Spotted in NSW.....

Saw a few this weekend.

Friday night a red gti 180 in the city turning off margaret street.

On saturday a blue gti 180 heading west bound on the anzec bridge at about 5 pm.

And very clean xantia xm in double bay on saturday night!

Studio 54

See an immaculate Diablo Rad 306 GTi6 nearly every morning coming out of "Studio 54" on Epping Rd in Lane Cove...............

Also - on Sat arvo, saw a twin Blue GTi180 in "The Junction" - Newcastle. (White on Black plates) Followed very closely by Andrew Johns in his black Monaro CV8!!!!

Last edited:
Nearly got run over by an immaculate red 406 sedan in Grenfell this afternoon.

Also spotted a dirty white 60 … oops, that's mine.

Cheers

505604 said:
Nearly got run over by an immaculate red 406 sedan in Grenfell this afternoon.

Also spotted a dirty white 60 … oops, that's mine.

Cheers

so you didn't see a dirty bronze 604 going through grenfell at all :D

Oh, and finally (on the last day...) one shiny gold SM :eek: (which was naturally on the back of a trailer) on the I405 near Los Angeles airport.

Very impressive.

Had an interesting 'spotty' day yesterday!

First there were some spots of water on the road and on the cars, too. I think that it used to be called rain? Anyone west of the blue mountains remember that stuff? :tongue:

In Mandurama, there was a silver grey series 1 505 familiale - also noticed that it is for sale for $3000. (I collected the phone number if anyone is interested in buying it)

In Bathurst:
  • a neat looking metallic green 504 parked outside Bathurst Public School
    a grey 306XT hatch driving along Durham St
    a dark blue Renault Scenic in William St
    a grey series 1 505 sedan parked in Stewart St

More froggies than I've seen in one day for quite some time :)

505604 said:
Had an interesting 'spotty' day yesterday!

First there were some spots of water on the road and on the cars, too. I think that it used to be called rain? Anyone west of the blue mountains remember that stuff? :tongue:

More froggies than I've seen in one day for quite some time :)

The rain must have brought them out. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Ran into a Pug enthusiast in Sydney last Friday ... saw two 504 Cabriolet's, one fully restored and the other in the process. Nice cars. Also a V6 505 ..... Quite a collection.

Peter J.

reigning frog....

UFO said:
And what sort of frogs would they be? :confused:

:rolleyes: Rain Frogs..... speaking of which

In 1873, Scientific American reported that Kansas City, Missouri was blanketed with frogs that dropped from the sky during a storm.
Minneapolis, Minnesota was pelted with frogs and toads in July, 1901. A news item stated: "When the storm was at its highest... there appeared as if descending directly from the sky a huge green mass. Then followed a peculiar patter, unlike that of rain or hail. When the storm abated the people found, three inches deep and covering an area of more than four blocks, a collection of a most striking variety of frogs... so thick in some places [that] travel was impossible."

The citizens of Naphlion, a city in southern Greece, were surprised one morning in May, 1981, when they awoke to find small green frogs falling from the sky. Weighing just a few ounces each, the frogs landed in trees and plopped into the streets. The Greek Meteorological Institute surmised they were picked up by a strong wind. It must have been a very strong wind. The species of frog was native to North Africa!

In 1995, reports Fortean Times Online, Nellie Straw of Sheffield, England, was driving through Scotland on holiday with her family when they encountered a severe storm. Along with the heavy rain, however, hundreds of frogs suddenly pelted her car.

must stay on topic, must stay on topic, must sta......

Cheers
Chris

UFO said:
You idiot! They would be of course!:trouslap:

Yeah, but it was a nice story.... :bounce:

Cheers
Chris

Spotted in Mudgee today a brown 504 wagon.

A white 505 sedan in Hill End.

:cheers:

Old Metallic blue Cit's

I dont know what it is but, I've seen a pile of old cit's around lately. A silver BX in double bay, a fairly nice condition light metallic blue CX pallas outside Jaycar, Artarmon on friday, and today, a light metallic blue BX wagon about 2 3rd's down Bobin Head road........nice road by the way, down to the marina, some very nice corners!!!! Also, a nice dark green XM drove past my driveway today, they are cool cars. They look like they would be great for cruising.

Hey,

In Erina today, saw a nice Black RenaultSport Clio and numerous 206ccs!

Heading south along the F3 i was overtaken by a Agean Blue 206 GTI 180 and a Series 2 505 GTI which was white!

Cyas Stalled

mmm...CORNERS said:
I dont know what it is but, I've seen a pile of old cit's around lately. A silver BX in double bay, a fairly nice condition light metallic blue CX pallas outside Jaycar, Artarmon on friday, and today, a light metallic blue BX wagon about 2 3rd's down Bobin Head road........nice road by the way, down to the marina, some very nice corners!!!! Also, a nice dark green XM drove past my driveway today, they are cool cars. They look like they would be great for cruising.
The BX wagon would belong to FatherGoose (aka Bruce Elsegood)

Yes, XMs are cool cars!:headbang: