My new challenge - 1964 ID19F Safari

My Father had a Alfa Romeo 1750 Berlina in that Grey colour - it had a bit of pink in it too if I recall correctly.

I could never get used to the imprecision of the recirculating ball steering and the frequent changing of spark plugs that were required to get it to rev above 4000 rpm. I wish I had fitted a CDI system to it back then, that would have been transformational.

Cheers, Ken

It was great to see your car so well presented at Motorclassica this year. Congratulations. There were some great examples of 60s and 70s vehicles on display (two HT Monaros were quite spectacular).

I have to say that the event was otherwise quite disappointing. There were no restoration operators displaying their services, and only a very few classic car suppliers or dealers (and these were mostly the polish and wax franchisee). Only a couple of current manufacturers - most notably BMW - were there. Much of the floor space on the second level - contrary to previous years - was vacant, and they obviously had to space things out on the ground level. Outside was dominated by high end car dealers such as Lorbek with modern Lambos and Aston Martins for sale. Boring.

Aside from Sven's Safari, the most honest car there was a '69 Alfa 1750, amongst the few private vehicles in the car club display outside. Completely original and unrestored, with the faintest of patina in a light grey colour. I forgot to take a picture.

The biggest challenge for the organisers was the lack of people. The crowd was sparse on a beautiful Sunday morning. In pre-COVID years it was packed. I suspect the take on tickets will put a lot of pressure on the organisers...let's hope this was an interim step to something bigger next year.
You should have seen it Friday Alistair. The guy organising both cars and product vendors was disorganised and that is being kind. Most clubs gave up trying to get their cars in