OUT AND ABOUT

The mustang would be a nice cruiser? Those youtube creators have certainly raised the interests in old american cars around the world. Is the mustang and old straight six, or bent 8 of some variety? Its just amazing what they can do with them over there. they are so simple to repower and put a "stick shift" :rolleyes: into.

It's a red 1966 coupe with a 302 Windsor V8.
The PO won the Willowbank Street Series with it for a couple of years in the mid 90s.
Apparently it runs mid 13s in the 1/4 mile.
I changed the 9" diff from 4.3 to 1 to a more user friendly 3.5 to 1 ratio. The car still presents as stock, it's not a butchered up ex drag car.
It is RHD which is a bonus.

HAMILTON RALLY King’s Birthday long weekend.

Because of covid, this yearly event hasn’t happened for probably 3 years.
Friday morning we left in our 1968 Citroen ID 19B going through Ballarat and heading west to Hamilton. Because of the rains the country was looking great with many newborn lambs in the paddocks. My sister lives in red gum country on a small sheep farm out of Hamilton on the Digby road. It is always a special treat to stay there.
After stopping at the odd second hand place and opportunity (op) shop we reached Dunkeld near the Grampians to have some lunch.
Throughout the trip there were old cars travelling behind and in front of us heading to the same destination.

On reaching Hamilton we went to the 3 op shops that we know and picked up the odd bargain. A 1970’s National Panasonic transistor for $15 will go well in a future car display in our ’74 D Special.

Saturday morning the cars gathered at the showgrounds ready for our excursion to the yearly Casterton Kelpie Muster. Michael travelled from Castlemaine in his 1949 P3 Rover as he wanted to make the effort to support the Rover Club who were coming with a number of cars. This Casterton event is always well patronised and took up most of the day.

That evening Janet and I went to a cosy Hamilton restaurant with my sister and friend, Ed. I pointed out that he forgot to lock the Subaru to which he answered - - - “she’ll be right mate”. On returning after a scrumptious meal I half expected to see the car - - gone, but no - - Hamilton must be okay.

Sunday morning we again assembled at the showgrounds and travelled about 200 km visiting the odd farm with historic woolshed to end up in the small historic town of Harrow. This area is special to Michael and I as we stayed for our Easter holiday at a school friend’s farm “Babba-Mia”, milking cows and just “being on the farm” when we were 11 years old in 1962. Harrow is a small town nestled between the hills of the Western District. While we were in the local hall getting lunch we were greeted by Melanie who lives there owning a D Special and is often on this Froggy site.

Sunday evening Janet and I had a dinner with pea and ham soup with even more relatives. The nights were cold so it was cosy with the fire going and the dogs locked up in a side shed.

Monday morning was the Hamilton club’s farewell breakfast and after that we visited friends of my sister’s who own a beautiful historic homestead.

On the way home we again stopped at the odd second hand shop from which one of these we bought about ninety 78 rpm records at $1 each. As these are quite weighty we ended up with quite a heavy load on the way home - - with our existing luggage, odds and ends and even 2 terracotta pots with plants which were on the side of the road for free.

The Hamilton Club did a great job making the long weekend a very special one.

We were lucky that a couple in a D Special were amongst the many cars. On arrival at the big woolshed they noticed a flat rear tyre so I suggested that we change it then and there and show the crowd what Citroens are all about. It was great fun.

John, Janet and Michael.

Attachments

• HAM-RALLY-6-23a.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-6-23a.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 135
  • HAM-RALLY-6-23-b.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-6-23-b.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 135
  • HAM-RALLY-6-23-e.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-6-23-e.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 138
  • HAM-RALLY-6-23-h.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-6-23-h.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 138
  • HAM-RALLY-6-23-n.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-6-23-n.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 132
  • FIX TIE-ROD HAM-RALLY 6-23.jpg
    FIX TIE-ROD HAM-RALLY 6-23.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 133
  • HAM-RALLY-clubroom-6-23.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-clubroom-6-23.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 128
  • DS at May's 6-23.jpg
    DS at May's 6-23.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 130
  • HAM-RALLY-GRAMPIANS-6-23.jpg
    HAM-RALLY-GRAMPIANS-6-23.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 132
  • CASTERTON KELPIE MUSTER-6-23-b.jpg
    CASTERTON KELPIE MUSTER-6-23-b.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Cruisin in the LT 15

Listening to Macca this morning he mentioned that - - “if you forget the past you have alzeimers”. He made me think that yes - - we do live in the past somewhat - - and hence, love old cars.

