Coolant Question

Regarding seeking support from Peugeot (Australia) I wouldn't leave it too long....

I will get on it asap I just realised mine was just a 3 year warranty batch despite bought brand new I know the ones after mine all came with 5 years again I was the receiving end of a very dud deal I mean who even buys any car that only carries a 3 year warranty in the twenty twenties or close to it...sigh would a 3 year warranty make it less legit?

Last edited:
I will get on it asap I just realised mine was just a 3 year warranty batch despite bought brand new I know the nes after mine all came with 5 years again I was the receiving end of a very dud deal I mean who even buys any car that only carries a 3 year warranty in the twenty twenties or close to it...sigh would a 3 year warranty make it less legit?

I'd try anyway. Regardless of the warranty at the time, that component should not fail in 40,000 km. Peugeot will want the defective part I'd expect, btw.

shoot I will say I left it at the place that replaced it I have the itemised invoice and they are authorised Peugeot service centre but had recently decided they no longer find it serve their business needs I was told Peugeot charge them a fee so that they can put oh we are Peugeot service centre another thing heard too was the cap price service. It appears authorised service centres are not happy with the cap price service but must accept it anyways. The promise of high foot traffic but you must honour our cap price service did not eventuate the high foot traffic that is. I was told what the actual pricing should have been higher much, if not for cap price service. As these are not dealers they have no retail or parts sale mark up to make up for the cap price service shortfalls plus service centres unlike dealers get zero free marketing by HQ, they've got to make their money somehow so after all those cap prices they honoured all these years even after they decided to drop off the authorised bit, suddenly they come up with this...

Last edited:
My understanding is that service centres and dealers have to pay for the privilege of accessing the manufacturer's computer servers and tech data.

Capped priced dealer servicing has always seemed to be on the expensive side to me.

quick question, that 'contact us' in HQ website does not allow you to write history of the world does it? It only allows a short poetry ( usually full of praises and compliements ) like most other very customer caring organisations right?

quick question, that 'contact us' in HQ website does not allow you to write history of the world does it? It only allows a short poetry ( usually full of praises and compliements ) like most other very customer caring organisations right?

I've never used it, just found it! I'd use it to ask whom to contact personally to discuss a claim over a part failure that seems premature but out of warranty. Keep the sentences short btw.

well it seems u can write fairly long I had like 3/4 of a page. I then got a prompt reply the next day saying they will investigate the matter they did ask for vin and the service centre but not invoices and I did attach the photos. Now fingers legs hands hair and eye brows all crossed for a nice outcome.

That's an encouraging start. I had success years ago with a careful approach and, more recently, over a defective and expensive switch that I fitted 8 months after purchase.

not quite, the reply today upset me so much I had to let it out, we'll have to see how this pans out. Why are car dealers car manuafacturers car service places, car finance, car loans car insurances such con? Why are they littered with such a bad rep? Is it a case of 'I dare you' won't take me to court syndrome? Or is it because customers are easy to bully when they do not have knowledge in vehicles? or is it the entre industry just needs more oversight and regulation?
Never have I felt more likely to be conned with vehicles than with any consumer products, apart from banks
Never have I felt I could not believe a single word that comes out of the mouth of anyone dealing with vehicles than any other consumer products, apart from banks

Last edited:
Thanks Armidillo

meanwhile I think it went like this in response to seasink, I must say the prices looked reasonable compared to what I paid this time. Oh well, this time with the coolant issue, oddly they seemed to even have the part but as members say this is a known issue so maybe that's why this part was stocked. I am gathering my thoughts to write to HQ I don't have the part with me anymore ( well I never really took the part with me at all, nor was it offered ). Just the photo. But then if this is already a known issue then there really isn't that much to talk about.

I was wondering where do you find the engine code without looking at the engine can you find it in any paperwork? The other thing is touch up paint, where can u get it inexpensively?

absolutely love the huge responses on the touch up paint thanks to members for all the wonderful suggestions!

