Coolant Question

in case members are wondering

this went nowhere. I simply do not have the time nor the resource to continuously fight these people for the price of the part only which when I looked at the invoice was not a significant portion of the fifteen hundred bill. In fact most of the monies went to labour.

so there you go : It is what it is - it's not the thingo but the hands that handles the thingo

Yes members thought this would be the end of the coolant saga for my 208 - but there's more to it that meets the eye.
So a brisk recap - members may have recalled back in March April this year - that my coolant appears to have disappeared vanished in thin air as there's no trace of any wet floor where I park - always. In fact you could sleep under my 208 with your face aligned right below the coolant and your face will be dry as paper the next day. However, I was told it was leaking. How it did that and how the needle did not point to over heat is a question that cannot be answered. Sufficed to say, it was lucky I was intuitive in listening to fan blows, you see my 208 fan never ever ever come on. I think I would have heard it 3 times since I owned it new in 14. I was beginning to think the fan was not even hooked up but hooked up it is. It just seemed to intuitively come on when it is time so it seemed in the space of 6 years that time was just 3 times.

Anyways if you scroll back, you will see yours sincerely had replaced a thingo which was not cheap. And that was April.

fast forward December 2020...the story continues...

I missed this thread originally, perhaps I was washing my hair, but I did want to add this.

I had a 406 V6 which decided to overheat on the M2 in peak hour. It turns out that the coolant bottle had a hairline split underneath. That meant that you could never see it from inspecting it, without removing it.

It did not really show up under a compression test because it only opened up when hot. It also meant that there was no trace because the hot water evaporated when it leaked out, there was no steady drip like there is with gonorrhea.

Maybe your coolant bottle was made on a monday or friday. These things happen.

As we can all see, the coolant, its reservoir and pipes etc is one feature that Peugeot is very strong at making - the rest of it is just ordinary. This is not isolated incidents, many members have complained about things to do with coolant directly or indirectly that had been giving grief. Maybe these thingos will do better in below freezing temperature like it is in France more times than in Australia will ever be.

Well I have not explained the whole story yet, will explain later - but needless to say, after another about $400 armed with a large bottle of premix Peugeot approved coolant now sits in the boot ready to be poured into thirsty dry reservoirs. This was after over twelve hundred hard earned dollars paid in April 2020 to fix coolant leaking issue with some pipes replaced...( admittedly that price also includes oil and filter )