After swapping our dear 1923 Citroen B2 for brother Michael’s 1955 Light 15 we were off to Trentham for a run. I’ve been slogging for a week or so doing lots of little jobs that Michel never got round to. After buying the car a few years ago he did a fair bit to mechanicals. Nothing big mind you but fixing things like a screeching clutch thrust bearing and maybe fiddling with brakes, throttle and gear linkages etc. I replaced the front bumper with a better one and put some over riders on the rear bumper that haven’t been on for years. Took the awful looking blinkers off the rear guards and put them under - - - not great but okay for now. Front blinkers were replaced with some old ones I cobbled up and put the large chevrons back on the front grille - - - - being a bit naughty and putting them on the outside like the French cars. Also fitted French hubcaps for a bit of class. The rear French lights were put on years ago.

Of course it is way different than the Big six but an absolute delight to drive - - - very calming and laid back. It cruises happily around 45mph up hill and dale.
The upholstery has been done really well in burgundy with red carpet so the car has a very original feel to it rather than being glitzy and done up. There doesn’t seem to be any rust - - especially in the bottom of the boot where one might expect it.
Michael didn’t drive the car a lot as he’s been busy with his P3, P4’s and P6 Rovers, an early 20’s Hupmobile and of course his mighty 1927 Crossley, not to forget his Slough 1962 DS Safari - - - & even an early 50's Morris Oxford woodie.
He wanted the little B2 to drive into Castlemaine which he has been doing. The car always draws a crowd.
I just rang him and he drove the B2 into Maldon today, Sunday 6th August as there is a gathering of Hearses and a bit of a Gothic festival going on. He parked the car close to the Museum as Adam, a friend of ours, said it was okay. The museum has all sorts of machinery, cars and even the motorbike from the movie with Eric Banner called “My brother Romulus” or so. I think the bike is a Vincent.

I just got the Big 6 out as it has been hemmed in by the Lt 15 and left it parked in the main street in Daylesford for an hour or so - - just to show people what “real cars look like”.

So I’ll keep fiddling with the Light 15. It needs better radiator hoses and I need to find an old temperature gauge.

John, Janet & Michael - - - out there.

Attachments

• LT 15 AUG 23 a.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 a.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 119
  • LT 15 AUG 23 b.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 b.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 122
  • LT 15 AUG 23 c.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 c.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 118
  • LT 15 AUG 23 d.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 d.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 120
  • LT 15 AUG 23 g.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 g.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 117
  • LT 15 AUG 23 f.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 f.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 119
  • LT 15 AUG 23 h.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 h.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 119
  • LT 15 AUG 23 m.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 m.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 122
  • LT 15 AUG 23 p.jpg
    LT 15 AUG 23 p.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I managed to make up a fitting for the temperature guage at the bottom hose so the gauge is working fine.

A few pics of Michael's 1923 B2 Citroen in Maldon - - -
"all you can do is laugh !!! "

John - - & Michael

Attachments

• B2 Maldon Aug 23 a.jpg
    B2 Maldon Aug 23 a.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 133
  • B2 Maldon Aug 23 b.jpg
    B2 Maldon Aug 23 b.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 124
  • B2 Maldon Aug 23 c.jpg
    B2 Maldon Aug 23 c.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 122
  • B2 Maldon Aug 23 d.jpg
    B2 Maldon Aug 23 d.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 124
  • lt15.jpg
    lt15.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 125
  • lt 15 b.jpg
    lt 15 b.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 127
Off again to Marong car show - - west of Bendigo, this Sunday 27th Aug. 2023
For a bit of extra entertainment we brought our 1929 Chrysler 65 Tourer and Michael came in his 1923 Hupmobile - - - plus the dogs.
My other brother Hans brought his 60's Jaguar Mk 10, G4 - - - a very big car !
There seems to be a different lot of people that go here compared to say, Picnic at Hanging Rock., - - at the Rock there are more young people and also - - more “muscle cars” and American. At Marong they are a country crowd giving it a great country feel and a good variety of cars.
The 1949 Slough Lt 15 came along which was nice as my enthusiasm for the Light 15 has been awakened since swapping our ’23 B2 with Michael’s ’55 model.

