For Renault 12 fans

Geez. What a nice 12. Every time I see a 12 wagon I get weak at the knees. But you have to give it to Renault. A mass produced FWD car that handles is a nice thing. You can see Renault's lineage even in today's rubbish SUVs like the Koleos. I wonder if the test results would get better if their 12 had some better tyres. Same size, just better.

Oh do I have a Romanian wagon for you. "_romaniancars_" on insta.

boom2.png
boom.png

Very Niiice

That welded on front little lip spoiler does things to me.

Geez. What a nice 12. Every time I see a 12 wagon I get weak at the knees. But you have to give it to Renault. A mass produced FWD car that handles is a nice thing. You can see Renault's lineage even in today's rubbish SUVs like the Koleos. I wonder if the test results would get better if their 12 had some better tyres. Same size, just better.
Yer maybe get a slightly higher speed through the test.

Would also be interesting if it had R17 suspension fitted as well or just larger roll bars.

Bowie, I don't like those versions of the R12. The rusty one is horrible (the model). In fact it looks much better rusty like that than it did new.

COL as far as I know the suspension is pretty much the same, isn't it? Except for the roll bars.

Nice.
I'd also be curious to see the effects of the R17 anti roll bars as they shift roll stiffness not just absolutely but relatively more to the rear.
Also: a change of tyres & playing around with tyre pressures ought to bring beneficial changes.
Certainly, over the 20 years I had (serially) a pair of Virage wagons, these variables made a lot of difference.

That 25mm rear bar was the best thing I ever did to my 12. So so so good.

nah, sold it with the rest of the stuff after moving into the apartment.

Renault 12 barn find (more of a paddock find). Note the blue A310 shell that comes into short as the R12 is driven away. I wonder what else is hidden away there?

R12 GORDINI des Frères MARREAU

They were part of the rich moments of the first Dakar. A record never equaled, 8 days 22 hours and 28 minutes, the CAP-ALGER Raid.

We exclusively present to you the R12 Gordini of the period driven by the MARREAU brothers