The pheonix rises (post the thief mmmm)

A used 306 loom is even better, the relay box they use has two fuses and space for four relays, thank you both for your suggestions but Mr Peugeot came up with the box, four clips, two fuses and a rubber grommet. Wires are just too short to fit to the battery distribution so will makeup a sub board fused off the main. Good use for spare fuses too!

Regards to all.

Yes, the Narva relay sockets aren't too bad. $8-9 each.

I get bases, with loose crimpable connectors for around $3.50 each. I usually replace the supplied connector with silver flashed contacts.

Jay Dee Auto Cables Pty Ltd - Home

jdee base.JPG

With Narva products you pay distributors mark up.

Jay Dee does mail order willingly.

Spare fuses came into use today, Wire J1 goes direct from driving lamps to alternator, will put a 15 amp fuse in line and wire it to Battery distribution. Tidier and less wire going everywhere.

Now to fix the flasher, leds everywhere and its double flashing, off to jaycar I suspect. Onto gluing dash.

Good to see you cracking on. So many of these projects dont get finished. Im guilty of it on many occasions!!

It would not have got this far without the help of many, yourself included. Its part time at best, my objective is one thing per day, the dash is the hardest after that faggot ripped out the instruments to get to the lower half to steal it.

The replacements he left are all glued up not a pale of its former self sadly but the engine and gearbox will make up for that. Can't wait to drive it!

This weekends progress, wiring and finding where things come from and go to. Drivers wheel bearing has a wobble so it goes back for replacement.

Leds everywhere, led flasher cobbled in and working, great lights, everywhere apart from rear fog and dash bulbs

IMAG0604.jpg

Yes <Adrian, they are tight, passenger is fine but drivers wobbles when tight, did and undid it three times to check.

Thanks Renn, I hope it goes something like yours!

Agree, just so pissed with him can't get anything right.

:banana:

Cranked it over, in a bit of curiosity, timed it over 12 months back, gave a heathly sound, oil circulating which must be good.

Inlet off for modification, 2.5cm out of the bottom and a few other cuts and welds, brass bushes into gear lever feels like a square cut race box now!

Tank out tomorrow for cleaning, new fuel pump as the other one was stolen of course, check the fuel lines and except for the exhaust its almost ready to go as long as the inlet comes back.

Surprise surpise the tape player resisted the faggot and still plays, midnight oil whilst I work!

Magdick is still refusing to give me back my cash, thieving lier he is, self absorbed in his own world denying everything yet crying over the loss of all his tools, good on inspector plod, the prick deserves everything that comes to him. Even denies being a bikie stupid idiot.

Better yet a j4r block painted bright red turned up, this was put away for after this project is on the road, a good motor, Richards lower end, good block, head of original donk and back in it goes. Happier days.

Are you shortning the Gti6 manifold?

Are you shortning the Gti6 manifold?

Yes, also cutting out the resonator and patching it up also docking the end where it wraps the power steering pump, moving it back 2.5 cm.

The gear stick is unbelievable with brass bushes and new linkages plus rebuilt box, it is clinical in operation does not have to move much and a definitive pattern., this will be the best thing to try out for real. Big thanks to Adrian W.

Yes, also cutting out the resonator and patching it up also docking the end where it wraps the power steering pump, moving it back 2.5 cm.
Can you not shorten it and keep the resonator?

Would like to but the plan is to make it like your trumpets, then when time and money permit, get a shortened radiator and a full manifold (with air con), expensive but practical. The big issue with resonator is the shortening brings it back towards the head interfering with everything underneath, oil pipes etc