Post for Admin regarding website errors - ALL STYLE & ERROR POSTS MERGED

I could make a lot of comments on that tractor but this is not the place for that. Maybe if you posted it in the tractors thread ...

On topic, I reckon the style has improved a lot over recent days. There are a few things the new software does not seem to do as well as the old, such as listing members.

Roger

Hi gibgib :)
Has the green infill around the posts been strengthened a bit or do my eyes deceive me. Not for the first time. Anyway looks better to me !;)

Jaahn

Using my OS colour selector/mapper, I get #70DB93 for the green post borders.

No access to the pond - permission denied. I'm curious :)

About what's in the pond? Nothing but sludge and drivel...

The time of posts (after the minutes) seems to be 3 Hours + our eastern time zone. Not that it matters, just wondering what little island time we are dealing with?

The time of posts (after the minutes) seems to be 3 Hours + our eastern time zone. Not that it matters, just wondering what little island time we are dealing with?
Check the date - it's actually -21 hrs. The selected Time zone in your forum preferences will be American Samoa!

Thanks speaksgeek! You are right Armadillo! Hmm, wonder how that happened since i didn't fiddle with the settings :unsure:

It was (de)fault of the new forum software - even for Greenblood! Discussed at top of previous page...

It makes sense to a programmer. Samoa is just east of the international date line, so the last place to experience any given time, UTC-11, or the lowest numbered time in the system.

It is simply counting from the bottom. Most of us count ascending.

It could have been outwardly stranger - Linux/Unix/Posix time counts from the New Year's revelry start, 1970, - in seconds! (2038 is when a 32 bit integer storing time turns over, for the disaster theorists)

Our server software has to turn Posix seconds into something more human friendly.

Last edited:
I'm getting those "Forbidden, You do not have permission" messages again.
I though they went out with the old software.
It's 5.28 AM, I don't think there are huge numbers of people, either members or guests, visiting the site.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but is there any way of finding sent and received mail items separately as per the old system?

I'm getting those "Forbidden, You do not have permission" messages again.
I though they went out with the old software.
It's 5.28 AM, I don't think there are huge numbers of people, either members or guests, visiting the site.

I do get this from time to time, but I just back up & try again, and it usually works on a 2nd try. Of course at that time of the morning there could be server maintenance happening...

Last edited:
The server cops DDOS attacks which take up all the resources for a few minutes. The host is aware of this.
We are winning against spammers now we have moved software & allowing regos again. The attacks may be retaliation.

Robmac,

Thanks for your feedback. That I found that, but you cannot select sent/received emails separately. It just saves time trawling through every email. From memory, previously you could also find individual members....

Trust you are keeping well.

Cheers

Dano

Robmac,

Thanks for your feedback. That I found that, but you cannot select sent/received emails separately. It just saves time trawling through every email. From memory, previously you could also find individual members....

Trust you are keeping well.

Cheers

Dano

Click the envelope

click show all

Top menu bar SEARCH
By title only or by member .. advanced search gives more options