Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

Grenouille Vert
Is in the process of a respray, after a bit of body refinement.

As well as some added accessories.
I have just finished putting back together and rebuilding a set of wheels for the car,

View attachment 118828
View attachment 118829

Ray

PS 240 screws to tighten !!! (each one twice)
How much Ray, I love these wheels I want I want . Do you know if Mad-In wheels are still available - Meca Parts? From memory was Gotti purchase by GBS Alpine some years back?

Well the week has been hot in Perth, so most of the week has been start at 7:30 and work till 12:00. Go to Westfield Carosel for a long lunch or get lunch and find easy sit down work in front of the "evap" cooler till it cools at 15:00 and then do a good bit more till 17:30-18:00 and go home.

Most of the work , has been finishing off body filler/spot putty and panel flat sanding. Then re-masking, finishing yesterday (Sat). And doing all the prep for painting first thing this morning.

At the workshop at 5:45, spraying at 6:10 and everything with 2 good coats od acrylic primer by 9:30, and the gun cleaned and washed. Turned all off in the workshop and walked down the road for a nice fried breakfast, and a coffee, with good company.

By the time breakfast was over, the weather was stinking hot, so I closed up and came home for a good cool down shower. None the less, as Aussies say "As happy as Larry". Not know ing who Larry was or if he was really happy, I was very happy. Good progress..........

Attachments

• 20210321_081909.jpg
    20210321_081909.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 20210321_081931.jpg
    20210321_081931.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 163
Paint colors.
The 2 closest match colours I could find are, with Bright White roof and side flash.

Attachments

• 800px-2009_VE_Commodore_SV6_Poison_Ivy_-_Flickr_-_Highway_Patrol_Images.jpg
    800px-2009_VE_Commodore_SV6_Poison_Ivy_-_Flickr_-_Highway_Patrol_Images.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 172
  • DitzlerClassics_QuetzalGreenMetallic_47612.png
    DitzlerClassics_QuetzalGreenMetallic_47612.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Well with a bit of work the White roof and side flashes went in today. With the green background the colours look fantastic. Now to let it all harden up and, and it can be sanded nice and smooth and ready for lots of clear.

My eyes are not as good as they used to be, and the spot putty I use in Aus is not quite up to standard. It seems the spot putty is nice and sandable after 5-7 days and shapes well, but as soon as it gets paint over it, it shinks. So the bodyline has some small imperfections. But still I did not want a show car. I wanted a better than the last guy paint job, which was not difficult, and it is a driver and will look very good.

The door shut lines are a bit out at the moment, but they will be sorted after the doors are all assembled properly.

Ray
Green Paint- White Fender sml.jpg
Green Paint White LHF sml.jpg
Green Paint- White LHR sml.jpg

Paint is dried, But while it was drying I got into another project for the rebuild.

LED Lights. I hate the bulbs as they look like Fire Flies Mating In The Shrubbery. And LED bulbs are not much better.

So I went to see Max, the man who sells all sorts and I have been to look before. But this time I went with the lights I wanted to convert. Here we were at his counter with a whole lot of lights stripped deciding on what would fit in. I bought a large box full and went back to the workshop to play, and cut and shut. The results are below. They are nice and bright and fit under the lenses perfectly. Stop and tail, and reverse lights, and park and indicator for the front.
DSCN0120.JPG
DSCN0121.JPG
DSCN0123.JPG
DSCN0124.JPG
DSCN0125.JPG
DSCN0122.JPG

In the process of sanding and polishing clear. I always know Acrylic clear is a bit of a task to get the finish nice, but it is coming. This is just the primary polish, and it will get better, and then a final paint treatment to keep the shine.

Paint 1.JPGPaint 2.JPGPaint 3.JPG

If reflections are any guide, that is going to be a lovely finish.

Bit of overspray on the 16 though. :)

The visit today was worth it. Great bit of paintwork Ray. I'll line mine up in the queue.
John,
My bodywork and finish is not as good as to your R17. All I am after is a decent paint and colour.
Thank you anyway. It was good seeing you and a cup and chatter.

Ray