C3 failed Injector and running on 3 cylinders.

Hi fellas. I really think you've got Buckley's trying to get things repaired out of warrranty.I can't even get my new (5 month) old car running properly under warranty.From what I hear The PSA 1.4 litre engine we get in this country has injector problems.Like GibGib I used to be an unofficial Citroen ambassador,but not anymore.We tend to think that because the cars are (were) so good that the distributor/dealers would be good too.Not in my experience. Wal

Have got a letter ready for ATECO will be sent shortly. Will keep everyone updated soon.

Stick it up ém Daniel.I wish you luck,but sadly from my experience you're going to need a lot more than luck. Been there before,Wal

A question Daniel,

When the injector was replaced due to contamination, did they drain and flush the fuel tank or replace the fuel filter due to suspected contaminated fuel. Is this recorded on the bill/worksheet?

XM Mechanic said:
A question Daniel,

When the injector was replaced due to contamination, did they drain and flush the fuel tank or replace the fuel filter due to suspected contaminated fuel. Is this recorded on the bill/worksheet?

i still find contamination a weird response

why only a single injector ?

would not all 4 have been suspect if the fuel was contaminated ?

This is exactly what i have asked ATECO. Im still waiting for a reply to my letter?:disappr:

Found this on another site. I still think your problem is with the dealer, not Ateco.

Barry.

---------------------------8<---------------------------------
I have previously reported a problem with the gearbox on my C5 V6
Exclusive. At 1500 rpm the gearbox would emit a grinding noise which
got worse over time. Above or below 1500 rpm there was no problem.
This occurred over the Christmas holiday so I had to wait until
Australia woke up from its Christmas sleep. I then took the car to
the dealer and they in turn called in the Citroen agents who
diagnosed the problem as a faulty torque converter. A new torque
converter was immediately ordered from France and yesterday, three
weeks later, it was fitted, under warranty, and I now have a very
quiet car again.

In all, the dealer's and agent's response was quick and friendly
with the problem being rectified as quickly as possible.

Stuey there was no mention on the invoice of draining the tank or flushing...:cry:

danielsydney said:
Stuey there was no mention on the invoice of draining the tank or flushing...:cry:
Hmmm, I think we can all smell a very big rat, can you? I don't think that rat is ateco either, but your dealer! john s

danielsydney said:

Was the fuel filter replaced? Had it collapsed and allowed the contaminants to make it to the fuel distribution manifold? ie. If the fuel filter is doing it job then no contaminants can make it to the injectors.
If they replaced the filter was it dirty?
I presume they didn't tell you any of these things. If you do still speak with them then maybe you can ask these things.

XM Mechanic said:
Was the fuel filter replaced? Had it collapsed and allowed the contaminants to make it to the fuel distribution manifold? ie. If the fuel filter is doing it job then no contaminants can make it to the injectors.
If they replaced the filter was it dirty?
I presume they didn't tell you any of these things. If you do still speak with them then maybe you can ask these things.

that's all well and good but no one has been able to state why contaminated fuel only affected one injector and not the others

i'm sure citroens aren't that far advanced from every other car in that they have serparate tanks for each injector which would also mean 4 filters so on and so on

so then dirty fuel would cause 4 injectors to play up not just one surely

smiffy1071 said:
Hmmm, I think we can all smell a very big rat, can you? I don't think that rat is ateco either, but your dealer! john s

As has been posted already, the dealer did act on direction from Ateco the importer. Admittedly the dealer could've handled some aspects of this a bit better, but in general they have to work within the parameters of the warranty set by the importer.

The dealership in questionable has serviced Sydney for a very long time and is a great supporter of the Citroen community, most recently putting up some merchandise at a recent AF event. They are generally a very good bunch of people. I certainly hope people aren't put off by this particular incident against this dealership, as I'm sure the others in Sydney are far from being much better.

I, too, am as perplexed as everyone as to why just one failed given the reasons. I eagerly await to hear their response.

GTI124 said:
The dealership in questionable has serviced Sydney for a very long time and is a great supporter of the Citroen community, most recently putting up some merchandise at a recent AF event. They are generally a very good bunch of people. I certainly hope people aren't put off by this particular incident against this dealership, as I'm sure the others in Sydney are far from being much better.

They seem to have a better reputation than a certain infamous Peugeot dealer in Sydney :D

Having said that, it's not the first time I've heard people having quibbles with this Citroën dealer. For example, anyone remember a certain crashed XM that was dumped there, because they didn't fix its unintended acceleration problem (ie. car just suddenly taking off at the lights, then into a wall, etc) after several attempts?

Justin Im waiting with baited breath. Im waiting until after Easter holidays then I will see what happens.
I will follow this letter up with a follow-on letter. I can keep this up for as long as it takes......:nownow:

Exactly.

Thanks to this dealer, Citroen holds the record of the oldest marque to be sold in Australia.

All of Citroen's success in Australia is due to this dealer and as you have already mentioned, they definitely are a great bunch of people, who take great pride in servicing and promoting the Citroen marque.

All the other dealers in Sydney don't even come close.

GTI124 said:

I, too, am as perplexed as everyone as to why just one failed given the reasons. I eagerly await to hear their response.

I think everybody's getting all too carried away with this one as it could almost be looked upon as sub judice' as there is an investigation going on I would imagine and nobody knows what result that will bring.
It could be that the dealer concerned, who regardless of his track record and previous history, may be totally exonerated and it could be that there are factors involved that we are unaware of. It could also be that the dealer may be doing things behind the scenes to resolve the problem, it may also be that the dealer couldn't give a stuff and has had a change of attitude towards customers in more recent times.
The main point is, that a customer feels wrongly done by and as such has attempted to reach a resolution; this has fallen on deaf ears it seems.
Contrary to some opinions expressed here, Daniel is not doing the wrong thing, he's doing the right one by following this through to a logical conclusion. If this dealer is half as good as some say, he should appreciate the fact that he has a chance to clear the air with this customer and a few others and in the process get an idea of what ATECO will and can do for customers in the future with a correct approach; something that seems to have not transpired in this case.
Without criticism of their business practices, most would go under if they were doing the wrong thing, nobody ever told them, and they continued in that vein. There seems to be a misguided opinion by some that there's this conspiracy to bring down dealers and repairers and nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is that if these guys lift their game, I and many others would be the first to give credit where it's due, however, when they keep hearing what great people they are and how well they're accepted by the community when they're not, is not only denying reality, it also isn't doing the dealers concerned any good either.
I'd prefer this topic was dropped until Daniel has some news as regards a decision from ATECO at which point it becomes fact and not supposition as to the attitude of both the dealer and ATECO.

Alan S :2cents:

It's a worry to hear that this dealership is coming under so much fire.If the so-called best is under question where does that leave the rest? Sadly,in my experience they are nowhere.I have years of Berlingo fuel injection problems,but still I persist with these cars.I don't know why-probably bloody mindedness.Too many times I've taken a malfunctioning car into franchised Citroen dealerships and been told it's running perfectly,or that I'm expecting too much from the car.I was even told in confidence by one service manager that I knew that from a list of a dozen Cits with driveability problems he had,they were having trouble fixing any of them.Any wonder there's not much confidence out there. Wal