Come Race Your Frenchy! 18/2, SMSP

Hmmm, tempting but I'm not sure my Frenchy is the right horse for this course, might have to bring the Britty. Only other problem is don't have a helmet {assuming a construction, bicycle or canoeing one won't cut it here!} - they kind of look expensive, how much are they? guess seconhand's a bad idea for these? - anywhere you can rent them just for the day?
Thanks, Rob

I believe that COVID has recently put a stop to helmet hire. The driving solutions promoter has some links to helmet suppliers websites. Best bet would be to find a mate willing to lend you a suitable helmet.

Is you Britty that MG ZR in your sig? Heel Yeeeeeah. Bring that!

Second Bustamif's points, you would be looking at at least ~$350 to buy something new, but then I suppose you are set providing your head doesn't grow :p

Hmmm, tempting but I'm not sure my Frenchy is the right horse for this course, might have to bring the Britty. Only other problem is don't have a helmet {assuming a construction, bicycle or canoeing one won't cut it here!} - they kind of look expensive, how much are they? guess seconhand's a bad idea for these? - anywhere you can rent them just for the day?
Thanks, Rob
Rob, where are you based. I have several older helmets you can borrow that have not been worn during the Pandemic period. Also depends on your head size

Rob, where are you based. I have several older helmets you can borrow that have not been worn during the Pandemic period. Also depends on your head size
Thanks Parry,
I live in Katoomba, Blue Mountains (but am in Sydney cbd most weeks for a day or two), head size tending towards the larger :LOL:

Woo Whoo!! I best tell our resident MG nerd, he wax's lyrical about those things, and incidentally took the buckets out of a ZR and installed them in a Nissan ute, after he fitted a 2J, but that's another story..

We are quickly becoming a mean posse'

Ren 8 - Busta
Ren 12 - Bowie
Ren Clio - Mat205
Pug 205 - Cam85 (@cam85 you are bringing that street rego'd 205 of yours?)
MG ZR - Baldrick56

Gasp! we need a Citroen. Someone bring a BX and we can make jokes about it jumping over the tyre wall on pit entry.

But heck, how cool would it be to see a DS getting about the place Oohlalal!

Last edited:
Yes just a road car this time. Its heading off to the US with me in a few months and its been decades since taking one to the track for a bit of fun so lets see.
Cam

hehe!

Nice to meet you! And sorry I disappeared, I needed fuel, and crap, and then it broke after it's first session!

Oh, another client runs a regular SuperSprint on a Thursday. I confess it's open to the younger kids so you may not like it :p Lots of EVO's, a few Supra's some of those new yarris, actually you can see here; (actually it's not that bad at all, lost of dudes getting on track for first time, good stuff. Groups are generally pretty small with this guy, he keeps track density real low. nice).

SprintResults.jpg

lol Yep, there I am, hanging at the bottom with my 1m33s. Annoyingly I've done a 1m31 before, not sure why I sucked so much tonight. been a while I suppose.

Oh why it broke, coming over a right hander it's like the spark broke down, it felt like running out of fuel but it returned to idle.. and then it wouldn't rev like all the vacuum escaped. I got it in the back gate and steam was pouring of the inside brake, not being able to cool it down and stopping must have sucked, poor thing, I must change that pad one day...

Anyway back in the shed, she wouldn't even turn over. Could the battery be stuffed? on charge and yep, charger nearly didn't want to know about it, but then I'm like whats gong on, the alternator is still working (maybe) since when did you need a battery to drive around :S I don't know.

fiddling with trying to get it to start idle I brake the throttle cable.

You idiot Bowie.

Not only that but the retainer on the firewall, the plastic clips broke and there is nothing holding the outer sheath.

OH COME ON!!!

Bizarrely, I had a spare cable terminator in my junk as it was going to make the emergency pull battery release a bit nicer, it was a perfect fit for the fire wall, threaded rod, hollowed to retain the outer sheath and nuts and washers on either end. I'm back in business, just in time for the final session of the night :ROFLMAO:

Just think how much fun you could have with your DS if you enter for this HSRCA event.

Oh and @BIGRR you turn up with this lovely Red 205, clearly you need to come keep @cam85 company with his! Get yourself organized, you will have a ball like, and I promise you won't tip yourself backwards into the wall at Amaroo.

Last edited:
I expected Bowie would be practicing so I took the old 40 year old car out for a run on some old tyres to learn the short track layout. The guys in front were using new race tyres and tyre warmers etc so I was happy to do a 1.08 after a few laps then went home for lunch while the others tried more new tyres.

Thursday will be slower with the 50 year old road car just for a bit of fun.

Attachments

• TRI210A.jpg
    TRI210A.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 140
I expected Bowie would be practicing so I took the old 40 year old car out for a run on some old tyres to learn the short track layout. The guys in front were using new race tyres and tyre warmers etc so I was happy to do a 1.08 after a few laps then went home for lunch while the others tried more new tyres.

Thursday will be slower with the 50 year old road car just for a bit of fun.
You might be a bit pissed off in your Hurracan with a Subaru STI right up your clacker!

