Coolant Question

they've taken the kim jung ung hardlne approach, wanted me to bring it into a dealer to have it diagnosed at my cost despite it has already been fixed what is there to diagnose after it has been fixed?
wonder when I will be dragged to the live firing squad

they've taken the kim jung ung hardlne approach, wanted me to bring it into a dealer to have it diagnosed at my cost despite it has already been fixed what is there to diagnose after it has been fixed?
wonder when I will be dragged to the live firing squad

Especially after the failed component has been replaced! Can you get the failed one?

Trouble is, you are after goodwill without a lever and a fulcrum. I think without the failed component it will be difficult unless the repairer's invoice is a good one. You'd have to set your time against how much you might get out of their goodwill.....

I think the invoice description was rather clear I will have to call them to see if they have the part still thing is I don't even know if I need it so what is the point of calling when maybe I won't need it the chances are slim they did not already throw it out bear in mind this used to be their authorised service centre for years until a commercial decision in late 2016 they split that relationship, they are inferring oh this is now unqualified lousy not trusted , well then why on earth were they affiliated for umpteen years until late 2016 if they were so untrustworthy as conjectured?

Last edited:
Just that when they did come to the party for me, providing the defective part was a condition.

1 was the part replaced with a genuine item
2 the first point of goodwill starts at dealer level
3 your reasonable durability claim lies with the seller not the importer under accc law
4 if your service agent is telling you they are authorised but no longer part of the network they are lying to you.

It's not as if I deceived them or even contemplate I do have the invoice of the place that did it, I paid in full for it, this used to be their authorised service centre they decided over commercial reason to cut ties. I have been servicing at that same place since day zero when they were still affiliated no letters was sent to warn me hey stop going there don't say we didn't tell you. The ex authorised service centre ( circa late 2016) continued to honor Pug's cap price service despite they did not even have to, even stamped my book as per normal I just find the whole arrangement very convoluted they decided over commercial reasons to not affiliate themselves all this time did not think about their customers - if this is the way you do business it's no wonder you will never win new customers, I understand a lot have to do with fees HQ wants service centre to pay. the service centre I go to only do European cars like Jaguar Aston Range Citroen Renault they don't do anything else. To then say despite they were affiliated right until late 2016, ( and right until then we were still telling people to go there ) despite we did not tell you to stop going there oh we don't trust them take it to rip me off dealer down the road ( at your expense by the way ), that we believe -- this defies common sense I am sure anyone can see. Now that everything has been fixed they still want you to spend money at rip me off dealer to do a diagnosis at your expense - for what? there's no issue now. It's already fixed. Clearly they do not have the customer's best interest at heart. It' no wonder customers feel hard done by.

Last edited:
Again was the part genuine ,did you purchase the car from them ,if so reasonable durability would be in question here so whom ever sold you the car is legally liable to make good or replace. I’ve been in the network for a very long time and to many shit bag dealers try to palm off their responsibility to the importer.

It's not good to say names esp since the service centre is not to be blamed here. I have up to 5 years of no issues with them I find it hard to side with HQ that this was an unauthorised or no affiliated therefore we don't take their opinion of course the new part is Peugeot genuine part that's why my invoice was so high. Unlike Japanese cars you rarely see 3rd party vital parts for Pug here unless they are cosmetic parts.
Pug market here is so small it would be suicide to make 3rd party mechanical parts for Pug cars unlike say Yota

IMG_1588851051.560707.jpg

like I know what that part is, it's even hidden from full view it's like changing a battery for a 308 I understand it is a momentous task.
This is now after the fact so members know what it is and sipping ice tea it is easy to say here you go less than $200

when u go back to 3 weeks when it happened, I was in the middle of the road it was leaking I got to the service centre told geeze this needs to be replaced , Magically I acquired car mechanics knowledge know exactly what part where it fits how it fits , then Oh let me just go ahead and drive this leaking coolant tank home order this on the internet wait for this to arrive despite covid 19 less flights then clear customs then I will bring that part to you so u can charge me labour which I will have a clear idea exactly how much time is needed to put this, somehow my little 208 will manage whilst I am waiting 4 to 5 weeks for the part to arrive and nothing will happen then. How about I consult my goose that lays the golden eggs

These pictures telling me how much a non pug part costs etc are non realistic scenerios for me.

how about a more realistic scenerio which is I know nothing I have been told it needs to be fixed it is leaking pay up or get out.

