Post for Admin regarding website errors - ALL STYLE & ERROR POSTS MERGED

That's a function for a particular browser. It doesn't work on mine.

Kim, most of the features of the old Opera now appear on Vivaldi, including a slide bar to control font size.

Ctrl + 0 will work in Firefox, Google Chrome and the new chrome based Edge browser (that I use for work every day and LOVE)

AF APP alternative installed just now.

Android users may (should) receive a prompt to add aussiefrogs to their home screens when viewing with Chrome on a device.

IOS users will (may) need to press the box with the arrow up icon (the share one) while on this site with Safari or Chrome & choose "Add to Home Screen".
You will be able to edit some details if you wish & then "add".

AF will look like an app on your device & will update when the browser updates.

Tapatalk is really not popular with other Webmaster members of Xenforo forum. They are not happy with the trust of the company & to make any money from the ads they put through you need an incredible amount of posting & views. We have not earned enough clicks for a single cent from them & if I don't update the version, they are sending emails wanting it done ASAP. The addon also gives access to the database so I'm not keen on this, especially now we have good security.

I must also thank our sponsor "Dapco AutoFrance" in Sydney. It was their recent payment that enabled the software to be at least partly bought.

Yep. There are others it doesn't work on though.

A related trick: many browsers will zoom in with ctl + (plus, on the numeric pad) and come out again with ctl - (minus)

Yep. There are others it doesn't work on though.

A related trick: many browsers will zoom in with ctl + (plus, on the numeric pad) and come out again with ctl - (minus)
Correct - offered as an easy solution in Post #2, and it works even if you use the + & - keys found between 0 & 'Backspace' on the top row. However it appears Barry may be a Mac user. Does a Mac keyboard have a Ctrl (or ctl) key?

Chris
What is hard to understand is that everything was o.k. Thursday morning when I posted a reply, but then suddenly this afternoon the forum is not accessible, when you were saying it was supposed to be fixed yesterday. Wednesday.

Ken

Chris
What is hard to understand is that everything was o.k. Thursday morning when I posted a reply, but then suddenly this afternoon the forum is not accessible, when you were saying it was supposed to be fixed yesterday. Wednesday.

Ken

Ken we're both confused, bottom line is there are problems with some members access (you are not alone) to the pond and humour that will be resolved, in the meantime patience ;)

Hi Ken, I don't understand why you can't see the forums?
Grease Monkey crash test dummy has been through every possible permission setting that members are set to & they are working as they should.
What happens when you click this ?

I cant see the Pond. I know that 59 Floride could not see the Pond ( at least that was the case earlier tonight)

Earlier today I could not see the Humour section, but it is visible now

Some links randomly dont work. For example, few minutes ago, from the New Post Page, I clicked on the link to "203-fourgonnette-1958-restoration" thread and got "403 Forbidden you dont have access to this resource" message, but if I hit the link on the far right which has the time of the most recent post,l I was able to access the thread. I have had this happen randomly on small number of threads, always from New Post page. (Thats my primary method of access)

Thank you Gents for your work.

Hi Ken, I don't understand why you can't see the forums?
Grease Monkey crash test dummy has been through every possible permission setting that members are set to & they are working as they should.
What happens when you click this ?
When I clicked the link Gibgib that certainly took me through to the toadpond posts, I posted one Test reply there, and then stepped out to see if that forum was visible. I do see the Humour Forum, so that seems o.k. Then all I got was time outs (Till Now)

I'll click the link again and see if it takes me through to the pond. Yes it did, thanks , I will wait and hopefully the TP Forum will eventually come up .

Thanks
Ken

Last edited:
I know you're still working on this but I can't see the Toad Pond either.
The Humour folder is there but not the Toad Pond.
We'll wait it out of course and thanks for all your work.

Just for info - I will just wait till things are fixed - I am same as others, can see Humour but no Toad Pond.

A word from someone who has found the software upgrade to be totally seamless.

Even the the browser settings to log in automatically work perfectly.

The only change was edit my AF bookmarks..

I can connect with both Chrome and Opera without issue.

It has ended up far less hassle than expected.

Of course, the software is different, but IMO pretty intuitive and the learning curve is in progress.

There is plenty of assistance online.

I'll give Gerry 10 out of 10 for pulling off such a major change, keeping AF online with a minimum of issues.

Well done :thanks:

Last edited:
^Nice post Rob,
There will be ongoing issues for a while as things are tweaked behind the scenes.
gibgib has done a remarkable job for us to have had virtually no down time - the new host is providing very acceptable speed and appears to be much more reliable.

For those used to apps, I've just tried Safari on my ithing and quite frankly I can see no reason for dedicated apps - this software works very well on your phone's browser.

Cheers
Chris

I have access again to the Toad Pond! As a past sufferer of software changes in my working life, this has gone extremely well. Gratitude and appeciation to gibgib and all concerned.

For me access to the forums is back to normal, had a trial post this morning. Sorry it was probably over 50 words, but then I post less than some and take great care in the replies and content. Always happy to correct..o_O, Sincere thanks I appreciate all the work and effort. Always willing to contribute to defray costs as I am sure others are also willing..

Ken