INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

We are all different as you say.

I don't use a car radio, ever, let alone Carplay. Music for me is to listened to carefully, not background noise while you do something else..

But I do like rear parking sensors.

I like the idea of someone who won't have electronics using a computer or smart phone to access Internet and this forum.
Hi.

Heres an idea.

For the people that don't want to enjoy the benifets of technology, we could always print a hard copy of the last months posts from this forum and mail it to them.

They could then write a letter in response to an area of interest, and by the time it got processed and responsed it would be a fairly fast two month turnaround.

Cheers.

I like the idea of someone who won't have electronics using a computer or smart phone to access Internet and this forum.

Hah .... its better than that .... I'm a computer programmer .... 'Software Engineer' some would call it. Gimme a car with "on/off" switches and simplicity anyday over these horrendously complex computer filled plastic things they sell these days. If something doesn't work when you press a button in an old car ... you check the button ... check the wiring .... check whatever the wires are connector too. Can it get any easier?

I hear adverts for poeple to "automate" there houses and run away .... fast .... a curtain that works with a simple cord is fabulous. A heater with a button on the front is a brilliant idea. no I don't want to talk to something or use a shitty phone to turn on a light. :dance: :dance: :dance: The more everything gets automated, the less I want it.

We must agree to differ. I began my software writing experience in 1956 and have managed and endured the introduction of technology before its reliability enabled the users to accept it without question. My house which I automated with my own software in the 1990's was not without its glitches but today when getting up from a chair is a planning project, I am only too happy to ask Google to run my living environment. I still try to save early C5's from the degradation of their electronics but cars like my Honda Insight I have enjoyed without a thought of the complexity of the technology. It works and keeps on working, broken switches are back to the Lucas era.

May 2022
Citroen C3 – 8
Citroen C3 Aircross – 0
Citroen C4 – 13
Citroen C5 Aircross – 18
Citroen Total – 39

Peugeot 2008 – 46
Peugeot 3008 – 43
Peugeot 308 – 0
Peugeot 5008 – 22
Peugeot 508 – 17
Peugeot Boxer – 1
Peugeot Expert – 23
Peugeot Partner – 39
Peugeot Total – 191

Renault Arkana – 199
Renault Captur – 108
Renault Kangoo – 47
Renault Koleos – 241
Renault Master – 197
Renault Master Bus – 0
Renault Megane – 10
Renault Trafic – 35
Renault Total – 837

May 2022
Citroen C3 – 8
Citroen C3 Aircross – 0
Citroen C4 – 13
Citroen C5 Aircross – 18
Citroen Total – 39

Peugeot 2008 – 46
Peugeot 3008 – 43
Peugeot 308 – 0
Peugeot 5008 – 22
Peugeot 508 – 17
Peugeot Boxer – 1
Peugeot Expert – 23
Peugeot Partner – 39
Peugeot Total – 191

Renault Arkana – 199
Renault Captur – 108
Renault Kangoo – 47
Renault Koleos – 241
Renault Master – 197
Renault Master Bus – 0
Renault Megane – 10
Renault Trafic – 35
Renault Total – 837
39. All cars. Possibly Citroen’s best sales (cars) in, what, 3 years?

Best monthly sales figure since May (56) and June (51) of 2019, which were Cactus runout months.
Yeah. Not forgetting that of those 56 in May, 6 were Berlingos, and in June 15 were Berlingos.

If you sensibly treat the commercial van market as a separate market (which Citroen no longer operates in) then the true comparison figures are May (50) and June (36).

If I were Citroen, I would be considering that the current figures are looking more like “back to normal”. That’s not to say “normal” is in any way particularly “good” - small brand with way too small sales still. But Citroen has survived for ages on those sort of sales in Aus.

I still think, given the enormous waiting lists for electric and hybrid cars here in Oz, if they brought over a few shipments of hybrid C5 Aircross and all-electric C4s, they would probably sell very quickly.

Still think my next car will be a hybrid C5X, I haven’t seen a car that I have been so impressed with for a while.

Of course, if you go back at random to, say, June 2016, you can see 108 Citroen were sold in that month. Even accounting for Berlingos, there’s a long way to go.

Past six months have seen:

Nov 32
Dec 31
Jan 29
Feb 33
Mar 34
Apr 23
May 39

Gently encouraging, but not yet what I would call a turn around in the right direction.

Sales stats for June 2022:

Citroen:
Citroen C3 - 7
Citroen C3 Aircross - 0
Citroen C4 - 5
Citroen C5 Aircross - 2
Citroen Total - 14

Peugeot:

Peugeot 2008 - 23
Peugeot 3008 - 41
Peugeot 308 - 0
Peugeot 5008 - 25
Peugeot 508 - 9
Peugeot Boxer - 0
Peugeot Expert - 40
Peugeot Partner - 35
Peugeot Total: 173

Renault:

Renault Arkana - 141
Renault Captur - 109
Renault Kangoo - 34
Renault Koleos - 274
Renault Master - 286
Renault Master Bus - 0
Renault Megane - 8
Renault Trafic - 228
Renault Total: 1,080

Renault is doing very nicely and has not only overtaken Skoda but left it well behind. Renault has an advantage of producing some of the models in Asia.
Peugeot sales are languishing presumably because the market does not see them as competitive. The two price increases in six months indicates no interest in improving sales outcomes.

Yeah - Renault gets quite a few models from Samsung, although I presume they're the same (more or less) as those in Europe these days...

Renault is on track to crack 10,000 sales this year, something it hasn't done since 2018 when 10,018 Renault's were sold.

Ateco took over distribution of Renault in April 2021, in that year, sales increased to 7,099 units from 2020's low of just 6,904 units, so to see another increase in 2022 and even a shot at selling over 10,000 vehicles, will be a good achievement for Ateco. Hopefully they can get Dacia here sooner too!

Arkana and Koleos are imported from South Korea, but it would be great to see more Renault models being produced there and exported to markets like ours. The Captur and new Austral would be great examples to be built in South Korea and exported to Australia.

Renault will also be building Lynk & Co (Geely) vehicles in South Korea, but sold as Renaults for South Korea and other markets in the future, so we may see something come from that?

Have an accident in one and see how long your car is off the road!
Which is why you need a strong dealer network and quality support before you can expect better sales. In the Renault days there was an Australian 95% first pick for Peugeot 504 parts. Although Covid disrupted supply logistics there is absolutely no reason why parts could not be landed in Australia in a week.

I think PSA/Inchcape need to seriously look at their marketing spend, or lack there of more specifically, when it comes to their sales. For me, as someone who is a graphic designer/marketer by trade, the problem for Citroen/Peugeot is awareness. I don’t think it lies on the sales side, as when people do try/think of Citroen/Peugeot, most walk away impressed. When was the last time anyone actually saw an ad? Last ad I remember was the C4 when it transformed on the ice lake. Also, here’s a simple idea - how many peeps are there on this very very active forum? If I were a smart cookie at inchcape, I’d hit up the owner of this forum and figure out some kind of introductory, exclusive trade in/new model deal available to the paid members of this forum. Why? Cause this is where the eyes are. Just a thought ☺️

dunno which co. ( suspect it’s Sixt ) hiring out an awful lot of 508s in Cairns and Port Douglas …
has to help with exposure and positive associations / experiences