RENAULT Juvaquatre Dauphinoise - 1958...Oh no!

I think it would be nicer with chrome door handles and hub caps. I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin :tongue:

I wonder how much this bluey will go for :deal:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2017-shannons-melbourne-spring-classic-auction/M9E8DPM5EFGV4M1/

1939-renault-java-4-sedan.jpg

Gotta love Shannons, just accepting what the vendor tells them. It is obviously a post-WW2 car, rather than their 1939 “Java 4”. If it was an E38 instead of an E49, they’d change it, otherwise the fans would crush them – anything else they seem to ignore.

A nice unsympathetic quickie refurb. Just using what was left in the gun after giving ol’mate’s ratty fibreglass pool a quick blow job with the Electrolux. And they must have also attended the Volvo school of making a car look modern, with the black paint on the window frames.

Just break out the Brillo pads, and rub the silver frost off the bumper badges, then they’ll know its proper name.

... oh please tell me they didn't spray the roof lining black too. :eek:

attachment.php

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:
Looks like the original colour might have been light blue.

I like old Renault's in that original light blue. Be interesting to see what guiding range they come up with ...

Yes, I was referring to the powder blue dash colour which I assumed to be original. I prefer that to bathroom green anyway :D

Yes, I was referring to the powder blue dash colour which I assumed to be original. I prefer that to bathroom green anyway :D

It really would look so much better in a circa FX Holden/A40 Devon bathroom greenesque colour :)

Looks like the guiding range for said Juva/Java is $6 - $9k with no reserve! All will be revealed 25/09

Yep, that's the one, Opel sued Renault (and won) over theft of the unitary design who were forced to pay royalties.

Does anyone have an actual reference to this matter? A couple of my o/s Renault friends don't know about it.

Any information most welcome.

Cheers

I seem to remember reading about in a Renault history book from the RCCQ library but I'm sure it would be on the WWW for which I shall mount a search. Stand by.