C3 failed Injector and running on 3 cylinders.

Wal,

This is exactly why I hope and trust that this one is followed right through to its logical conclusion. All too often there are problems that are kept hidden from sometimes dealer principals, other times distributors by often well meaning employees or subordinates. They find out they have a problem long after it has grown from a small issue to a major drama and too late to rectify it. Often complaints get no further than the dealers and as such the distributor is not aware of the extent of some problems.
The Japs @ Toyota had the right idea many years ago when they sent a questionnaire out to all dealers asking for owners details, how their cars were running and if they were having problems. They based this on the hints that were filtering through regarding parts availability and as a result, we had to send a full report to head office on what was off the road, what it was waiting for, how long it had been waiting and the reasons given for the delay. They turned a bad reputation around overnight, but as I keep saying, they not only faced up to problems, they addressed them and this seems something our fellows seem incapable of doing or even considering.
If ATECO do the right thing and lay their cards on the table, people like yourself and Gerry should be looked after regardless of cost and time if they are looking at increasing their market, dealer network and long term plans of becoming a reasonably sized player in the Australian car market.
We have had good dealers in the past; Maxims had a good reputation as did the late John Cant and presently Euroservice which is operated by Jim Reddiex's son (ex Maxims) is good in Brisbane but to my knowledge no longer can do warranty work which makes you wonder why they'd be playing politics (an established custom in the car business) when they could be establishing a better reputation, :crazy: :crazy:

Alan S :cheers:

Absolutely Alan; If these dealers are treating loyall Cit buyers like this,God forbid what the average bloke is treated like. Wal

Lets hush-hush theis topic until after easter when hopefully Ill get a reply back. :nownow:

I know this one is supposed to be all hush hush however. We all seem to think that a 1 in 4 injector failure on a C3 is a problem and yes sure it is for the driver of the car. What, though is the probability of 1 injector in the millions that PSA use failing? I think everyone needs to rethink the numbers on this one. Oops!

DS said:
I know this one is supposed to be all hush hush however. We all seem to think that a 1 in 4 injector failure on a C3 is a problem and yes sure it is for the driver of the car. What, though is the probability of 1 injector in the millions that PSA use failing? I think everyone needs to rethink the numbers on this one. Oops!

Nobody has an issue with the failure, but on the numbers you quote all are agreed, so then why hasn't it been accepted as being what it is, faulty, and fixed as a warranty claim regardless of the age which was a fortnight outside the set period. (Had the car been bought on the 15th instead of the 1st it was warranty without question.)
That's the issue not the failure; the fact it failed but rather than admit to it, trying to blind the owner with bull$hit, that's the part causing all the consternation; where would he be if it was a transmission or faulty engine?

Alan S

In my experience a lot of Citroen dealers have a history of totally denying anything is wrong,untill the warranty has run out.Call me cynical,but I've owned (own ) 2 Berlingo (same engine as C3) with injector problems.Way two coincidental for me.----------Wal

Wal said:
In my experience a lot of Citroen dealers have a history of totally denying anything is wrong,untill the warranty has run out.Call me cynical,but I've owned (own ) 2 Berlingo (same engine as C3) with injector problems.Way two coincidental for me.----------Wal

Daniel,

Persist with this issue until you receive an emphatic no from Ateco. My 405 drivers window keeled over 2 weeks after the warrantly expired. Peugeot came paid half, so be open to negotiation.

Keep copies of everything and diarise/summarise your phone calls. You will need all of this if (God forbid) it happens again.

Regards
Andrew