Happy Anzac Day Palo Verde, With the information from you being clear that the considerable quantity of top up water has mixed with the original coolant and that the level is not dropping quickly it becomes obvious that the leak was/is a slow one and was therefore probably only one that happened as a result of the engine becoming warm whilst in use. What usually happens with slow rate leaks on a warm/hot engine is that the water component turns to steam which does not, of course, drip and the colouring of the coolant dries and leaves a detectable stain as evidence of where the leak is.
It is of no significance as to whether your car is parked under a tree as far as the coolant leak is concerned. My comment about having any trees was perhaps a bit cryptic in that I was referring to the 'user name' chosen by you. I'd rather like to see if I could grow one.!! cheers

And I thought you meant the trees where I parked my car near...yes I used to live in the great state of Arizona, and over there, the Palo Verde grows and so does the Joshua tree, I always thought that was just a made up name for U2 to sing but it is actually a tree that grows in Arizona. Those were the days I will never forget living in the deserts of Arizona, where summers are 120 degrees farenheit and the animals are strange looking because they have to adapt to the heat. The only thng I can see is similar living in Phoenix and Sydney is the red back spider over there they call it the black widow and they are the exact same spider and it is just everywhere in phoenix I remembered once using a public phone in Phoenix and there were black widow spiders just nesting in the phone booth. They are not aggresive so long as you don't disturb them they leave you alone, just like the red backs here. Oddly they don't sell Peugeot in America. The interesting thing about the Palo verde trees in Phoenix is the bark of the tree is green not brown like most trees and the flowers of the trees are edible! and the name Palo verde is very common in Arizona , very generic.

Last edited:
not quite, the reply today upset me so much I had to let it out, we'll have to see how this pans out. Why are car dealers car manuafacturers car service places, car finance, car loans car insurances such con? Why are they littered with such a bad rep? Is it a case of 'I dare you' won't take me to court syndrome? Or is it because customers are easy to bully when they do not have knowledge in vehicles? or is it the entre industry just needs more oversight and regulation?
Never have I felt more likely to be conned with vehicles than with any consumer products, apart from banks
Never have I felt I could not believe a single word that comes out of the mouth of anyone dealing with vehicles than any other consumer products, apart from banks

I didn't mean to suggest they rolled over immediately but we got there in the end. I think they covered the parts and I covered the labour as an out of warranty compromise.

that's precisely my narrative. There needs to be common sense that a part that is hidden from view and non moving not only should have warning if it was failing but they should not fail at such a short distance travelled over a span of almost 6 years

I didn't mean to suggest they rolled over immediately but we got there in the end. I think they covered the parts and I covered the labour as an out of warranty compromise.

I was wondering did you have all your services done at a so called authorized service Centre in which authorization can be obtained for a fee.

I was wondering did you have all your services done at a so called authorized service Centre in which authorization can be obtained for a fee.

Yes, dealer serviced in Perth from new. The heater radiator failed twice and was repaired in Adelaide on holiday once, revealing very poor dealer work in Perth. No more dealer servicing!! This was years ago mind you on our 306. But I did get some financial support when the first new one failed in less than one year, out of their 6 months parts warranty.

I remembered mine failed after just 7 months from new and it was towed just stopped in the middle of the road for nothing towed back they said nothing was wrong they found no fault offered no explanation and sent me on my way. It never happened again but then shortly after my service advised to swap to new battery so I suspect that was the fault. The paperwork I got was checked all system no issues found.

Unlikely the importer would do anything in the present climate. The car is well out of warranty and it's only a minor repair. Car companies can be generous if it suits but they can also take a hard line on out of warranty repairs. This is not the climate for generosity. The Peugeot import operation is bleeding red ink and the headquarters staff will be lucky to keep their jobs. If that's the only thing that goes wrong with the car you can consider it a good vehicle.

It's only a minor fault after six years, all sorts of vehicles have major failures you never hear about. When importers and dealers have major problems keeping afloat they wouldn't be bothered. The car is out of warranty. Peugeot France was tough on warranties but minor faults like this are handled by the selling dealer and the importer. Talk to the firm who sold you the car or contact the importer for a definite answer.