Post for Admin regarding website errors - ALL STYLE & ERROR POSTS MERGED

Very happy with the changes . For your interest I usually use safari on my Mac. Sometimes photos are not displayed and I have to go to Firefox to view them . Hope this is of interest.

I don’t suppose there’s the possibility of having sub categories in each manufacturer? This would make it easier to trawl through to read or find stuff. Obviously too hard to be retrospective, but for future posts?

It might make it hard, as so many models share engines and transmissions, and in the smaller cars, suspensions. The AM6 box, for example, can be found in several Cit models as well as Peugeots.

The colour palette matters not a jot, it is the content that matters, and the ease with which one can access/post/edit.
There are improvements in the areas that matter and full kudos to those that have brought this about.

This is not a flame or a backlash, just an observation and some reasoning.

This site was voluntarily set up (and paid for). People voluntarily register and then voluntarily access or log on.

If anyone is not happy with it, no matter what the colour or style (or funtionality) is, then there would be only 2 options.

Either that person becomes admin, and pays for the site, then in theory can do what they want. It appears to me that any change has been a considered one and strived for improvement, probably at a cost to the admin of time, and money.

Or, that person not longer accesses the site if they are not happy with it.

Logically there's a third option, and that is to complain, which I guess is a democratic right. You would have just as much right to do that as I would do to write this.

Will Tapatalk be made available again post upgrade?

I can't read it with my poor eyesight. Unfortunately no more AF for me.

I was told by admin that the change is temporary.

I can't read it with my poor eyesight. Unfortunately no more AF for me.

I was told by admin that the change is temporary.

Have you tried the alternate "style" or investigated using windows "ease of use" options found in Control Panel ?
Your could try narrator or magnifier with high contrast set.

The "change" isn't likely to temporary since new forum software (Xenforo)has been purchased and installed.

Last edited:
Many (most) browsers have an option to turn the whole page into black and white text, sized as you wish, in a simple layout that includes pictures. It is usually controlled with a special CSS file in the browser files., and operated by a button or menu with a name like "Reader View "

This view is sometimes the best way to print an article as well where the text is more important than graphic clutter. It is particularly useful for those with vision problems.

Opera had this feature from the beginning, and it has been adopted by most other browsers. It may need an add-on button. Current FF uses an icon in the address bar.

I still can't see the Pond. Using an IMac & up to date Firefox. Doesn't really matter as I rarely visit.

Not sure if it helps, but thought I’d register my positive experience with Tapatalk across many forums. If possible to make it available for AF again, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

G'day,
ditto, no pond here either. Humour is there....
Logged out, cookies refreshed, but no result, link on previous page indicates...
"
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "

cheers,
Bob

No problems here at the moment, bob, Using Vivaldi on Mint.

This is not a flame or a backlash, just an observation and some reasoning.
This site was voluntarily set up (and paid for). People voluntarily register and then voluntarily access or log on.
If anyone is not happy with it, no matter what the colour or style (or funtionality) is, then there would be only 2 options.
Either that person becomes admin, and pays for the :) site, then in theory can do what they want. It appears to me that any change has been a considered one and strived for improvement, probably at a cost to the admin of time, and money.
Or, that person not longer accesses the site if they are not happy with it.
Logically there's a third option, and that is to complain, which I guess is a democratic right. You would have just as much right to do that as I would do to write this.
Hi Dijon16 :)
I think that is probably a restricted technical way of looking at the comments. I do not complain, but just put in a reply to a thread, or even a new thread, listing my comments or suggestions or problems in the hope that the Grand Poo Bar can use the feedback to improve the site for all. He wants that as much as we want that. So no suggestion of complaining at all. Possibly some peoples use of language may be a bit misleading on this(or not!)

Not being much of a computer person I admire the work to do a change like this and appreciate that others do give feedback on their aspects even if it will never affect myself.:cool: Also the tech savvy readers are helping too, so thanks for that too !! ;)
Jaahn

I don't mind changes in colour etc. I do appreciate what seems to be to be a significant improvement in functionality, even if my favourite Aussiefrogs emoji with the big wide eyes of horror has disappeared 😥 .

Thanks to all involved in the upgrade. Refinements can follow. I would agree that some areas of reduced contrast in lettering could cause difficulties for some folk with too much pale green and mid-green. Being able easily to post photos of reasonable size is an immediate and large improvement.

Will Tapatalk be made available again post upgrade?
I feel Tapatalk is a security risk, not just for the users of it, but everyone in the database.
Without it & the apps it is a saving of $250 per year for AF. Tapatalk promise cents per clicks but we need an amazing amount of clicks before we can "cash out", then it resets. Never been paid a cent!
Here's an article translated: https://translate.google.com/transl...liest-Daten-von-Forennutzern-aus-2716662.html

If someone can create a theme, inline with our previous colour schemes (our trademark since 1999), we will give it a go.
I don't want to pay for it though! I'd rather put the money towards that electric skateboard I've been chasing the last few years :dance:

Reactions: WLB