John, Janet & Michael & Hans.

Attachments

• MARONG 2023 a.jpg
    MARONG 2023 a.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 105
  • MARONG 2023 b.jpg
    MARONG 2023 b.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 98
  • MARONG 2023 c.jpg
    MARONG 2023 c.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 100
  • MARONG 2023 d.jpg
    MARONG 2023 d.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 103
  • MARONG 2023 e.jpg
    MARONG 2023 e.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 103
  • MARONG 2023 h.jpg
    MARONG 2023 h.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 103
  • MARONG 2023 p.jpg
    MARONG 2023 p.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 97
  • MARONG 2023 t.jpg
    MARONG 2023 t.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 98
  • MARONG 2023 n.jpg
    MARONG 2023 n.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 102
  • MARONG 2023 x.jpg
    MARONG 2023 x.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Sunday 3rd Sept. 2023

We took the 1974 D Special to Lambley Nursery a few miles west of Creswick this last Friday. There was a tour through the nursery plus the private garden area.
The place is for sale after being of great service to the gardening community far and wide with their propagating of rare plant species. We will miss this “gem in the country” that started its life as a potato farm and a derelict old farmhouse - - - an inspiration for all who come after. To be cruising through country Victoria on an early spring day in a DS is a privilege we never take for granted.

Today, Sunday we headed for the Red Beard Bakery in Trentham in the Big 6 for a cuppa and a breakfast pie.
The Big 6 cruises well and has a lot of get up & go when planting one’s foot. It is a contrast to the 4 cylinder Light 15 which will also move when you want it to but isn’t as smooth and powerful as the Big 6. I can imagine Peter Dammon racing his big 6 in the early 50’s. He would have put his foot down and the car would accelerate round the corners and stick like glue - - what joy indeed.
Not to forget Wright and O’Shea driving a Big 6 in the mid 50’s Red-Ex trial when in Eucla their car caught fire with the tank exploding and losing their gear plus 100 pounds in notes on the back seat. - - - not much today but a lot back then. The remains are buried under drifts of sand next to the old telegraph station. Get into a Big 6 and back one goes to speed and adventure.

Although people like to install an ID 19 engine & four speed box into the Light 15’s I find the 3rd gear quite tall.enough. I cruise at about 45-50 mph ( 72-80 km/h ) but it will sit on 55 ( 88 km/h ) quite happily if one wants to push it a bit.

The Big 6 with it’s 6 cylinder engine purrs along happily at 55 mph but will go a lot faster when the foot is planted.

I tend to drive quite conservatively so as not to bring the revs too high and that way our cars - - - seem to last forever.

All good fun, John.

Attachments

• Big 6 spring 23 b.jpg
    Big 6 spring 23 b.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Big 6 spring 23 c.jpg
    Big 6 spring 23 c.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Big 6 spring 23 d.jpg
    Big 6 spring 23 d.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Lambley spring 23 b.jpg
    Lambley spring 23 b.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 101
  • Lambley spring 23 a.jpg
    Lambley spring 23 a.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 101
  • Lambley spring 23 c.jpg
    Lambley spring 23 c.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Lambley spring 23 e.jpg
    Lambley spring 23 e.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Lambley spring 23 g.jpg
    Lambley spring 23 g.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Lambley spring 23 h.jpg
    Lambley spring 23 h.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 102
Drivers from the Ballan area were doing a bush trek on their tractors this last Sunday 24th September so Janet, Michael and I decided to meet them at Trentham where they were stopping for lunch. Tom visited the day before driving the Bulldog.

Also, today at Creswick we found a lovely blue MGA to park next to while we went in for a cuppa. It’s funny being back in the Big 6 after driving the light 15. The 6 cylinder engine is so smooth and powerful - - - a real machine !!!

