French car owners monthly tyre kicking day

Many of the non-critical components of my Volvo are French, such as the lamp covers and other plastic covers and such. All the critical parts are Bosch. Fortunately. Won't show up to this one as I'm way over committed. Perhaps next one. Addo, might take you up on the 605 offer. :)

Many of the non-critical components of my Volvo are French, such as the lamp covers and other plastic covers and such. All the critical parts are Bosch. Fortunately. Won't show up to this one as I'm way over committed. Perhaps next one. Addo, might take you up on the 605 offer. :)

PJ810,

you are welcome to attend any time.

I am sure your Volvo story would be covered under B___ S______!:D

Well considering that is about 5 minutes from home, I think (no other activities planned by the other half but not yet disclosed permitting) that I should make an appearance!

I'm hopefully picking up the headlight trim tomorrow morning, and if fitted on Saturday the S16's front end will be back to pre-accident condition! :)

I haven't checked in for weeks, as I've been so busy, very good timing to do so!

Tony.

Thought I'd post an aerial view. Is the plan to park in the business carpark or on slough Ave? I would think that the business carpark should be empty on a Sunday, and cars would be closer together :) The carpark can be accessed either from holker st, or from Slough ave, so I am assuming this is where you meant bigrr :)

For those coming from Parramatta rd down Silverwater road, it may be easier to turn right into Fariola St (one before Holker) and then left into Slough Ave.

Tony.

Attachments

• newington_reserve.jpg
    newington_reserve.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 931
Last edited:
Plan is to use business carpark (Slough Avenue is back up).

Good directions in your above attachment.

Thanks Tony.:) See you Sunday.

Last edited:
If it was not so early I could possibly do it as I have to be in sydney that weekend.

No one knows how long the tyre kicking might last on Sunday. 2:00pm???

It would be good to meet a RCZ owner.:)

I'll endeavour to make it out. I can't bring any of the French cars, so it will be the Mazdarati.

Nice and dry!

Attachments

• IMG_20140316_122416.jpg
    IMG_20140316_122416.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 414
hehe, Here are a few photos before the heavens opened! Not sure what happened with the exposure, but better than nothing.

Tony.

Attachments

• DSC_4105.jpg
    DSC_4105.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC_4106.jpg
    DSC_4106.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC_4107.jpg
    DSC_4107.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC_4108.jpg
    DSC_4108.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC_4110.jpg
    DSC_4110.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 425
A good turnout for such a low profile event; nice to see the Citroëns well represented. :p

Two 205s
Two Fuegos
One 306
One 007
One 605
One Mazdarati

Heaps of rain

Clutch cable holder snapped just after i left.. No clutch
Bumper to bumper first gear much of the way
Made it home..... To sheer devastation.
Trees down... Branches every where. No apparent property damage

Jo

That's a bummer Jo! Is it like the 306's a plastic fitting where it connects to the clutch pedal? Don't envy you driving all that way with no clutch! Bright side is if you had have been home maybe the car would have been damaged, so perhaps a good thing you came along! Sorry Stalled, I missed the mazdarati in the photos ;) actually I think I can see the corner of it behind my car in one of the shots.

Tony.

Not a bad roll up.

Pity about the rain.

Don't forget next month's Tyre Kicking.

Addo you may be able to bring a Citroen or a Simca. :headbang:

Attachments

• DSC09910.jpg
    DSC09910.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 765
A good turnout for such a low profile event; nice to see the Citroëns well represented. :p

Two 205s
Two Fuegos
One 306
One 007
One 605
One Mazdarati

Heaps of rain

Smart ar*e!

Sorry I could not make it. Had to work.

I see your recipe for success... make the meeting later! Clearly the Narrabeen event was too early for Pugs and Renos... that is why we got zero Peugeot or Renault, but seven Citroen at Narrabeen.
1x 2cv, 3x DS, 1x GS, 1x XM, 1 x Xantia.

Hope you get a better balance next time. Congratulations on a good turnout .

Actually, considering it was 100% free apart from petrol/diesel, I was expecting it to be awash with Citroën owners.

More seriously, the way it specifically didn't require forward commitment could be part of the reasons for how it turned out.

The 200km round trip to attend is my excuse.

More northerly and I'd be very keen.

The 200km round trip to attend is my excuse.

More northerly and I'd be very keen.

Alas the distance problem can not be solved. :(

How about the formation of a Novacastrian and Northern Chapter of "The French Car Owners Monthly Tyre Kicking Day"? :)