Turbo 306 in Adelaide

..... look its probably everything a frog 306 shouldn't be, but my car i riced too so i guess i say good on him.
If that's what he set out to achive then so be it. What do you think the original 205 gti designers larked when some on mentioned 4x4 and turbo..lol.
any way. id like to bring it against Yelo's 205 when done.
ill gladly help him remove that stereo...lol
cheers Xq

ps keep an eye out for my mates 306XT, turdbo maybe.. i wont say nothing more tilltis done

I dont think it's overdone, the body looks pretty standard so not too ricey really.

I'm just glad there are more pugs out there being modded these days, it's what i've always hoped for!!!
About time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh i actually asked him how much the whole job cost he replied, "my turbo cost just over 15 grand".

WHoooo....lots of cash to blow on a car worth just a much.

Personally i would have saved that cash sold the 306 and waited until this new 206 gti comes down under.

head_ban Sik car to have at auto saloon though spanner (if he can get it there)

give him credit though, we all have given the thought of chucking a turbo to our NA pugs before the guy had the balls to do it...and the cash.

sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk eek! eek! eek!

quick quick.someone email him n get more pictures of his engine bay.i wanna see his manifold......hauaahauh :D :D its bout time its about time.

p.s anyways....dreas.......whens MAS.

madpug :D :D

purrr-geot, do you have his email address?

madpug, july 12/13, will you still be here?
if not leave me your car and i'll enter it :D
I can even get 17's for it :)

Being looking at detail at what this guys done and full credit to him that's a wild ride but it makes you wonder why bother with an auto to manual conversion when there is heaps of manual 306's out there. Also a 306 S16 or a GTi6 would have been a better base for turboing, more power better brakes and interiors etc.. but then it is always better to be different! If it did cost him 15k for turbo conversion you could nearly buy a Pulsar GTiR, but then it would'nt be a Pug would it. Was going to skip Adelaide Auto Salon due to crappy level of cars last year may have to change my mind to see the car in detail.

Yeh andreas i havent got his email i'll just leave a message on his site at car domain, might aswell ask him to join us here and tell us about what exactly he did>

Hey Mad Pug if u want u can borrow my 17" for Autosaloon...but ul need my hub adaptors but i think Andreas is using them?

pugsy:
Also a 306 S16 or a GTi6 would have been a better base for turboing, more power better brakes and interiors etc.. but then it is always better to be different!
I'm not sure the GTi6 motor would have any quantifiable benefit over the S16 motor if you were to turbocharge them.

I mean, the GTi6 is a magic NA motor and force feeding it will ruin all those nice bits and pieces.

There are better ways to spend money on a 306 I reckon.

Alex, i'm already thinking ahead of you...we'll see which car gets them! wink

S16 turbo...or should i say T16...that's what i'd do!

Andreas u gonna come down this week and check out the GTi conversion...it should be ready very soon. Also we can try those hub adaptors on man :)

Hey WRC are you chucking in the gti-6 soon spanner ? Mad mad gotta show us when it's done.
All the best with it head_ban

hey all u guys, thanks for checking out my turbo peugeot! i have just been offered te cover of fast fours and hot4's, so i cant wait till they finally geta euro car on there, rather than the usual ***'n wrx or 200sx (or the piece of shit lancer i saw on hot4's last month, biggest pile of crap ever!)
i read that u guys said i should have done it to a gti. they have VERY fragile internals, and a compression ratio of 11.0, which is NEVER turbo territory, because they are lightweight internals to rev really high and hard. as soon as some boost is added, the crank, rods and pistons all fail. the six speed box is the same, so i went for the stronger 5 speed. even the other twin cam engines are very fragile, so i went for the strong and modest 8v 1.8 litre.
even with this i had to decompress the pistons and get a custom composite head gasket to lower the compression down to 8.25. this lets me put in a max boost of 13.7 psi.yep, thats 235kw on a 1020 kilo car.
the whole job came to 18 grand, but i worked it out to 15 grand if i put their sticker on my car. i also have to be in their stand at autosalon.

this one is to wrcpug: i got a genuine 12.1 at adelaide international dragway and still have the ticket if u want to see. i have a tubosmart e-boost which runs a different boost in each gear. 8 psi in 1st, 11 in 2nd and 13.7 in 3rd 4th and 5th. i also have potenza g3 tyres, and the 0-100 time of 5.1 is now 5.0, and that was recorded with both an apexi rev\speed meter and also a g-tech meter.

new pics are up on the site over the next few days ( <a href="http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbopeugeot306" target="_blank">www.cardomain.com/id/turbopeugeot306</a> ), and if any one wants to email me for more info or pics its : diamg001@students.unisa.edu.au

and yell out if it ever looks too jap, coz i want to keep it looking european and classy. cheers all and keep on hotting up those pugs! australia hasnt got enough wild euro cars!!! and lancers suck!

by the way, i have performance chips for all model 306s and extractors for the 8v 1.8 engine (they are custom ones fom exhaust technology) all for sale

Mmm... all good points blush I'll be quiet now.

turbopeugeot306 sent you email for more photos.

Timesheets and dynosheets please.

What sort of slicks were you running?

ok, check out my site, in a day or2 i will have the dyno sheets and time sheets up on there. i was using semi-racing advans, but have done a 12.89 on my potenza g3 street tyres (well my old set coz the drag strip shredded the sh1t out of them!) and yes i have the time sheets for that run too

and only a week ago we were telling purrr-geot the 1.8 8v was and would always be gutless :D