. Am I gunna do it, no. Just the quick blatt and I knew if I get it on the track i won't be able to part with it. Without wanting to sound like a knob, there is nothing like jumping into an open wheeler race car over a tin top. Feels so much faster, even if it isn't.
Will put in for sale list on aussiefrogs before it goes onto gumtree / FB market place etc. Will come with a registerable trailer.

Hahar!

Look at that little nugget!

Yes open wheels are at least 50x as fun.

I love it! It's nearly as wide as it is long!

All finished and have it a quick blattc up the oh-too-short and narrow driveway. A simpme /basic little beast but lots of potential for fun. Just needs a track day to do some suspension angles settings (toe, camber , castor , pressures etc) and shakedown. Am I gunna do it, no. Just the quick blatt and I knew if I get it on the track i won't be able to part with it. Without wanting to sound like a knob, there is nothing like jumping into an open wheeler race car over a tin top. Feels so much faster, even if it isn't.
Will put in for sale list on aussiefrogs before it goes onto gumtree / FB market place etc. Will come with a registerable trailer.

Congratulations, great job ! You have done a lot in a short time, to a very high standard. I hope you get what you should despite the tough market.

Last edited:
Yez Bowie, good size for hillclimb or Kana type stuff. Going up driveway tentatively in first feels a million kph . My father once saw me drive a formula ford and said i would have been 3 seconds quicker but my grin added too much wind drag.

For some reason can't reply to my for sale ad. Anyway, sadly for me the Froggy has been sold. Thanks to all those calling and messaging.