French car owners monthly tyre kicking day

Nice work guys - love a good tyre kicking, especially the French variety. I would have loved to make it but drove my 205 for the first time in six weeks on Friday and went for a good long weekend away. Keen for the next one though...

Was a good morning!

Not a bad venue - I'll try and bring a French car for next time....

i can't see why distance is a problem

i work weekends but in saying that when i can get my off sider to do so i travel the 7-800km round trip for the AFCD every year in a day and if it worked out i could wangle a weekend for the tyre kicking day i'd do the same

"FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY"

It is understood that this event is to be added to the Peugeot Car Club of NSW Inc, calendar! :)
(Check your April Pugilist first).

This means that PCC club plated cars may attend
(along with the rules and usual advises to the club registrar ect.).

A good regular run for the old car and a chance to blow out the cobwebs and tell people how fast it used to be (and may be a chance to wipe the oil up off the garage floor):nownow:.

Would be great to see other French car clubs follow and add the event to their calendars.

Attachments

• DSC09910.jpg
    DSC09910.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC01087.jpg
    DSC01087.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 397
Not a bad roll up.

Pity about the rain.

Don't forget next month's Tyre Kicking.
BIGRR,

Will next month's Tyre kicking be on Easter Sunday (20th - the third Sunday of the month) or an alternate date?

You have two days before print :)

BIGRR,

Will next month's Tyre kicking be on Easter Sunday (20th - the third Sunday of the month) or an alternate date?

You have two days before print :)

Yes next month's "Tyre kicking" will be on Easter Sunday 20th April, if we swap Sundays it will only clash with something else.

Happy with the KISS principle.

Not all French car owners are driving to Queensland (There is always Sunday 18th May).

There is NO quorum required for "French car owners monthly tyre kicking day".

If people are not doing anything Easter Sunday then they are welcome attend. :)

Robert,

Have you "failed by succeeding"? :crazy:

I thought the idea was to have an event that wasn't bound by club affiliation, therefore a very informal approach with only one stiff rule... Now it's been proven to work, it gets the imprimatur of a club - who I deliberately eschew!

[QUOTE=addo;1240461]Robert,

Have you "failed by succeeding"? :crazy:

I thought the idea was to have an event that wasn't bound by club affiliation, therefore a very informal approach with only one stiff rule... Now it's been proven to work, it gets the imprimatur of a club - who I deliberately eschew![/QUOTE]

The "Tyre kicking day" is, I consider open to all French car owners.

Without the French car clubs placing the "Tyre kicking day" on their calendars there is no way club plated cars may attend.

There will still be no formal rules, alliances or affiliations :nownow: and the day is basically run "by the people for the people" (as someone once said).

See you there on the 3rd Sunday of each month? (I hope). :)

FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY

17th MAY 2015
I have been hanging around car clubs for about 30 years. I am a member of 2 car clubs (3 counting Aussiefrogs). I for years attended monthly meetings.
During my club membership days I found that the formal part of the car club general meetings BORING! (Probably necessary, though).
The really enjoyable parts of the meetings are the pre and post formal meeting “TYRE KICKING”.
I propose that Sydney/NSW Froggy car owners hold a once a month very informal “TYRE KICKING” gathering.
Regional, interstate “froggers” along with all age groups and sexes are welcome.
No committees and no memberships are required.
The “TYRE KICKING” will be held every 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Sunday of the month at a central location, commencing nominally around 10:30am.
The “TYRE KICKING” should continue through till all, tyre kicking, parts exchanging, information gathering/sharing, boot sales, spruiking, skiting and general “B___S____ing” is complete.
Attendees may arrive and leave at any time at their leisure, attendees may continue on to a walk, a bike ride, a river ferry trip, a meal, a drive, a drink, an engine overhaul or whatever!

Anything formal along with any “hooning” shall be frowned upon.

“FRENCH CAR OWNERS MONTHLY TYRE KICKING DAY”

Starting at around 10:30am.

LOCATION*: Newington Reserve business car park at the north western corner of Holker Street and Slough Avenue, Silverwater 2128.
(Sydney Olympic Park area)
(only 300m south of where the French Car Day is held).
(Enter from southern lane of Holker St or from Slough Avenue)

*33degrees 49minutes 53seconds SOUTH - 151degrees 03minutes 08seconds EAST.
*I know the gathering place may not please all, though it is central for most (gives us westies a go), is a sizable well maintained and lawned area that should not be parked out, has amounts of shade, toilets (rough) and under cover awnings for rain, nearby Newington shopping center (within 500m), a nearby river, walks, playgrounds and pushbike tracks for mum and the kids (1km). You may also wish to arrive by ferry (3km) (very pleasant transport).
Note: Any excuse not to attend will be accepted!

If you call in someone will hopefully see you there! :)

NOTE: This event has been added to the Peugeot Car Club of NSW (inc) Calandar. *This means that Club Plated cars of the NSW Pug club may attend
(along with all the correct club notifications etc).:) :)

PS: If other French car clubs were to add this event to their calendars it would be a good monthly daylight run their club plated car???

Last edited:
Nice one!

Ill be in Adelaide. Otherwise attending!

Can

G'day,
I may be at a cheap motel on the highway [Great Ocean Road] with my darling. Otherwise, I will be there. :violin: