My new challenge - 1964 ID19F Safari

It works. White leather, standard hubcaps, the badging, and no brushed stainless floor sills. It may even have sealed beam lights.
Whether the screws fixing the door cards is factory ... who knows.
Or other than dedicated anoraks, who cares ?

That colour and combination with a white roof is almost exactly the same as whati did to a '72 D Special for my wife in the early '90s. It was great, much better than the original beige.
The car had 200k km when we got it, and I gave it a timing chain, bearings and rings at about 350k, and it just kept going, ending up with almost 600k on it.
When our kids were small I fitted 4 seat belts in the rear....... what else could I do?
It's still one of my favorite colours for a Dee.
My recently acquired DS21 ie Pallas is one of my least favourite colours, vert argent, but rather than permanently destroying its originality, i am considering preparing second set of panels. A decision about colour and making time to do it, have Deelayed it a bit.

Bob
I think you and I are the same page with colours. I remember Jeremy Clarkson was asked on Top Gear about a metallic Lexus sedan and he quipped that it looked like a Mason's car. That's what I feel about the Citroen metallics. They are bland and primrose is just pretty and feminine like the design.

By the way I am toying with ways of upping the power from my engines and am wondering about porting the head and getting a set of extractors made. Ever heard of it being done?

I know it's bad for the Australian sun , but I saw a Cream D Special recently in Richmond that had a black roof. Looked good IMO

Surely salmon pink is the colour everyone wants :confused:
Something like this ? Salmon, watermelon, or what…
3027CDC2-A5C3-4283-AAEC-DF434A33BF83.jpeg
F23398A5-BA8C-48D6-B9ED-AC7844551272.jpeg

Bob
By the way I am toying with ways of upping the power from my engines and am wondering about porting the head and getting a set of extractors made. Ever heard of it being done?
How about a pair of downdraught Weber 40s fitted to chopped off injection inlet manifolds and a curvy bunch of bananas exhaust manifold.
Or Megasquirt fuel injection and a bunch of bananas.
Or leave it alone, wind the windows down and cruise.

"Wind the windows down and cruise"

Definitely!

Anyone can go fast, only cool goes slow.

That pink car has a turquoise leather interior from memory, a very 50s combination. It's the car from the goddess of '67.

If you want more power, find an EFI head along with the inlet manifold and fit a megasquirt system to it. The antique bosch system gave a 40hp boost over the carb setup and people in europe are seeing double that with megasquirt and ignition upgrades. The major benefit from fuel injection isnt so much the power, it gives the engine more torque and shifts the cuve further down the rev range.

I've never found my DS21 slow, I was recently overtaking people on the hills out of Baccus Marsh to Ballarat in 4th gear at 110km/h. A DS won't keep up with a modern hot hatch no matter what you do but it will keep up with traffic no problems.

That pink car has a turquoise leather interior from memory, a very 50s combination. It's the car from the goddess of '67.

If you want more power, find an EFI head along with the inlet manifold and fit a megasquirt system to it. The antique bosch system gave a 40hp boost over the carb setup and people in europe are seeing double that with megasquirt and ignition upgrades. The major benefit from fuel injection isnt so much the power, it gives the engine more torque and shifts the cuve further down the rev range.

I've never found my DS21 slow, I was recently overtaking people on the hills out of Baccus Marsh to Ballarat in 4th gear at 110km/h. A DS won't keep up with a modern hot hatch no matter what you do but it will keep up with traffic no problems.
I agree with what you say. For years I owned a Volvo manual 240. Similarly sized but fuel injected engine pushing a heavier body. The low down torque on those engines is huge. They aren't power houses but they are very tractable. More eficient fuel use means the engine runs cooler. All of this is quite hypothetical really - its more of a dream than a likely reality

How about a pair of downdraught Weber 40s fitted to chopped off injection inlet manifolds and a curvy bunch of bananas exhaust manifold.
Or Megasquirt fuel injection and a bunch of bananas.
Or leave it alone, wind the windows down and cruise.

Someday I'm going to try megasquirt and a small crank dog driven supercharger.

👏👏👏
Well done - 10 points! Yes, it’s Mickey’s car and started in the “goddess of 67” movie! It’s an acquired taste colour combo…

I should have painted my '62 ID19 that EK holden colour because I think it was the same mix as the Heidelberg ID Balm Paints colour. Alas I didn't know that then. I painted it escale blonde - don't quote me on spelling...which was the french version. At least it has stood the test of time and is returning to Melbourne which is fabulous.

Attachments

• IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    986.6 KB · Views: 99
I'm painting...or having painted...my DS now...I'm anxious about the gloss level. The painter is very good but it will be two pack and so on - any tips on how to reduce the modern look would be appreciated. I love the gloss level on Richo's D that I saw somewhere here - with the red roof....that looks how it should be:)