Come Race Your Frenchy! 18/2, SMSP

For those that may be worried about bringing "modern" vehicles, rest assured.

They tell me there are a couple of '2000 year S Type Jags, a '1997 Civic, one dude is bringing his '2017 McLaren, a E36 BMW and someone has a BA Typhoon Falcon because, well it's about having fun.

And that's going to be mixed with Toranas, Sunbeams, Reno's, Brabhams, MGB's and Mini's!

Your 206 / 306 / 406 / Xsara / Xantia / C2 / Kangoo / Clio / Megane are going to be fine :)

Come play :)

Last edited:
Reactions: COL
Woo Whoo!! I best tell our resident MG nerd, he wax's lyrical about those things, and incidentally took the buckets out of a ZR and installed them in a Nissan ute, after he fitted a 2J, but that's another story..

We are quickly becoming a mean posse'

Ren 8 - Busta
Ren 12 - Bowie
Ren Clio - Mat205
Pug 205 - Cam85 (@cam85 you are bringing that street rego'd 205 of yours?)
MG ZR - Baldrick56

Gasp! we need a Citroen. Someone bring a BX and we can make jokes about it jumping over the tyre wall on pit entry.

But heck, how cool would it be to see a DS getting about the place Oohlalal!
Hey, Bowie......... I too own an MG (a REAL one) in the form of an exCalifonian 1977 'B'Type. I think the third wiper blade adds about 000.0001
wind drag coefficient. How do I solve that and what sort of nerd does it make me? 🧔🏻🚗💨💨💨

Please Note - That event is not the type of event scheduled for Thursday 18th Feb. The event on Thursday is promoted by the Historic Sports and Racing Car Association (HSRCA). Because of his experience in running Eastern Creek Track days, the HSRCA has contracted James Stewarts Company "Driving Solutions" to run the event.

It is NOT one of the usual track night events.

Is you Britty that MG ZR in your sig? Heel Yeeeeeah. Bring that!

Second Bustamif's points, you would be looking at at least ~$350 to buy something new, but then I suppose you are set providing your head doesn't grow :p

[/URL]
Well, lads it appears to me self evident that the size of Baldrick's 'noggin' is going to depend on how far in front and how often he achieves that!
Pity the ZR isn't a real MG though Baldrick......... Thus one hat may well be enough ,although I am morally obliged to support team "God Save Lizzy' I suppose. 🇬🇧👍 Anyway, 'Poubelle' helps save my soul .

Hey, Bowie......... I too own an MG (a REAL one) in the form of an exCalifonian 1977 'B'Type. I think the third wiper blade adds about 000.0001
wind drag coefficient. How do I solve that and what sort of nerd does it make me? 🧔🏻🚗💨💨💨
Three wiper blades! that's a lot!

You should enter it in the track night and if it rains, you will clearly have superior forward visibility! :p

I had another sneak peek (accurate as of Sunday) at the entry list.. Peugeot's whats going on, there are more Sunbeams then you at the moment. Do you want sunbeams to be cooler then you? Your Gti's are cool. Come play!

Also I have some inside gossip too, someone high up on the HSRCA committee is a Frenchy, and quote..

"..wish I still had my Renault Megane R26 F1"

*Gasps!*

Speaking of MG nerds, actually I'll have to come back to this, I was going to give you a sneak peek at cool cars entered but I've lost access to my emails.. Hmmmm.

@Armidillo, Yes Bustamif is right, although similar in activity, one wont be sharing the track with crazy young kids in Lambo's. HSRCA are working to make it as easy and friendly to new timers as possible, and the reality is the majority of cars entered are prior 1980.

But let it be known, with how those cars are driven in that article, confident an old geeser in a bog standard diesel 206 would be posting faster lap times then those kids.

Come play everyone! I've given the Reno more advance, and I'll be swapping out the air correctors tomorrow (feels rich), might even get flames out the straight pipe when I down change. Ooooooh.