John

Attachments

• Daylesford 24sept 2023.jpg
    Daylesford 24sept 2023.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 100
  • TOM SEPT 23.jpg
    TOM SEPT 23.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 102
  • TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23a.jpg
    TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23a.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 102
  • TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23-b.jpg
    TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23-b.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 94
  • TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23e.jpg
    TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23e.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 108
  • TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23c.jpg
    TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23c.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 98
  • TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23d.jpg
    TRENTHAM TRACTORS SEPT-23d.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 102
  • TRENTHAM 27 SEPT 2023.jpg
    TRENTHAM 27 SEPT 2023.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 105
Spotted a trio of Citroens this morning turning into Youngs Crossing rd from Dayboro rd Petrie heading towards Samford - north of Brisbane.
There was a wonderful lemon duco DS, Avante and another that I can't remember, probably all leaving Old Petrie Town festivities'.
Sorry no pics, I was in my '36 Airstream not my DS.

This would have been nice to see and also nice to ride in an Airstream.

---------

We took the ’68 Safari for a drive to Trentham the other Sunday. It was finally liberated from the end of the shed as it was hemmed in by the ’28 Packard Conv. Coupe which we took to a friend in Ballarat for an engine swap.

I had done the steering rack courtesy - - who is it now - - in Perth and also the starter motor courtesy Citroen Classics in England.

And so it is exciting to get back in. Bit rainy but away we went. On coming home it was a bit hard to start. I mentioned this to our local mechanic and he thought maybe the condenser is causing a weak spark. It has an electronic distributor that DS Motors did umpteen years ago but the coil - - - . I figured the coil is the one which was in when we bought the car round about 2010.

I put a new coil in and changed the plugs to a bit hotter – NGK-5HS - -
from the NGK-6HS which were there. The plugs looked pretty good but a touch sooty so I thought I’d give the 5HS a go. As the weather has been rainy I thought I’d be nice to it and spare the wet.

The car cruises along beautifully as it has always done with the ID21F engine with the slightly higher 4th gear.
Its so nice to get back in. It has been a workhorse at times but is a testament to the tough build of these cars that 55 years on she is still going fine.

Luckily I had some quick start with me at Trentham so I could ascertain whether she was starving of fuel. She didn’t start.
I had a wire with clips to hot wire it to the coil but again it wouldn’t start. So - - fuel okay - - ignition okay - - wind her over a bit more and yes she started and this led to thinking the coil might be on the way out.

I took it for a short drive since with everything good but look forward to a proper drive and hope she starts normally when hot.

A month or 2 ago we went to the swap in Shepparton and called in to the “Move” car museum. The Big 6 with the spheres on the back was there so it was nice to see it amongst a good lot of beauties.

John

Attachments

• SAFARI OCT-23 d.jpg
    SAFARI OCT-23 d.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 82
  • SAFARI OCT-23 a.jpg
    SAFARI OCT-23 a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 86
  • SAFARI OCT-23 b.jpg
    SAFARI OCT-23 b.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 84
  • SAFARI OCT-23 c.jpg
    SAFARI OCT-23 c.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 80
  • SHEPP-SWAP-23-b.jpg
    SHEPP-SWAP-23-b.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 84
  • SHEPP-SWAP-23-a.jpg
    SHEPP-SWAP-23-a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 82
  • GOING TO DALE 25-10-23-e.jpg
    GOING TO DALE 25-10-23-e.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Traction 6H-a.jpg
    Traction 6H-a.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Traction 6H-b.jpg
    Traction 6H-b.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 80
A month or 2 ago we went to the swap in Shepparton and called in to the “Move” car museum. The Big 6 with the spheres on the back was there so it was nice to see it amongst a good lot of beauties.

John
I remember going to the Shepparton swap as a kid, it was at the drive-in back then IIRC, my father bought a 305cc Honda Super Dream there for the grand sum of $100.
Is that the old Ardmona Cannery just outside of Mooroopna? I used to live there when I was a young tacker.

Yes it is a great old building which reeks nostalgia. Although I don’t know Shepparton at all it seemed to be very close to the middle of the town not far from the showground where the swap was while I think Mooroopna is down the highway a little.

We took the Safari out today 30th October and it started fine every of the 4 to 5 times we were out and about so the car is good in all respects. It’s amazing how well it gets along after the jobs that needed doing and is such a joy to drive.

