RENAULT Juvaquatre Dauphinoise - 1958...Oh no!

Check out this little pearler, all 79 pictures of her.

https://www.erclassics.com/classic-cars-for-sale/sold-classic-cars/renault-juvaquatre-1956-r9387/

01-renault-juvaquattre-1956-r9387-002_1.jpg

Did I see some 1930's checker-plate in the boot?

The initial edge on the floor near the rear door seems to have the checker plate appearance
renault checker plate.jpg

Hi :)
That cannot be a French factory, none of them had a Gitanes hanging from their lips.:) :)
Jaahn

Very nice. Will the straight eight fit under the bonnet?:D

Hi :)
That cannot be a French factory, none of them had a Gitanes hanging from their lips.:) :)
Jaahn

Now this IS a French factory.... Lunch time of course!

Does everyone know of the wonderful Doisneau photograph book?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 239
Love the photo, to say nothing of half empty bottle of red. Great OH+S

It was/is actually quite a problem

In the 80's ( haven't tried recently ) one of the better ways to get a feed in France when travelling was to use the 'café routiers' - truckies' cafes. The standard deal was you paid equivalent of about 5-10 dollars ( 1980 ones ) and got soup, main course, bread and cheeses and a litre bottle of rough red.

It was a sobering ( if you'll pardon the expression ) thought to realise that any camion one saw after about 1400 was probably being driven by somebody who had just downed a litre of plonk

This was reflected in the road toll ( including a good friend of mine )

Was a bloody good lurk though - the French take their food seriously and it was often a very good feed.

Andrew

Now this IS a French factory.... Lunch time of course!

Does everyone know of the wonderful Doisneau photograph book?

Correct! Those 'café routiers' places were just great.

Here's another of M. Doisneau's photos, then I'd better let the thread get back to topic!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 253
Here's a nice colour combo for a Juva.

Jean-Claude and Marasca obviously think so too..

The astute observer will of course notice the new-school wipers fitted for the retro effect, nice touch.

attachment.php

Attachments

• flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 540
Same colour scheme as the ex-George Cook R10S, standard Commonwealth Government white roof over deep red.

Nice car. I imagine the lights are up to the car's performance! Paint looks a bit too glossy for my taste, but that IS getting picky.

And a Simca Vedette behind it......

John I love the book, from what I remember (without looking it up) didn't he claim to leave Renault before 2 ww yet photos were obviously taken after. Note the half bottle of red for each workers lunch. M. Doisneau's photos are a great historical account of the Renault factory prewar.

John I love the book, from what I remember (without looking it up) didn't he claim to leave Renault before 2 ww yet photos were obviously taken after. Note the half bottle of red for each workers lunch. M. Doisneau's photos are a great historical account of the Renault factory prewar.

Yes, a half bottle of plonk but the culinary offerings must have been somewhat limited.
Each were equipped with a fork only, no spoon or knife.

Yes, a half bottle of plonk but the culinary offerings must have been somewhat limited.
Each were equipped with a fork only, no spoon or knife.

Many years ago I worked with a Spanish formworking crew which included 2 Catalans, their lunch usually consisted of a slab of bread, some sausage meat with a round of olives and a can of beer to wash it all down. Cutlery was limited to a sharp knife.

Interestingly the Catalans would not sit with the Spanish during lunch..

These Coupe's are sooo cute but it turns out they are rare as hens teeth going by the build numbers :(

Juvaquatre Coupe Production.jpg

016-renault-juvaquatre.jpg017-renault-juvaquatre.jpg019-renault-juvaquatre.jpg

Yes, very cute and rare..

I'm still desirous of the fourgonnette version if anyone finds one in Oz.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 01-renault-juvaquattre-1956-r9387-002_1.jpg
    01-renault-juvaquattre-1956-r9387-002_1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 631
  • flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 617
  • forgonette.JPG