Last edited:
Flames???? I had them three months ago with a short from frayed wiring in the steering column.Had to get a sparky to do a re-wire behind the dash....
I always knew the 203 was hot but, I mean to say! 🔥

So no chance to get on circuit and practicing {walking around the old Catalina Park here in Katoomba doesn't count :unsure: }, but I did a 'diagonal' tyre swap on the ZR at the weekend borrowing the 'spacesaver' from wife's Honda to make it easier {there's no spare in the ZR - just a can of crazyfoam}.
Regards,
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1444.pdf
    145.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1445.pdf
    247.9 KB · Views: 128
Well, lads it appears to me self evident that the size of Baldrick's 'noggin' is going to depend on how far in front and how often he achieves that!
Pity the ZR isn't a real MG though Baldrick......... Thus one hat may well be enough ,although I am morally obliged to support team "God Save Lizzy' I suppose. 🇬🇧👍 Anyway, 'Poubelle' helps save my soul .
Alternatively if I get lapped for the fifth time while only four laps in it may seem to the casual observer that I've been hobnobbing with the headshrinkers :ROFLMAO:

Gawd!!!! 🤮 Don't those 'space saver' spares look bloody awful?
'Night chaps. Have to find the cat and put Poubelle to bed!
"Rule Brittania" if that is what it must come to. 🧐

You'll be fine Bladrick! :)

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get some little flags made up in time.

All right you MG nerds, what can I see here;

'63 MGB
'67 Midget
'71 MGB
'72 MGB
'72 Midget
'2005 ZR160 (I wonder who that could be)

Perhaps you like Italians?

'70 Alfa 1750 GTV
'71 Alfa 1750 GTV
'72 Alfa 1750 GTV
'83 Alfa GTV6
'2015 Alpha 4c
'2007 Maserati Grand Sport

There's a few English things rego'd alright...

'61 Lotus Elite
'62 Sunbeam Alpine
'62 Morris Cooper 997
'63 Sunbeam Alpine
'64 Mini Cooper S (x3)
'65 Sunbeam Tiger
'66 Austin Healy Sprite
'66 Brabham BT-18
'68 Brabham BT-21
'69 Triumph GT6 Mk2
'75 Jaguar D Type (replica)
'88 Jaguar XJS
'1999 Jaguar S-Type
'2001 Jaguar S-Type
'2017 McLaren 675LT

There going to be plenty to look at alright. And to think! You could be on the track with them! Get your Frenchy out here already!

Seeing a big ol' S-Type Jag hooning around will be a treat! Like I imagine when an investment banker is late to the ballet, reckon those v8's will sound cool under full noise.

There's a heap more, (gaggle of Torana's, couple of Mustangs, Chargers, VK Commodore) and there are a couple of Rennmax's rego'd Heck!

But what am I excited for?

'60 Porsche 365
'2002 Lexus IS200

Bloody love these things. Reckon the Lexus is one of the nicest looking sedans. Just the right size, not massive and just filled with Toyota nerd goodness. And the Porsche, geee's something about those bathtubs. Reckon they would look great next to a 12, what a weird dream garage I have :S

ANYWAY! Bring your Frenchy and we can show these Poms (no offense Baldrick) whats what!

Last edited:
I cant make it due to moving house. A new radiator drip needs address also.
Have fun folks.

it is now sold out so there are 2 of us in a 206 gti 180 thar won't be running now unfortunately
sold out, oh bugger!

Wait the website still says there are ~36 spots left? They might have opened another session / refunded the open wheelers? "shrugs" looks like you can still get in should you wish :)

@cam85 Moving house is the worst! Good luck :S

It is indeed. Moving overseas which makes it even more of a headache! Lucky Im packing the 205

The list of starters arrived today, about 20 cars in our group which includes 2 Sunbeam Alpines, a Sunbeam Tiger and a couple of Afla GTV 1750's. There is also a D Type Jag replica and to spice things up a 2019 Ford Mustang and 2010 Nissan GTR. My money is on the MG ZR, with freshly rotated tyres.

The list of starters arrived today, about 20 cars in our group which includes 2 Sunbeam Alpines, a Sunbeam Tiger and a couple of Afla GTV 1750's. There is also a D Type Jag replica and to spice things up a 2019 Ford Mustang and 2010 Nissan GTR. My money is on the MG ZR, with freshly rotated tyres.
Hmmmmm,
the tricky bit is I'll be needing some tread left to get home on :confused:

Good to see a 206 GTi 180 on that list too! ;) Ahhh yeaaaaah. It looks like we ended up all in the same group, ah this will be fun.

For those of you playing at home, we ended up with a, R8, R12, MG ZR, and a mighty Pug 206. There is some nice symmetry in that.

And don't stress Robin, the short circuit really is polite compared to the full circuit. Gonna be fun! :D