Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

Nauli, I had a picture I was going to post with an answer but it was inapropriate.

A horse having a dump.......

I am pedaling as fast as I can with out making a horses........

A lot has been happening, but mainly small things. It is the finishing stretch of the projects , and it is all the small details that are being completed. The main work has been the complete rebuild of the doors. They are just superb. All of the mechanisms are completely serviced. Complete new glass channeling, and glass wiper seals installed. Outer door seals attached, that work fantastically Door 4 finished.JPGDoor all 4 on.JPGDoor all on car.JPGDoor from inside.JPGDoor mirror.jpgDoor side assembled.jpg with the blister seal on the body pinchweld. Now doors are double sealed so no whistling on the freeways, and no rattling glass in the windows. (Thanks to test install on Graeme's R8 Gordini, works very well.)

With the door was the fitting of the new mirrors, They are just fantastic size and square lens.

A lot has been happening, but mainly small things. It is the finishing stretch of the projects , and it is all the small details that are being completed. The main work has been the complete rebuild of the doors. They are just superb. All of the mechanisms are completely serviced. Complete new glass channeling, and glass wiper seals installed. Outer door seals attached, that work fantasticallyView attachment 202754View attachment 202755View attachment 202756View attachment 202757View attachment 202758View attachment 202759 with the blister seal on the body pinchweld. Now doors are double sealed so no whistling on the freeways, and no rattling glass in the windows. (Thanks to test install on Graeme's R8 Gordini, works very well.)

With the door was the fitting of the new mirrors, They are just fantastic size and square lens.
I look forward to seeing them, that's for sure. I have "blister seal" on one recalcitrant door (poor fit....) and it sure works. Nice work.

RR8TED I know your R8 will be simple, but wait till you get to the small finishing details. It is very drawn out .....

I stated making a list today, 16 items !!!

We all love seeing hard work translated into things, thanks for sharing this, looking forward to you buzzing up the street in front of your workshop :)

We all love seeing hard work translated into things, thanks for sharing this, looking forward to you buzzing up the street in front of your workshop :)
You should slip over to WA sometime and see us in the flesh! :)

Today was finish off battery cover and get all the battery parts sorted, so it has an isolator and is clamped down properly. Have been sealing both screens as these bodies are not quite to size. Rear screen in particular is about 4 mm too big for the body. Now it is sealed it won't leak into the car again. And started fitting "bling" trim to seal as well.

All the small details.

Ray

DSCN0157.JPGDSCN0158.JPGDSCN0159.JPGDSCN0160.JPGDSCN0161.JPG

I see an Alconi badge on there. Nice touch Ray.
Busta.... I have all the bits to build a proper R10/1300 Alconi, twin choke Weber, exhaust, the lot. Which I have carried for years. So the time is right. I have also stared on my Big 4 speed as well. So it will be a good cruise car as well.

Ray

A lot has been happening, but mainly small things. It is the finishing stretch of the projects , and it is all the small details that are being completed. The main work has been the complete rebuild of the doors. They are just superb. All of the mechanisms are completely serviced. Complete new glass channeling, and glass wiper seals installed. Outer door seals attached, that work fantastically with the blister seal on the body pinchweld. Now doors are double sealed so no whistling on the freeways, and no rattling glass in the windows. (Thanks to test install on Graeme's R8 Gordini, works very well.)

Ray, for a "non-mechanic" guy, what is "blister seal" and what is "pinch weld". I assume pinch weld is where the channeling on the door opening goes??

Thanks, Frans.

Frans,
We start with the Pinchweld, it is the surround that covers the join on the body panel joints. And the "blister" is the foam bubble that is attached to it, as the seal.

Attachments

• Pinchweld-&-Rubber-on-Side--Black_1150-01_D_1.jpg
    Pinchweld-&-Rubber-on-Side--Black_1150-01_D_1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 130
Thanks Ray, looks like I'll have something to do on my car as well.