Last edited:
You’re big issue is you want to get reimbursed for the repair I who am in the trade and an expert have asked you 3 or 4 times did you buy the car from the same place that repaired it you have not answered that under Australian consumer law if that is classed as a major failure and not reasonably durable then the seller ie dealer who sold you the dam car is liable to make good or replace. So in plain English the seller of the car must fix it for free. You btw brought up aftermarket parts I just gave two examples jeeze trying to help you here .

You should have an issue with the service centre they did not do things correctly. Don’t think they are doing you a favour doing cap price service still they have quite a margin in that.

no the place I bought is not the place I service the place I bought is too far away from home but there's another story behind why I stay clear from them more to do with level of service my money does not stink and I don't pay people who do not give good service. So I decided to go elsewhere and I picked another place which is up until late 2016 was an authorised Pug service centre but like I say due to commercial reasons decided to part ways. so up until end of 2016, HQ was still sending sheeples to this place. Then Bam, we part ways so they are liars they are unqualified they are not authorised they are all the negative adjectives. You can't pull this on us don't you know when the clock struck 12 midnight to January 2017 this place became a nighmare on elm street for HQ not to be trusted somehow those who we have been telling to go to them before the clock struck midnight from 2016 to 2017 you're on your own peeps.

Really? Is it that simple I have more faith in the law

HQ is tryng to blame the place that I service my Pug as 'unqualified' as an excuse out of their responsibility for a failed part, but they do it in a subtle indirect way by constantly referring to the fact that we are no longer affiliated since late 2016. I find this behavior rather patronising and irresponsible.

If this part was the only biggest nighmare for HQ to pitch in some for its failure then I think they have had a really good run, an absolute properous work day.

They needn't make it so difficult for me as i was not asking for the moon like some people, like I said they had a good run if I was the most difficult client they ever face since lego was invented.

Last edited:
I service my 208 at another place independent of where I bought however it was a recommended authorised Pug servie centre right up till late 2016 they part ways due to commercial decisions. Then that is when the exocist showed up.

They kept blaming the so called 'authorized service centre' despite without any logic they want me to ( after all is fixed with genuine replaced Peugeot part ) bring my 208 to a dealership pay at my expense for the dealership to diagnose a non existent problem. There is no point in that. The problem was fixed money was paid invoice was generated. We all know the place I bring my 208 was an authorized service center until a commercial decision to part ways in late 2016. Bought mine new in 14 since day zero have serviced it at the same place even continuously used the cap price vouchers for the 5 years continuously. As you know the cap price service prices is by no means K mart, it is a price that HQ feels is fair. They themselves set the price named the places and I went to the place they named and now they keep insisting you have not been to a dealership have you? We now want you to go to a dealership at your expense to have them look at something that was already fixed, check the work and then you pay up and then we still did not say we are happy to take responsibility for a non moving part that failed at 41,000 km despite you did all the book service at one of what used to be our recommended authorised service centre if not for a commercial decision to part ways in late 2016 so now suddenly they are in our not so good books everything they do past midnight when the clock ticked over to 2017, we can no longer trust what they say or do.

As Tony Abbott used to say, 'treating people like mugs'

The phrase they use in the email was 'not in a position to assist as an authorized Peugeot Dealership did not get the opportunity to diagnose your vehicle'

The question to ask is what was there to diagnose after the problem was resolved and the part replaced?

Wasn't that absolutely treating customers like idiots?

I remember vaguely was not there a law that says you absolutely do not have to do your service at a dealer and it will not affect any of your rights as a consumer under consumer protection law. You do however have to follow what the book says, Which I did and better still I even did it at a place they recommended until they decided to part ways with the very place they recommended.

They kept insisting and blaming me for not being ripped off the last 5 years at a dealership so therefore their parts for some reason should not have come with any quality and reliability. That's only true if you go to dealerships for service. They make it sound like dealerships are the only place that does good work. Everybody else may as well close shop and go bankrupt.

You'd be lucky if your car is not touched by apprentices at the dealership, this place I go to does not have apprentices.

Last edited: