RENAULT Juvaquatre Dauphinoise - 1958...Oh no!

Well done Simon. I got the JNSN, but had never heard of it, let alone as Jensen. I'm guessing late-1950s from the windscreen detail.

Johnno,
Isn't that a Simca L'Intendante vis a vis with the Renault?
At first glance I thought the truck may have been a Dennis. Foden badges were much bolder.

O/T Dennis trucks were sold in Subiaco [WA] by Lloyds back then along with Panhard. Citroen and Borgward.

Remaining O/T briefly, it does look Simca, doesn't it. :) I've just been in England, and there are still modern trucks with those bold Foden badges on the road. And one very weary Simca Bagheera.

i.jpg

Now all you have to do is find it before it rusts away or someone crushes it.:wink2: Oh perhaps that has already happened.:disappr:

For those interested in reading more about the Juvaquatre

https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Renault%20Juvaquatre&uid=1575

For those interested in reading more about the Juvaquatre

https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Renault%20Juvaquatre&uid=1575

That website is obviously geared to harvest advertising revenue rather than provide accurate information.

One day I'll write my own version for people to rip to bits.......

But just to correct one of their points. The Juva was a direct copy of the Opel Kadett, a monocoque construction car. Renault knew that he was infringing the Budd patents for monocoque construction, but ignored all their approaches, before being taken to court in Germany – where he lost and was forced to pay royalties for the use of Budd technology.

It didn't matter if Louis pinched the design because he ended up in prison anyway for apparently colluding with the German army.

Last edited:
It didn't matter if Louise pinched the design because he ended up in prison anyway for apparently colluding with the German army.

There's quite a history there! What WOULD you do if occupied? There were plenty of others in his boat, thinking of the families Michelin and Peugeot, and I imagine plenty of others. What did Bugatti do for example. Those mentioned here weren't beaten to death in prison. My suspicion is that Louis (keep it masculine :) ) wasn't much loved and maybe had run out of friends. It is written that the workers did plenty to sabotage what was produced - less torque on a nut here, a blockage there. LR, as a Frenchman, wouldn't have much liked his situation. I think I'm right in saying that the Renault family only lost its last law suit about the nationalisation a couple of years ago. It's a sorry story, that's for sure.

Simon, if you have things to write, please do.... :)

Cheers

Hmmm, I wonder if this is the green Bathurst Juva we saw a couple of months ago. It was basically complete and in good condish (except the steering wheel was stuffed). It is reasonable to speculate that some enterprising chap or chaps have done a quick repaint and flip..? :deal: