Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

A lot has been happening, but mainly small things. It is the finishing stretch of the projects , and it is all the small details that are being completed. The main work has been the complete rebuild of the doors. They are just superb. All of the mechanisms are completely serviced. Complete new glass channeling, and glass wiper seals installed. Outer door seals attached, that work fantastically with the blister seal on the body pinchweld. Now doors are double sealed so no whistling on the freeways, and no rattling glass in the windows. (Thanks to test install on Graeme's R8 Gordini, works very well.)

With the door was the fitting of the new mirrors, They are just fantastic size and square lens.

Ray, for a "non-mechanic" guy, what is "blister seal" and what is "pinch weld". I assume pinch weld is where the channeling on the door opening goes??

Thanks, Frans.
I can attest to the effectiveness of that "blister seal pinch weld combination". Here it is easy to find - Clark Rubber supplied mine.

A lot has been happening, but mainly small things. It is the finishing stretch of the projects , and it is all the small details that are being completed. The main work has been the complete rebuild of the doors. They are just superb. All of the mechanisms are completely serviced. Complete new glass channeling, and glass wiper seals installed. Outer door seals attached, that work fantastically with the blister seal on the body pinchweld. Now doors are double sealed so no whistling on the freeways, and no rattling glass in the windows. (Thanks to test install on Graeme's R8 Gordini, works very well.)

With the door was the fitting of the new mirrors, They are just fantastic size and square lens.

Ray, for a "non-mechanic" guy, what is "blister seal" and what is "pinch weld". I assume pinch weld is where the channeling on the door opening goes??

Thanks, Frans.
Pinch weld is plain "U" channel and Blister seal is basically a pinch weld with a round rubber seal attached

A bit of an update,
Most of my list, which did increase, is now completed, with only a few items that are not needed to get back on the road. On of the major bits of work was the removal of the Aussie heater control valve, and install a renovated French valve. I was lucky I caught it as the ali one of the Aussie valve was so corroded that putting a screw driver in to loosent the hose, just went through the body of the valve. It also needed a few bits of hose, as it is original. Got all that in, and go to actuate all the system and the dash control board breaks and now nothing works. So out with lower dash, off with heater actuator and into spares, and eventually had a good rebuilt unit on the bench, with cables lubricated for the next 50 years. Refit all, and test. Even better that what came out the factory.

I have also done all the bits to fit the front and rear carpets. I made some nylon caps to go over the Renault plastic studs that hold the rubber mats in. They work very well, and really hold the carpet in place. Then the seats were reinstalled. A lot of other small stuff , to much to mention. The final real job was to fit the rear window "bling". That was a real task with a new glass rubber. And with the glass and body not matching in size, I eventually had to modify the RH upper corner of the rubber to get the bling to fit. But I am a stubborn bastard, and eventually the bling was all fitted.

So today the R10 was driven out the workshop on its own steam and parked outside, for the first time since first green paint was sprayed. It got a thorough wash

First Time Out 1.JPGFirst Time Out 2.JPGFirst Time Out 3.JPG to clean dust off the surfaces, and put back inside to be dried. I then did a small test surface polish with the finishing compound, and WOW !!!! it is looking very good for polishing time tomorrow.

The Green Frog is back on the road !!!!
I have had it at CC&C and it went over very well, so I was very Happy. It is amazing to be back on the road and enjoying driving it again. such a great conscious feeling and sense. It drives like I am part of it.

There are a few small things and big things to finish it of , for me. The motor and gearbox are in motion.

The wheels have tyres on them, but wound up with a small problem in fitting, so I have to be patient to get into those. Mainly as I have work in the shop at present, rent needs to be paid.

It actually an occasion each day driving it out and then back in the workshop each day, just fantastic.

DSCN0165.JPGDSCN0166.JPGDSCN0168.JPGDSCN0171.JPGDSCN0174.JPGDSCN0175.JPGDSCN0178.JPGDSCN0179.JPGDSCN0184.JPG

"Drives like I am part of it." You ARE part of it. Very nice work and another R10 on the road.

I know that feeling Ray!!! It is a feeling also known as "accomplishment", "achievement", "success", etc.

Enjoy it. Frans.

I know that feeling Ray!!! It is a feeling also known as "accomplishment", "achievement", "success", etc.

Enjoy it. Frans.
Yes you are right, you have been there before.....

Thanks,
Ray

The Green Frog is back on the road !!!!
I have had it at CC&C and it went over very well, so I was very Happy. It is amazing to be back on the road and enjoying driving it again. such a great conscious feeling and sense. It drives like I am part of it.

There are a few small things and big things to finish it of , for me. The motor and gearbox are in motion.

The wheels have tyres on them, but wound up with a small problem in fitting, so I have to be patient to get into those. Mainly as I have work in the shop at present, rent needs to be paid.

It actually an occasion each day driving it out and then back in the workshop each day, just fantastic.

View attachment 207452View attachment 207453View attachment 207454View attachment 207455View attachment 207456View attachment 207457View attachment 207458View attachment 207459View attachment 207460
Wheel fitting problem??

Nice one Ray. Painting is the easiest part. The prep takes so much longer. You'll be driving it to CC&C very soon!
Shoji said March the 7th 2021

July the 3rd 2022, was the actual day at CC&C Mr. Shoji !!!

Actually, thank you for the support !!

Ray

There have been people that have helped by supplying little bits for the car, without knowing it. I want to thank all of those that have supplied parts, small stuff, you know what you sent. Well it has given me the ability to do the details I like.

Thank you for your help.
Ray

Well Grenqouille Vert was christened yesterday. I took it for a long test run in the rain. Make sure all work and that it was water proof, and wasn't made of Sugar (JohnW). Survived all. The 2 speed wipers work well the demister does its job very quickly, spray from other cars is washed off well. And absolutely no leaks at all, particular the screens. And as it was a winters day, was very snug inside while driving.

And thanks to Mrs "Julian" for a very nice lunch and the Stewart's collectively for very good conversation.

Back to the workshop, washed it down and put away. A great day

Ray

Just had a great surprise the "Green Beast" has had a feature on FB Classic and Modern Show Cars AU.

The man is a fantastic photographer of his cars, and I am honoured for my car to be shown by him. Thank you. Pictures taken at CC&C July 5th.

alconi badge.jpgAt CC&C.jpgDash.jpgFront Panel.jpg