INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

So this is not good news:
Not good news at all.
Who would buy a new car in 2022 that doesn't have parking sensors and blind spot monitoring!
These are standard, essential bits of kit on even the cheapest cars on the market.
Thirty-three sales will seem high if this goes ahead.
They really are trying hard to kill off Citroen here.

Reading this article, it seems to me that it would be mad for Citroen not to get the eC4 and hybrid C5 Aircross, and hybrid C5X and electric C3 over here as soon as they are released?

I know my father is someone on an enormous waiting list considering a Hyundai electric. But he would buy an eC4 if there was one available.

Not good news at all.
Who would buy a new car in 2022 that doesn't have parking sensors and blind spot monitoring!
These are standard, essential bits of kit on even the cheapest cars on the market.
It's called austerity models. We've had them before and it seems we'll have them again. Not making things but relying on international supply chains may not seem such a good idea now.

March 2022 Car Sales:

Citroën C3 16
Citroën C3 Aircross 0
Citroën C4 10
Citroën C5 Aircross 8
Citroën Total 34

Peugeot 2008 21
Peugeot 3008 54
Peugeot 5008 17
Peugeot 508 18
Peugeot Partner 34
Peugeot Boxer 10
Peugeot Expert 21
Peugeot Total 175

Renault Arkana 43
Renault Captur 252
Renault Kangoo 185
Renault Koleos 219
Renault Master 115
Renault Master Bus 1
Renault Megane 25
Renault Trafic 42
Renault Total 882

April 2022 sales

Citroen C3 – 9
Citroen C3 Aircross – 0
Citroen C4 – 13
Citroen C5 Aircross – 1
Citroen Total – 23

Peugeot 2008 – 20
Peugeot 3008 – 32
Peugeot 308 – 0
Peugeot 5008 – 6
Peugeot 508 – 4
Peugeot Boxer – 3
Peugeot Expert – 11
Peugeot Partner – 29
Peugeot Total – 105

Renault Arkana – 93
Renault Captur – 85
Renault Kangoo – 73
Renault Koleos – 165
Renault Master – 95
Renault Master Bus – 0
Renault Megane – 8
Renault Trafic – 87
Renault Total – 606

Alpine A110 – 1

Even more disconcerting is the plummet in Peugeot numbers; what’s up there? 105 is a VERY poor showing for Peugeot.

Those figures for Peugeot were viable in the 1950's and 1960's when annual sales sometimes fell to those levels. There was one, sometimes two models not eight so it was economical to maintain support including an Australian parts stock that gave 95% first pick. No doubt Stellantis thinks it desirable to keep a Citroen presence while waiting for the Chinese Citroen. MG has shown it is possible to market Chinese cars in Australia under a well known European brand, except the Citroen will not be at the bargain end of the market.

Not good news at all.
Essential ???

I've never owned a car with any of that electronic garbage on it ..... Its just stuff to break. I have a head, it looks in mirrors, does a shoulder check .... a wonderful universal device that works in all cars :dance:

I drove my brothers my twincab ute thing a couple of times. my parents have a brand new 4wd thing. It would drive you batshit crazy. the thing beeps constantly at you if you go near a white line .... it'll even push the steering away from the direction you want the car to go. The stupidest crap I've ever come across. If I'm driving near a white line ... its because I want to. I don't need a bloody beeper squealing or a steering wheel trying to shove me away from it.

If I'm towing a caravan and see something heading towards me .... and I want to move right over onto the shoulder of the road ... or even run two wheels off the road, the modern POS should let me do this without its steering wheel fighting me trying to avoid an accident.

My only hope is there iis a big obvious "OFF" switch for that stupidity :poop:

I wouldn't use blind spot monitoring in Sydney either, But in this town people park a foot behind you, out of range from rear vision mirrors, and rear parking sensors really are essential. They are nearly as necessary to get a C5 into the standard Sydney parking gap.

Essential ???

I've never owned a car with any of that electronic garbage on it ..... Its just stuff to break. I have a head, it looks in mirrors, does a shoulder check .... a wonderful universal device that works in all cars :dance:

I drove my brothers my twincab ute thing a couple of times. my parents have a brand new 4wd thing. It would drive you batshit crazy. the thing beeps constantly at you if you go near a white line .... it'll even push the steering away from the direction you want the car to go. The stupidest crap I've ever come across. If I'm driving near a white line ... its because I want to. I don't need a bloody beeper squealing or a steering wheel trying to shove me away from it.

If I'm towing a caravan and see something heading towards me .... and I want to move right over onto the shoulder of the road ... or even run two wheels off the road, the modern POS should let me do this without its steering wheel fighting me trying to avoid an accident.

My only hope is there iis a big obvious "OFF" switch for that stupidity :poop:
Hi.

Most of these features are configurable via the HMI. So if you choose to change how or if they function, this can mostly be achieved. A specific configuration can sometimes be associated with the fob that unlocked and started the vehicle, so that different drivers can have different configurations.

I concur that at the moment the driver is still the person in control of and responsible for the vehicle.

Cheers.

Twice this week I have returned to my car to find a tray work ute in front with the tray overhanging my bonnet, If a Beemer type had squeezed in behind I would have been a goner. Getting out gave the sensors a workout.

The first truck was in a No Stopping zone. Tradesmen seem to believe in a right to park outside the job whatever the signs say, and the councils don't enforce against them unless they get a complaint.

You know ... the easiest car I"ve ever had to park .... is the shitbox range rover .... no electronics, no sensors, no screens (ok, I lie, I fitted a rear camera.... its point down at the towbar so I can backup to stuff without having to get out 100times to see I need to move 1cm further to left ... or forward ... or back ... :clown: ). All the other cars are crap. Even the tiny little C2. Its nothing to do with turning circle or size. The big bright blue shitbox has a slice 'n' dice type bullbar at the front. It is 100% guaranteed to be the very front corner of the car.... I can see it from the drivers seat clearly. The back is similar, I can see the corners (well as well as you can in any full sized car).
The modern cars all taper away at the corners. Its impossible to see exactly where the corner of the car is from the drivers seat.

the shitbox is so easy to get into tight spots (as I can see where its corners are) I've often slammed the mirrors into the mirrors of the cars beside me .... Woops... not again.... yes that's how precisely you can place a car that you can see the corners of!

seeya,
Shane L.

You know ... the easiest car I"ve ever had to park .... is the shitbox range rover .... no electronics, no sensors, no screens (ok, I lie, I fitted a rear camera.... its point down at the towbar so I can backup to stuff without having to get out 100times to see I need to move 1cm further to left ... or forward ... or back ... :clown: ). All the other cars are crap. Even the tiny little C2. Its nothing to do with turning circle or size. The big bright blue shitbox has a slice 'n' dice type bullbar at the front. It is 100% guaranteed to be the very front corner of the car.... I can see it from the drivers seat clearly. The back is similar, I can see the corners (well as well as you can in any full sized car).
The modern cars all taper away at the corners. Its impossible to see exactly where the corner of the car is from the drivers seat.

the shitbox is so easy to get into tight spots (as I can see where its corners are) I've often slammed the mirrors into the mirrors of the cars beside me .... Woops... not again.... yes that's how precisely you can place a car that you can see the corners of!

seeya,
Shane L.
Hi.

I guess the competing design criteria become:
A - Focus more on a square brick type shape that ensures easy visibility of the every corner, or,
B - Focus more on a shape that tapers away at the corners and provides ongoing lower CD figures that then facilitates ongoing lower fuel consumption.

Different uses of vehciles will draw owners to the different design features & benifets. Owners that tow and park a lot might prefer A. Owners the don't tow and drive long distances might prefer B.

Different owners will have different priorities. We know what yours are already!

Cheers.

Hi.

I guess the competing design criteria become:
A - Focus more on a square brick type shape that ensures easy visibility of the every corner, or,
B - Focus more on a shape that tapers away at the corners and provides ongoing lower CD figures that then facilitates ongoing lower fuel consumption.

Different uses of vehciles will draw owners to the different design features & benifets. Owners that tow and park a lot might prefer A. Owners the don't tow and drive long distances might prefer B.

Different owners will have different priorities. We know what yours are already!

Cheers.

Nah, its not really a priority. Just an observation. The old CX I've owned forever .... I hate going backward in it. There is so little visibility I might as well be a blind person with a white stick. There is no denying the "box" shape is the most useful shape if you wish to have a functional amount of space inside (just look at a station wagon from the 80's compared to one from today).

I just know I don't want electronics. Maybe we all should just mount a little bike flag on each corner of the car so we can see it from the drivers seat :clown: (Don't laugh, I've been more than tempted to do this to small trailers so the damn things can be reversed!).

Twice this week I have returned to my car to find a tray work ute in front with the tray overhanging my bonnet, If a Beemer type had squeezed in behind I would have been a goner. Getting out gave the sensors a workout.

The first truck was in a No Stopping zone. Tradesmen seem to believe in a right to park outside the job whatever the signs say, and the councils don't enforce against them unless they get a complaint.
Hi.

In similar situations I usually take a phone of the car in front and behind including registation plate and intrusion into parking space, before I depart my vehicle. With the hope that if there is any damage to my vehicle, I at least have a photo that illustrates how a protruding part of the adjacent vehicle may have impacted my vehicle, and a rego number.

Self evidently this doesn't help if the adjacent vehicles park after you have departed your vehicle.

Cheers.

Not good news at all.
This stuff is happening to all manufacturers.

E.g:

Personally I’d rather buy a car without a working sensor than buy a car without Apple CarPlay, but everyone’s different. Loads of major manufacturers are battling this, and Citroen/Stellantis aren’t uniquely trying to screw over the Australian market or anything.