Post for Admin regarding website errors - ALL STYLE & ERROR POSTS MERGED

This is an odd one - the date/timestamp on posts is displaying incorrectly - 21 hours early! This only seems to happen in Firefox, so still might be in my settings, BUT the French Car Forum and Club XM websites display time normally.

Looks like the 21 hours time difference equates to Co-ordinated Universal Time.

Cheers
Alec

This is an odd one - the date/timestamp on posts is displaying incorrectly - 21 hours early! This only seems to happen in Firefox, so still might be in my settings, BUT the French Car Forum and Club XM websites display time normally.

Looks like the 21 hours time difference equates to Co-ordinated Universal Time.

Cheers
Alec

Go to your 'Profile'/Preferences and adjust to your time zone - mine had defaulted to Guam ;)

Cheers
Chris

Apparently you posted that reply at 3:01pm yesterday :)

If you mean Window Time and date settings, that is the first thing I checked. Definitely set to Canberra/Melbourne/Sydney. If you mean within Firefox, I haven't found that setting yet :).

Let me emphasise - this only happens with AF in Firefox - AF in a different browser is fine, and another forum in Firefox is fine.

Cheers

Alec

You have to set the time (UTC+10.0, Sydney, in the case of NSW and Vic) in the preferences section of this forum. Under your login name in the forum menu bar.

The server looks to be in Sydney.

Last edited:
Bingo - thanks very much - was set to American Samoa! Chris tried to tell me... Obviously an area I was not familiar with - took me a while to even find the way in!

I think that Chrome and Edge did not show the same problem because I did not bother logging in - just browsed as a guest...

Bingo - thanks very much - was set to American Samoa! Chris tried to tell me... Obviously an area I was not familiar with - took me a while to even find the way in!

I think that Chrome and Edge did not show the same problem because I did not bother logging in - just browsed as a guest...

No I mean in the forum software. . .

Go to your profile top right where your username appears, click, go to 'preferences' set your time zone :mallet:

Cheers
Chris

No I mean in the forum software. . .

Go to your profile top right where your username appears, click, go to 'preferences' set your time zone :mallet:

Cheers
Chris

Ahh, OK you have it :)

Cheers
Chris

I think they are doing something on the server ATM.
We were offline for 5 mins.

serverstatus.jpg

Bookmark this link if you want to know if the AF server is of or not:

We are on .beta (s)

I'm another who find the changes this week make it very easy to read, mainly the black/white contrast. Good stuff.
Just for update - I can still only see Humour but not Toad Pond - same as a few others.
Cheers.

Back in the Toad Pond tonight! Thanks, all seems ok now.
Cheers.

The server took a holiday this morning.

Last edited:
It is currently 12:42 PM as I type this, however it will appear I posted it at 2.42 PM or 14:42 hrs........

I hope not. It is maliciously flooding the server with pointless connections until it can't handle the traffic. HTTP requests over and over cost little for the sender, but can really work the server as it recovers files and transmits. Now add in many malicious machines all at once.

It is possible the bad guy has a beef with another site on that address.

Last edited:
Re who is annoying somebody, there are hundreds of target sites on the AF address.
Other websites I have found include such powerhouses as powercompacific.com.au (an ISP), telstra3gppevent.com.au and theartoflandscapepainting.net.au

Our traffic would exceed the ones I have located so far.

Last edited:
Hi :)
Just a compliment to GibGib and the team for the work done on the new forum. I used it this morning and it worked real well, fast and looks good, easy to see too. The pictures posted are now a delight to look at and they just come up easily and look excellent. I have not posted any myself yet.
I am still not convinced on the light green almost blue background colour but am not finding it 'bad' just wishy washy IMHO. But thats OK if it is the only 'complaint' :2cents: Great forum now better !!!
Jaahn

Hi :)
Testing image insertion ?? Jaahn
20171022_105001.jpg

Well that was ok after I used my photo program to resize to the smallest size, 0.25 MB.
A quick tractor for a spot of ploughing before the rain gets here ! :rolleyes:

Last edited: