Turbo 306 in Adelaide

ok i will try to fit them on, i will have to look around australia, dont think there are any local ones. the prelude engine is the strongest of the vtec range, and the best to turbo, with the smaller ons the worst. i know a couple of people who have done the prelude turbo job, but also some who have tried it on he others and it wasnt a pretty sight. all im saying is that they are very lightweight internals and very costly to replace, so be careful.
as for the power around corners, it still handles like it is on rails, but the power comes on so quickly.

Ecosse offer a turbo kit for the GTi-6. Stage one will get about approx 269bhp and stage 2 347bhp, but will cost around 5000 pounds, but shows the Gti's internals can't be all bad.

Hey Andreas is your 405 going to be featured in a mag or do you have some mods up your sleeve.

turbopeugeot306:
yeah, but how much.if i want to be the most powerful i cant just say "excep for that one"
The car belongs to a Victorian called Bill Hamilton. It's a 404. :) The motor is a twin-turbo (WRX turbos) 2850cc PRV V6 (PRV = Peugeot, Renault, Volvo - it was a joint-venture motor designed in the early 'seventies). It beats the 300kW HSVs down the straight at Phillip Island, and laps a few seconds slower than the tricked WRXs. Apparently the Commode drivers tend to appear at the front of the Pug in the pits afterwards and ask to see under the bonnet... :)

Rob Cherry from the Victorian Pug club told me a few weeks ago that there would be dyno graphs published in the current club mag. The power output is something in the region of 250kW. That's around 400bhp, right? Amazing.

You can always claim to have the most powerful 4-cylinder Pug in Australia. :D

Cheers,
John Lane.

pugsy:
Hey Andreas is your 405 going to be featured in a mag or do you have some mods up your sleeve.
Chances are it'll be featured sooner rather than later.
Had many more plans but have to move onto other things...this may mean the car will be for sale shortly, i'm sure you've haerd that before. mallet

250 kw? i should be able to beat that within 3 weeks... i might be over that now, just need to go Tilbrooks and go on their dyno, RPM think their dyno is lower than normal. pics up by lunchtime! stay tuned...

oh, or is that 250 at the wheels?

and with the turbo gti, just be careful, ecosse have a phone number to call for specific questions. its worth the international rates if it is going to save u a 5 grand engine, and a 3 grand gearbox rebuild...

aquinian:
turbopeugeot306:
yeah, but how much.if i want to be the most powerful i cant just say "excep for that one"
The car belongs to a Victorian called Bill Hamilton. It's a 404. :) The motor is a twin-turbo (WRX turbos) 2850cc PRV V6 (PRV = Peugeot, Renault, Volvo - it was a joint-venture motor designed in the early 'seventies).

Cheers,
John Lane.
I thought it was a 505, I'm pretty sure it is - red if I'm not mistaken.

I thought so too, unless he's swapped again.
Last year the 404 had a V6 on triple webers.

Pug307:
I thought it was a 505, I'm pretty sure it is - red if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, Rob Cherry sent me some pictures of the motor, and an article he wrote for the club mag, and it was going into a 505. But on the phone he told me the story of the HSV-beating 404 powered by a twin-turbo PRV V6. So Bill Hamilton either swapped bodies or he has done two of these motors. I think the former, but I am in Perth. :D

turbopeugeot306:
250 kw? i should be able to beat that within 3 weeks... i might be over that now, just need to go Tilbrooks and go on their dyno, RPM think their dyno is lower than normal. pics up by lunchtime! stay tuned...

oh, or is that 250 at the wheels?
At the wheels, I believe, and it is only an estimate. The car beats 300kW HSVs in a straight line. But it is lighter than they are. See if you can get the PCCV magazine and view the dyno charts, if they made it in there.

If you can get more power out of a 2-litre 4 banger than a twin-turbo 2.8-litre V6, then you deserve whatever kudos you receive. The truth is that you have no chance whatsoever of winning that race, if somebody decides to take you on. The PRV V6 ran for ten years at Le Mans, and produced 950bhp. And that was in the 'eighties. With modern fuel delivery machinery, and a computer, that could be substantially increased. tongue

Cheers!
John Lane.

turbopeugeot306:
as for the power around corners, it still handles like it is on rails
Alex could get plates for your car that'd be perfect, JETWPN?

roll_lau

Ahaha yes Andreas FE2 Suspension on rails bro...my VL with cop chip can outreun anyfing Re.