Yes, there are a number of DS’s for sale. Years ago one wouldn’t have thought that the prices would go so high so it must say a lot about the quality of these cars. They probably sit safely in their garages while their owners are out on cruise control in their luxury machines. How times have changed.

TALBOT SWAP 29th Oct-2023

A beautiful spring morning and off to the swap at Talbot near Maryborough, Victoria. Like antique markets, these events are a way of life for people interested in car related paraphernalia and - - things of old. Our focus has been on old electrical products to complement the products made now by my son from bakelite which we started sometime ago - - Bakelite Industries. So the hunt is always on.
Also a friend turned up who is helping us do the engine job on our early Packard. He came in his latest acquisition, a 1948 Buick sloper. I’ve always liked late 40’s and early ‘50’s GM design and this model is very much up there. He also owns a 1947 Packard which he drove to Shepparton and was parked at the Move Museum. This car is close to my heart.
It was design that made me interested in the DS Citroen. My Dutch mother would point them out and say Citroen' - - with a sigh, probably bringing her home for that short moment when we lived in Geelong in the late 50’s and early 60’s and later in Brisbane. Becoming interested in vintage cars and motorbikes I eventually bought a few Chrysler Airflows as they fitted the bill in “my art deco phase” which I was enthralled with as I started dealing in antiques and old things.

I was rather intimidated by the mechanicals of the DS but took the plunge in the early 1980’s with a D Special and have never looked back.

The rear of the DS Safari is like no other - - - talk about design - - what an outcome !!!

John

Attachments

• AIRFLOW COUPE 1.jpg
    AIRFLOW COUPE 1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 85
  • AIRFLOW COUPE 2.jpg
    AIRFLOW COUPE 2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 77
  • AIRFLOW ABOUT TO COME HOME.jpg
    AIRFLOW ABOUT TO COME HOME.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 73
  • dales packard shepp 23.jpg
    dales packard shepp 23.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DALES BUICK TALBOT OCT-23.jpg
    DALES BUICK TALBOT OCT-23.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 71-1st-D-w.jpg
    71-1st-D-w.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 81
  • SAFARI REAR Oct-23.jpg
    SAFARI REAR Oct-23.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 76
On Sunday 12th November we went to the old Trentham Station for a Cars & Coffee in our 1929 Chrysler.

Brother Michael brought his 1927 Crossley and a Trentham local in his 1923 Alvis.
With the 1948 Light 15 and the DS Hydraulique as company it was a great day.

Yesterday, 19th November we thought we’d give the 1974 D Special a rest for a while and swapped it for our 1968 ID19b.

John

Attachments

• A 53 & Dales 48 Buick.jpg
    A 53 & Dales 48 Buick.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 80
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23a.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23a.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-i.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-i.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 78
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-o.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-o.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 84
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-s.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-s.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 80
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-t.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-t.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 78
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-v.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-v.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 79
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-h.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-h.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 78
  • TRENTHAM NOV-23-n.jpg
    TRENTHAM NOV-23-n.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DS Daylesford-19 Nov-23.jpg
    DS Daylesford-19 Nov-23.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 80
Maldon swap was on Sunday 26th November 2023.

Leaving early in the 1968 ID19b we did the rounds of the swap and picked up “a few bargains”.

At 8am we headed to Lake Wendouree where the annual Ballarat Springfest was on.

With about 450 market stalls we did a lot of walking.
Dale, who very much helped me do an engine swap in our ’28 Packard was there in his newly finished ’48 Buick sloper so we thought we’d have a look-in on mainly USA and hotrods as the car event next to all the Sringfest markets was held by the hotrod club.

Our DS attracted a lot of attention because it is so different to the norm - - as we all know.

The '62 EK Holden panelvan at the swap next to the "feral car" is like my 1st "surf wagon" car - - - colour and all !!
It was 1968 and cost me $400.

