French car owners monthly tyre kicking day

Baha!

The wit of the man!

Cam

Woohoo! Sunday week.

Last public outing likely for the 605 until June or so. Back in a Citroën May.

DSC09140.jpg

I may bring this Pug. (May have to hose it again though!) :headbang:

G'day,
the cheap motel [with spa] went well. When is the next meeting?

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe it's the third Sunday in April, just like it says in post #57.

DON'T FORGET

FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY

SUNDAY 17th MAY 2015
I have been hanging around car clubs for about 30 years. I am a member of 2 car clubs (3 counting Aussiefrogs). I for years attended monthly meetings.
During my club membership days I found that the formal part of the car club general meetings BORING! (Probably necessary, though).
The really enjoyable parts of the meetings are the pre and post formal meeting “TYRE KICKING”.
I propose that Sydney/NSW Froggy car owners hold a once a month very informal “TYRE KICKING” gathering.
Regional, interstate “froggers” along with all age groups and sexes are welcome.
No committees and no memberships are required.
The “TYRE KICKING” will be held every 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Sunday of the month at a central location, commencing nominally around 10:30am.
The “TYRE KICKING” should continue through till all, tyre kicking, parts exchanging, information gathering/sharing, boot sales, spruiking, skiting and general “B___S____ing” is complete.
Attendees may arrive and leave at any time at their leisure, attendees may continue on to a walk, a bike ride, a river ferry trip, a meal, a drive, a drink, an engine overhaul or whatever!

Anything formal along with any “hooning” shall be frowned upon.

“FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY”

*Starting at around 10:30am.

LOCATION*: Newington Reserve business car park at the north western corner of Holker Street and Slough Avenue, Silverwater 2128.
(Sydney Olympic Park area)
(only 300m south of where the French Car Day is held).
(Enter from southern lane of Holker St or from Slough Avenue)

*33degrees 49minutes 53seconds SOUTH - 151degrees 03minutes 08seconds EAST.
*I know the gathering place may not please all, though it is central for most (gives us westies a go), is a sizable well maintained and lawned area that should not be parked out, has amounts of shade, toilets (rough) and under cover awnings for rain, nearby Newington shopping center (within 500m), a nearby river, walks, playgrounds and pushbike tracks for mum and the kids (1km). You may also wish to arrive by ferry (3km) (very pleasant transport).
Note: Any excuse not to attend will be accepted!

If you call in someone will hopefully see you there! :)

NOTE: This event has been added to the Peugeot Car Club of NSW (inc) Calandar. *This means that Club Plated cars of the NSW Pug club may attend
(along with all the correct club notifications etc).:) :)

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Have we got a mechanical mission up for grabs? Patrick needs the engine mounts replacing in his Volveau.

Would love to come, might be able to make this, but have to be in the city by 2pm.

G'day,
Easter Sunday, and, daughter's 12th wedding anniversary.
Cheap motel [with spa] is probably out of the question, so if I wake in time, I will be there. :cool:

Last edited:
Lion: If you can't make that deadline you're not trying. An hour at max to the city.

I'll come but won't be staying too long!

If anyone has spare top mounts in decent non-cracked condition for the 205 that could be a quick mission :) Mine are gone (all three rubbers), though im gonna grab some off eai next week hopefully

the actual engine mount, the main thingo that sits underneath with the two side buffers

Bump!

Just a reminder, why not call in?
DON'T FORGET

FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY

SUNDAY 17th MAY 2015
I have been hanging around car clubs for about 30 years. I am a member of 2 car clubs (3 counting Aussiefrogs). I for years attended monthly meetings.
During my club membership days I found that the formal part of the car club general meetings BORING! (Probably necessary, though).
The really enjoyable parts of the meetings are the pre and post formal meeting “TYRE KICKING”.
I propose that Sydney/NSW Froggy car owners hold a once a month very informal “TYRE KICKING” gathering.
Regional, interstate “froggers” along with all age groups and sexes are welcome.
No committees and no memberships are required.
The “TYRE KICKING” will be held every 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Sunday of the month at a central location, commencing nominally around 10:30am.
The “TYRE KICKING” should continue through till all, tyre kicking, parts exchanging, information gathering/sharing, boot sales, spruiking, skiting and general “B___S____ing” is complete.
Attendees may arrive and leave at any time at their leisure, attendees may continue on to a walk, a bike ride, a river ferry trip, a meal, a drive, a drink, an engine overhaul or whatever!

Anything formal along with any “hooning” shall be frowned upon.

“FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY”

Starting at around 10:30am.

LOCATION*: Newington Reserve business car park at the north western corner of Holker Street and Slough Avenue, Silverwater 2128.
(Sydney Olympic Park area)
(only 300m south of where the French Car Day is held).
(Enter from southern lane of Holker St or from Slough Avenue)

*33degrees 49minutes 53seconds SOUTH - 151degrees 03minutes 08seconds EAST.
*I know the gathering place may not please all, though it is central for most (gives us westies a go), is a sizable well maintained and lawned area that should not be parked out, has amounts of shade, toilets (rough) and under cover awnings for rain, nearby Newington shopping center (within 500m), a nearby river, walks, playgrounds and pushbike tracks for mum and the kids (1km). You may also wish to arrive by ferry (3km) (very pleasant transport).
Note: Any excuse not to attend will be accepted!

If you call in someone will hopefully see you there! :)

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Free - free - free

I am bringing the laptop.

For any participating members of AF who show up wanting their car diagnosed with Peugeot Planet or Lexia, it is free today until the battery runs flat. That is $154 less than the usual charge for me to front up and plug in.

First in, best dressed.

Fantastic morning out!

One 505, two 504s, a 605, Xantia, C4. Not bad for a sunny weekend, smack in the middle of the school holidays.

Thanks to RR for organising it (and attending, despite becoming a great-great grandfather overnight :headbang:), and to the Xantia pilot for some healthy nibbles.

Last edited:
Fantastic morning out!

One 505, two 504s, a 605, Xantia, C4. Not bad for a sunny weekend, smack in the middle of the school holidays.

Thanks to RR for organising it, and to the Xantia pilot for some healthy nibbles.

Cool, any pics this time? Shame I couldn't make it but I was in Parkes today (Staying in Cowra). Totally by chance we stopped in Eugowra for a pitstop and there was a Vintage Car Ralley pulling into town! I did see one citroen (drive past but not sure where it ended up), but it was mostly Aussie, Brittish and American cars.

Took some nice photos though! They were all in excellent condition!

I guess there aren't any rainchecks on the peugeot planet Addo :)

Attached are totally not french, but was my fave from my completely unplanned Non-french tire kicking day today :)

Tony.

Attachments

• DSC_4222.jpg
    DSC_4222.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_4223.jpg
    DSC_4223.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 387