Tool Talk

Out of stock, Brookvale :(
They had put them in a silly spot at our local store. I grabbed two sets.... my father saw them on the kitchen table here and grabbed a set later in the day. I tend to be pretty hard on tools, so they'll probably be welded/buckled/cut up/ground pretty quickly :clown:

They had put them in a silly spot at our local store. I grabbed two sets.... my father saw them on the kitchen table here and grabbed a set later in the day. I tend to be pretty hard on tools, so they'll probably be welded/buckled/cut up/ground pretty quickly :clown:
I tried to order them click and collect, but was listed as no stock. Cannot travel the breadth of Sydney for them, no fun in that 🙂

I got 2 sets. I happened to be in Melton for work when I Saw they were on sale so dropped into the there.

Does anyone else have a karcher patio cleaner attachement? Mines just died, it refuses to spin and is driving me insane. It spins very easily if you push the bar, and none of the jets or anything are blocked. it takes *forever* to clean decks/pavers using just a wand in comparison.

Failing that, does anyone have a suggestion that isn't low quality junk like the Karcher ? (which are fine ...... for the very short time the thing works).

I could've bought one of those attachments a while back cheaply at a garage sale. The jet set up looked flimsy so I passed.

You sure it's not blocked? Presumably it works with the wand. Could it be the hose?

I could've bought one of those attachments a while back cheaply at a garage sale. The jet set up looked flimsy so I passed.

You sure it's not blocked? Presumably it works with the wand. Could it be the hose?
the rest of it still works fine. its just the attachement. I've noticed its leaking from the center of the spinning shaft. I'm betting if there is any leakage here, the water pressure is seizing up the wand and preventing it spinning. There is lots of pressure at the end of the "spinny bit" .... its just not spinning.

bunnings sell a version of the patio cleaner that'll fit karcher junk ....

its horendously expensive if its the same poor quality. Its a shame as they work really well........ when they are working :rolleyes:

I got sick of crap from Bunnings that kept dying so I bought a Kranzle about 20 years ago.
15 amp, weighs just about as much as I can lift and always works.
It has been serviced once, the turbo lance died and was replaced, and the pump is overdue for a service again, but I keep putting it off and another year rolls by.

You'll pay for kranzle quality, but once only.

I got sick of crap from Bunnings that kept dying so I bought a Kranzle about 20 years ago.
15 amp, weighs just about as much as I can lift and always works.
It has been serviced once, the turbo lance died and was replaced, and the pump is overdue for a service again, but I keep putting it off and another year rolls by.

You'll pay for kranzle quality, but once only.
they are thousands of $$$ .... there is no way that is ever happening :(

Gerni are water cooled, whereas Karcher are air cooled.
Gerni are a bit more expensive, but not hugely so. And the fittings are metal, whereas Karcher ones are plastic and have been known to break if the fall over from the standing position.

With the ones I've seen, the motors of Karcher ones seem to last but the plastic valves, etc do not.

My budget, base model Karcher has withstood moderate use, and long periods of neglect, for many years, maybe 10, with just one fault at about two years of age. An internal pressure leak was simply failure of a plastic elbow fitting leading to where the outlet hose attaches.

The elbow was poorly designed, in my opinion, with insufficient radius and lack of a reinforcing web on the turn. Inevitably with the pulsed pressure output it fatigued and cracked.
Karcher wanted to sell me a discharge assembly... Elbow, hose, fittings and wand, for well over 50% of total purchase price. A cleaning equipment company sold me an inexpensive elbow as a "common problem" solution.

My budget, base model Karcher has withstood moderate use, and long periods of neglect, for many years, maybe 10, with just one fault at about two years of age. An internal pressure leak was simply failure of a plastic elbow fitting leading to where the outlet hose attaches.

The elbow was poorly designed, in my opinion, with insufficient radius and lack of a reinforcing web on the turn. Inevitably with the pulsed pressure output it fatigued and cracked.
Karcher wanted to sell me a discharge assembly... Elbow, hose, fittings and wand, for well over 50% of total purchase price. A cleaning equipment company sold me an inexpensive elbow as a "common problem" solution.

The cheap karcher I bought a couple of years ago ... it kept blowing a seal out ... is was driving the local repair place nuts... as I'd bring it straight back after they'd fixed it. Eventually they asked me did the hose have a stop valve in it ..... When I checked, it did (I never realised). Once I smashed that out, it had no further issues.

And the fittings are metal
yeah, monkey metal it looks like, doesn't like hard water. Haven't used the one here for years, if the pump is the same stuff I'd reckon that it has likely "rusted" itself to oblivion....
Bob

Well, all I can say is that I have a Karcher and a Gerni, both roughly same age and usage hours, and the Karcher has carked it already, whereas the Gerni is going fine.
The Karcher pulses constantly and has no pressure.

It's possible one of the valves on the Karcher is stuck, perhaps on a bit of grit. These things generally have a 3 cylinder pump with the cylinders 120 degrees apart. Lose a cylinder with one of its valves sticking and you get flutter and pressure loss. Valve sticking seems to be more common than outright valve failure.

Roger

Thanks Roger...I'll take it apart, but they're a bit different from a Peugeot. Last time I took one apart I had to hide the pieces from public view and quietly throw it all in the bin. :cool::rolleyes:

I've been googling review on small domestic 240volt electric pressure washers.... you know, they all sound to be junk unless I go for something like a spitwater boxjet (the one I've always wanted to get). Having said that... the product review website reckons these are really good.

who'd have thought it, michelin branded. The $500 one sounds good, though the review website suggests getting the next model up as it has a brass pump.... its twice the money though :eek: