INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

I was told that Thrifty got a big fleet of 508's, yet I am lucky to see 1 a month on the road in Sydney.

Hmm that's interesting. It was definitely available, I checked the website end of last year and they were there.

Look at the advertising campaign to re-introduce SEAT with the Cupra. Clever.
The last Peugeot advertising campaign was so concerned with diversity its message impact was "odd cars for odd people."

July 2022 Car Sales:

Citroën C3 7
Citroën C3 Aircross 0
Citroën C4 9
Citroën C5 Aircross 0
Citroën Total 16

Peugeot 2008 14
Peugeot 3008 135
Peugeot 5008 10
Peugeot 508 7
Peugeot Partner 23
Peugeot Boxer 1
Peugeot Expert 33
Peugeot Total 223

Renault Arkana 115
Renault Captur 86
Renault Kangoo 2
Renault Koleos 74
Renault Master 164
Renault Master Bus 0
Renault Megane 11
Renault Trafic 169
Renault Total 621

My cousin ended up buying a demo 2021 Citroen C3 Shine. I took it for a test drive and it is a charming little car. Interesting exterior design, fabulous seats, and a zippy engine with a smooth gearbox. With small cars being a little boring the C3 Shine deserves to sell more, but when they retail at $37000 brand new, it is no surprise that Inchcape are not selling.

BTW, my cousin loves it and paid under $30K and received outstanding service from Regan Peugot and Citroen.

I was given a C3 Shine hatch as a loan car when I took my Peugeot 2008 in for a service a few months back and I completely agree with your comments, fantastic seats, zippy engine and a smooth gearbox, the exterior design is nice, but I wasn't keen on the colours, white body and a red roof and mirror caps .... it's definitely not a $37,000 car though, $26-$27,000 maybe, but definitely not $37,000.

I've noticed Inchcape are selling the facelifted C3 SUV in New Zealand, but it's still being evaluated for the Australian market. I'd hate to think how much that would cost in Australia now!

I was given a C3 Shine hatch as a loan car when I took my Peugeot 2008 in for a service a few months back and I completely agree with your comments, fantastic seats, zippy engine and a smooth gearbox, the exterior design is nice, but I wasn't keen on the colours, white body and a red roof and mirror caps .... it's definitely not a $37,000 car though, $26-$27,000 maybe, but definitely not $37,000.

I've noticed Inchcape are selling the facelifted C3 SUV in New Zealand, but it's still being evaluated for the Australian market. I'd hate to think how much that would cost in Australia now!
My cousin's is a Red with a Black Roof. Looks absolutely fantastic.
I know new cars have gone up in price but not sure if Inchcape will sell many C3 Aircrosses at over $40K.

Peugeot have a solid business with the 3008. Enough for a limited number of dealers, a bit better than FIAT. Importing a wide range with some selling very few must complicate the operation. Obviously keen to keep the Citroen name going even if the sales are tiny. Peugeot is the sort of operation that will survive if the home office operation is kept lean.

Peugeot have a solid business with the 3008. Enough for a limited number of dealers, a bit better than FIAT. Importing a wide range with some selling very few must complicate the operation. Obviously keen to keep the Citroen name going even if the sales are tiny. Peugeot is the sort of operation that will survive if the home office operation is kept lean.
I may have convinced a work colleague to look at the 3008 Allure. A very good car!

August 2022 Car Sales:

Citroën C3 4
Citroën C3 Aircross 0
Citroën C4 3
Citroën C5 Aircross 2
Citroën Total 9

Peugeot 2008 35
Peugeot 3008 82
Peugeot 5008 16
Peugeot 308 3
Peugeot 508 10
Peugeot Partner 16
Peugeot Boxer 7
Peugeot Expert 34
Peugeot Total 203

Renault Arkana 180
Renault Captur 90
Renault Kangoo 14
Renault Koleos 63
Renault Master 191
Renault Master Bus 0
Renault Megane 7
Renault Trafic 201
Renault Total 746

3 Peugeot 308s - reckon they are the new fancy ones? Or just stock languishing around?

Wow, Citroen sales really have tanked. I exepected to see more sales of the new C4.

Is it a lack of cars coming into the country?
Who knows? Citroën sales have been at low levels for years. I do wonder what is in it for Inchape to distribute the brand.

Stellantis doesn't have a viable Asia Pacific strategy now they've decided against investment in Chinese production but the relationship with Dong Feng is unclear. Dong Feng own a share of Stellantis and are slated to produce a new Citroen for export to Europe and presumably Australia. So there may yet be plans for Citroen in Australia even though Stellantis seems uncertain as to its own regional strategy.

Stellantis doesn't have a viable Asia Pacific strategy now they've decided against investment in Chinese production but the relationship with Dong Feng is unclear. Dong Feng own a share of Stellantis and are slated to produce a new Citroen for export to Europe and presumably Australia. So there may yet be plans for Citroen in Australia even though Stellantis seems uncertain as to its own regional strategy.
That new product isn't the new Citroen C5 X, is it? Because that'll be here in a few months.

I don't see why we have to wait to see what happens in China, before they can decide on plan for the Australian market. They seem to be moving quickly in India to establish themselves, with the release of the Citroen C3 SUV, not the C3 Aircross, but an all new Indian specific model, which I believe is going to be exported to South America?

I believe September figures are (sorry, don’t have Peugeot):

Citroen - 7 - (3 C3, 4 C4.)

I understand there is currently no stock of C5 Aircross as dealers await new models.

Our local dealer has been active ringing me to follow up my “expression of interest” about the new C5X. Marketing speak or not, he said there were already quite a number of pre-sales. (“Quite a number” probably doesn’t mean “many” - pre-sales of 5 is probably a lot for Citroen!)

Apologies for no September sales till now.

September 2022 Car Sales:

Citroën C3 3
Citroën C4 4
Citroën C5 Aircross 0
Citroën Total 7

Peugeot 2008 28
Peugeot 3008 62
Peugeot 5008 8
Peugeot 308 0
Peugeot 508 3
Peugeot Partner 4
Peugeot Boxer 1
Peugeot Expert 34
Peugeot Total 140

Renault Arkana 104
Renault Captur 71
Renault Kangoo 9
Renault Koleos 230
Renault Master 148
Renault Master Bus 5
Renault Megane 1
Renault Trafic 116
Renault Total 684

Just got these off the Citroen Owners Facebook Page. Seems the C5-X has made a big splash. I heard they had some pre-release sales. but I didn't expect that many. Who-hoo.

The C5-X PHEV is coming too late 2023 or 2024. It appears we have to compete with Euro EV production mandates. If you are interested in purchasing one of these please start a Converation with me on the topic.

VFACTS (Sales Figures) October 2022:
Citroen C3 (1)
Citroen C4 (2)
Citroen C5x (34)
Stock is an issue - and the New C5 Aircross is on its way.

Cheers, Ken