Its got JETJETJETSIKJET number plates :)

TurboPug306 hurry up man im dying here i need more pics ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge! just tuned the car again and was driving all day today! all i know is i got one pair of dirty pants now! got the inlet temp of air down to 2 degrees when i went driving today! yep, 2 degrees! u will see why if u guys come to autosalon. sorry bout the delay in pics, promise on thursday i will have them up by dinner! just had too much fun driving it today to sit down and put up the pics. 250 at the wheels is very respectable, guess i will have to settle for second place, but had some fun dancing with wrx's today, oh and a stupid vl turbo who wouldnt give up! this thing flew, the rex's take me in first, then i dont know what happens, i just blast past! pretty funny, most of the time they think that im joking at thelights until they hear the BOV, and cant work out what car it is coming from... :) i guess i will have to wait to drag a HSV GTS, but with almost 250kw on a 980 kilo car vs. their 300 kw on a 1800 kilo car, i dont like their chances... by the way, i NEED gti brakes. any1 have any info on how to change my brakes from 306 style to 306 gti, ie. what parts i specifically need? doing some high boost runs today, it got pretty hairy when some old bitch cut infront of me...

Hey good to see you are chopping up some Jap cars. WRXs are fast off the line if driven right but top end is fairly crap in stock form.

You should come down here to Melbourne i wanna give you a race in the GTO :) Oh also we have to Indo Drags with all the rich Indo Students that have Turbo VTECs and Lancers ect. You should come down and show them some Euro style :)

BTW- How da hell do you get 2 degree intake temps? Wat was the ambient temp?

i remember a car in fast fours a few years ago that was blown and he was running an A/C compressor and pumping cooled air into his intake and stated that the extra horsepower to drive the compressor was far outweighed by the power increase from the cooled air
his intake temps were around the 3 or 4 deg from memory

turbopeugeot306

does this sound similar to what you have done ???

Mr turbopug congrats on your neat machine.
Most powerfull pug you say? well there is a 504 here on this board that had a 13B turbo init, so there is 400Kw+ potential..
I wouldn't bother trying to be the most powerful, you already do quicker 1/4(12.2) mile than that 504, and any T16 205 ive ever heard of here.
There is a 306 with 4WD and cosworth engine/running gear in the UK, and thats been tweeked for 550Hp, either way cheers to you.
If ever in sydney drop us a note and we will go for a cruize and see how your turbo goes with the twisties!! Xq

LOL Chris...thems fighting words head_ban head_ban head_ban

Mr turbopug congrats on your neat machine.
Most powerfull pug you say? well there is a 504 here on this board that had a 13B turbo init, so there is 400Kw+ potential..
I wouldn't bother trying to be the most powerful, you already do quicker 1/4(12.2) mile than that 504, and any T16 205 ive ever heard of here.
There is a 306 with 4WD and cosworth engine/running gear in the UK, and thats been tweeked for 550Hp, either way cheers to you.
If ever in sydney drop us a note and we will go for a cruize and see how your turbo goes with the twisties!! Xq

Phasis:
LOL Chris...thems fighting words head_ban head_ban head_ban
The scenic Old Pac Hwy road awaits.

Brad when are you coming back to take more midnight photos on the scenic road? wink

No plans as yet to come back down again. I was expecting all you would come up here :confused: :D

hey, new pics on my site now, been working flat out on the audio setup. NEW PICS TOMORROW of all my new audio gear (new $1200 sub).
just stripped the whole car down and laid it with dynamat sound deadner.
im waiting to go up into the hills with it, but should be good, since the boost is limited in the lower gears (love that turbomart e-boost)
i should be going to melbourne for their autosalon so any1 who wants to have a squiz, come down to adelaide or melbourne for the shows
p.s. i love the feeling of spinning the wheels easily when going over 100... something of a different feeling from what it was

turbopeugeot306:

i should be going to melbourne for their autosalon so any1 who wants to have a squiz, come down
I'll see you there, i'm entering with TeamAZM.