John

Attachments

• MALDON SWAP NOV-23-a.jpg
    MALDON SWAP NOV-23-a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 65
  • MALDON SWAP NOV-23-b.jpg
    MALDON SWAP NOV-23-b.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 64
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 b.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 b.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 66
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 e.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 e.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 68
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 g.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 g.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 63
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 h.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 h.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 65
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 k.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 k.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 66
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 m.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 m.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 68
  • BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 a.jpg
    BALLARAT SPRINGFESTNOV-23 a.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 65
  • PACKARD RECON-MOTOR NOV-23.jpg
    PACKARD RECON-MOTOR NOV-23.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Maldon swap was on Sunday 26th November 2023.

Leaving early in the 1968 ID19b we did the rounds of the swap and picked up “a few bargains”.

At 8am we headed to Lake Wendouree where the annual Ballarat Springfest was on.

With about 450 market stalls we did a lot of walking.
Dale, who very much helped me do an engine swap in our ’28 Packard was there in his newly finished ’48 Buick sloper so we thought we’d have a look-in on mainly USA and hotrods as the car event next to all the Sringfest markets was held by the hotrod club.

Our DS attracted a lot of attention because it is so different to the norm - - as we all know.

The '62 EK Holden panelvan at the swap next to the "feral car" is like my 1st "surf wagon" car - - - colour and all !!
It was 1968 and cost me $400.

John

is that a modern mid engined corvette there?? How on earth can that be imported into australia! (no I don't want one .... i'd class that as a supercar.... i'd prefer an old muscle car .... )

is that a modern mid engined corvette there?? How on earth can that be imported into australia! (no I don't want one .... i'd class that as a supercar.... i'd prefer an old muscle car .... )
They are an official import.
You can order one through any GM dealer that's licenced to sell GMSV stock.
Your nearest GMSV supplier is in Geelong if you have a change of heart on wanting one.😉

They are an official import.
You can order one through any GM dealer that's licenced to sell GMSV stock.
Your nearest GMSV supplier is in Geelong if you have a change of heart on wanting one.😉
That is bizare, are they built in RHD ? if the american cars start getting built in 3rd world countries, they probably will build them in RHD .... and then flood our market with them

That is bizare, are they built in RHD ? if the american cars start getting built in 3rd world countries, they probably will build them in RHD .... and then flood our market with them
Yes they are made in RHD at the GM plant in the US.
The Chevy Silverados are converted to RHD in Aus.

Yes that corvette looked pretty slick.

We went out again today to Glenyon swap & Trentham Sat 2nd Dec. Gradually the rain set in.

The Trentham club is having a Cars & Coffee at the Lyonville Hall Sunday week 10th Dec. I might get the Packard there - - fingers crossed.

John

Attachments

• GLENLYON SWAP DES-23 a.jpg
    GLENLYON SWAP DES-23 a.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 56
  • GLENLYON SWAP DES-23 b.jpg
    GLENLYON SWAP DES-23 b.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 54
  • TRENTHAM DEC-23 a.jpg
    TRENTHAM DEC-23 a.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 51
  • TRENTHAM DEC-23 b.jpg
    TRENTHAM DEC-23 b.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 55
  • TRENTHAM DEC-23 c.jpg
    TRENTHAM DEC-23 c.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 53
NEW YEAR DAY PICNIC OLD MUCKLEFORD SCHOOL

Pre Christmas we had the Light 15 out and the ’68 Safari. These tend to be our everyday cars while finishing the ’28 Packard Conv. Coupe which we hope to take to New Years day and being silly and buying a 1946 Packard Clipper 6 which I have been polishing madly.

So it would be nice if a Citroen or two turn up at the New Year car show picnic.

The idea is bring something along to throw into the mix and there is food for everyone. Tea & coffee is provided.

If coming from Castlemaine go along toward Newstead and there will be a sign left and you’ll see the old stone school in the bush.

From Newstead go toward Castlemaine and it’ll be on the right.

The event is held by the Vintage sports car club and is open to cars over 30 odd years old and officially starts 11am but cars can turn up earlier.

John

Attachments

• Safari CREAWICK DEC-23.jpg
    Safari CREAWICK DEC-23.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 70
  • LT 15 DEC18-23 a.jpg
    LT 15 DEC18-23 a.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 70
  • LT 15 DEC18-23 b.jpg
    LT 15 DEC18-23 b.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 65
  • LT 15 DEC18-23 c.jpg