The Hurracan was very fast down the straight. I had to come onto the straight with a good exit and the nose under his rear wing to get a slipstream then pull out on the inside into T1, my ears are still ringing from that sound from the Lambo.
One of his crew was later filming the inside of my car with his phone and asked where the paddle shift was and if it had power steering. He could not understand what was happening because I went past really fast then pulled away, then I explained that we did not need that driver aid stuff 40 years ago.

These track days and club events are great opportunities to genuinely compare different cars in a real world situation.

I was driving a Chev Powered Group C car from the 1980's, not a Porsche and not the STI

Last edited:
hehe!

Nice to meet you! And sorry I disappeared, I needed fuel, and crap, and then it broke after it's first session!

Oh, another client runs a regular SuperSprint on a Thursday. I confess it's open to the younger kids so you may not like it :p Lots of EVO's, a few Supra's some of those new yarris, actually you can see here; (actually it's not that bad at all, lost of dudes getting on track for first time, good stuff. Groups are generally pretty small with this guy, he keeps track density real low. nice).

View attachment 130354

lol Yep, there I am, hanging at the bottom with my 1m33s. Annoyingly I've done a 1m31 before, not sure why I sucked so much tonight. been a while I suppose.

Oh why it broke, coming over a right hander it's like the spark broke down, it felt like running out of fuel but it returned to idle.. and then it wouldn't rev like all the vacuum escaped. I got it in the back gate and steam was pouring of the inside brake, not being able to cool it down and stopping must have sucked, poor thing, I must change that pad one day...

Anyway back in the shed, she wouldn't even turn over. Could the battery be stuffed? on charge and yep, charger nearly didn't want to know about it, but then I'm like whats gong on, the alternator is still working (maybe) since when did you need a battery to drive around :S I don't know.

fiddling with trying to get it to start idle I brake the throttle cable.

You idiot Bowie.

Not only that but the retainer on the firewall, the plastic clips broke and there is nothing holding the outer sheath.

OH COME ON!!!

Bizarrely, I had a spare cable terminator in my junk as it was going to make the emergency pull battery release a bit nicer, it was a perfect fit for the fire wall, threaded rod, hollowed to retain the outer sheath and nuts and washers on either end. I'm back in business, just in time for the final session of the night :ROFLMAO:

[/URL]

Just think how much fun you could have with your DS if you enter for this HSRCA event.

Oh and @BIGRR you turn up with this lovely Red 205, clearly you need to come keep @cam85 company with his! Get yourself organized, you will have a ball like, and I promise you won't tip yourself backwards into the wall at Amaroo.
I did not realize that main straight was so long, until I listened to your film :) . I have a great phone clip of you here, no idea how to post it.

That 12 would never beat me, I arrived a week early!! Ha Ha.

Nice to know I'm not the only cheater Chris :p

Ah for anyone whom is sitting on the fence, these sorts of events truly are accessible. You can, and your car will be fine! Not only, you'll have a ball :)

#Edit! And yes your 206's @cptdandan will be more then welcome. Although it's being run by the HSRCA they are not strictly anti modern, they seem to be all about getting new folks involved with racing with this event, if a 206 does that all the better!

Come play!

I've got a 2005 206 GTi 180 and Sydney based - considering signing up. 2005 Historic haha.
Renooooooh's
8 - Bustamif
10 - YOUR NAME HERE
12 - Bowie
15 - YOUR NAME HERE
16 - YOUR NAME HERE (can I have a go?)
17 - YOUR NAME HERE
Fuego - YOUR NAME HERE
Clio - Matt205
Megs - YOUR NAME HERE

PuGoooooooes
504 - YOUR NAME HERE (can I have a go?)
505 - YOUR NAME HERE
205 - YOUR NAME HERE
306 - YOUR NAME HERE
MI16 - YOUR NAME HERE (faster then a Xsara?)
GTI's - YOUR NAME HERE (you know 207,208,30? I've lost track of them all :S)

Cits
DS - YOUR NAME HERE (I double triple dare you!)
SM - YOUR NAME HERE (are there any of these around?)
CX - YOUR NAME HERE (just to pwn the DS)
AX - YOUR NAME HERE (how cool are these things)
BX - YOUR NAME HERE
Xantia - YOUR NAME HERE
Xsara - YOUR NAME HERE (Fastest Frenchy?)
C's - YOUR NAME HERE

Entry is pretty cheap, and I reckon some of you have had meals worth more then the entry price.

Come play on a Thursday night :D
I have a 206 GTi 180 - 2005 - considering signing up - sounds like fun! 2005 Historic - hmmm

Right, time for an update!

Ren 8 - Busta
Ren 12 - Bowie
Ren Clio - Mat205
Pug 205 - Cam85
Pug 205 - BIGRR (come on! you can do it! :)
Pug 206 - Andy81
Pug 206 - cptdandan
MG ZR - Baldrick56

Bit sad the Cit's among us can't present a champion. tsk tsk. Come one, sort yourself out! :p