For Renault 12 fans

Actually that sin't too bad. Not overdone, quite tasteful.:2cents:
Interesting that he has 3 stud wheels too! They are 13'' by his bio also.
Keeps another old Renault on the road!!:D

For the R12 Fans

Does anyone know this one:

Being RHD, the clear blue sky, and corrugated iron/Zincalum sheds I'm guessing this is in Aus/South Africa/Rhodesia somewhere. The seemingly total lack of any provision for a hood would probably exclude UK or NZ. (I believe they have what's known as 'rain' in UK/NZ). Were R12's sold in any other RHD markets.

renault-12_green_chopped.jpg

Methinks there would need to be some serious reinforcing to the chassis/floor to stop the car bending in the middle. The door gaps are even so the chop would appear to be done correctly.
A soft-top or hard-top would be nice though.

Cheers
RTT

RTT, the convertible is not ZA or Rhod, as too much tin work on the sheds. Most sheds were brick or poles with a tin roof.

Ray

One less 12XL around the place, an Aussie 12 looking like an extra from Death Proof with its lobotomiesque treatment of the header rail and token roll bar.

It reminds me of the fleet of rental Renault 10s around Darwin years ago that were also given the gas-axe treatment.

Don't worry RTT, it should be able to keep going if it does break in half :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udO6hEQP1to

Yes you can keep going but having no fuel tank might severely limit the range.
The R12 might be frugal with petrol consumption but the carby bowl isn't 30 litres.
Besides, it would be illegal, there's nowhere to hang the number plate.

Cheers
RTT

One less 12XL around the place, an Aussie 12 looking like an extra from Death Proof with its lobotomiesque treatment of the header rail and token roll bar.

It reminds me of the fleet of rental Renault 10s around Darwin years ago that were also given the gas-axe treatment.

Well Aussie it is then.
They seemed to have gone to a lot of trouble to close-off the cuts on the header rail and B & C pillars, and remove the window frames from the doors. M
aybe it's one of those 'resort cars' and there's a high-rise resort and beach just out of shot.
Or left over from the last Mad-Max movie (or hoping to get an appearance in the next one).

Does anyone know this one:

Being RHD, the clear blue sky, and corrugated iron/Zincalum sheds I'm guessing this is in Aus/South Africa/Rhodesia somewhere. The seemingly total lack of any provision for a hood would probably exclude UK or NZ. (I believe they have what's known as 'rain' in UK/NZ). Were R12's sold in any other RHD markets.

View attachment 98958

Methinks there would need to be some serious reinforcing to the chassis/floor to stop the car bending in the middle. The door gaps are even so the chop would appear to be done correctly.
A soft-top or hard-top would be nice though.

Cheers
RTT

Some years ago when I was selling a poo brown 16TL auto (which ended up in Vic) a chap came looking, and he told me of a Renault collection that he was accumulating, and were gathered together on his property somewhere in the South East of the state but maybe even as close as Meningie.
From what I recall, I reckon this might be part of that collection. (But I could be wrong)

'Silly'? No one said it was silly.
Anyway, the Dacia even with a turbo might be trying to punch above it's weight that race.
A very ambitious try but it did come a credible second.

It looks like a Fuego push rod engine? (@37s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLJ6oZoT78

But how modern does it look with late model bumpers :p

@55s, I don't remember there being that much room. Looks like the standard rear trailing arms are used too

@1:46s, Ah it makes sense with more metal.

That was a great project to read about.

And who's is/was this Virarge Wooo Hoooo!

55912b5fb6c9359d7aa5b7d84eccb96d--renault--.jpg