BRISBANE. Bougth a 207 GTi lemon.

Hey Nom.

Thanks for sharing the info. I'll probably need those things done eventually.

For me its Same shit different day.
Actually... DIFFERENT shit EVERY day.
As of about 5 weeks ago, it was spluttering heavily only in the mornings and threw up P0087 low fuel pressure.
Its now every time I start it, even if its only been an hour, and getting worse. Throwing up same code as well as occasional lean P1336 to P1339 and a couple others associated which I cbf remembering.

So I'm thinking fuel pump.

You mentioned it is costly, do you have any idea how much? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller.

For those in Brisbane;

, nothing against Euroserve, but if I were to book it in to check timing, HPFP, ECU condition etc. Would I be better off going to Peugeotech?

Misfire is a common result of clagged up ports and valves. The air:fuel ratio is changed.

You paid top price. PSA dealers have a liquid solvent for cleaning the inlets. You spray it on and leave it to soak to soften the deposits. It can be bought as a spare part.
Lucas GDI has worked wonders for cleaning my cat. Dont know if you read my other thread but it completely cleaned a 50c size gunk. Thats visually conformation. Can't really say it improved actually cleaning intake valves, but its not for lack of trying as I used 2½ bottles spraying into the pre throttle MAF sensor bung

Dimi, if you have a spare hour or so to catch up and have a drive of French Lemon, give me your expert feedback, during the Christmas break that would be good.

Andy, I may have missed it in this extensive thread, but have you carried out a compression test? On a 2007 Peugeot 207 XT (non-turbo) that had covered 99k km, with a cold engine I got results from 198 to 205. This engine had a lot of carbon in it which may have boosted the figures.

No I haven't. I have mates with testers. Didn't even really occur to me that not all cylinders are balanced. Definitely pulls ok when it wants to so I'm hopeful the numbers are ok if not great.

Yeh this thread is getting out of hand and im very grateful for all the advice. Once my current fuelling issue is sorted I may start a new one and summarise

I must admit i have been following this but haven't read all 13 pages ,something that sticks with me though is it still ran with a tee shirt stuck in the air inlet ,a combustion engine needs air and fuel to run, so it has to be getting air from some where, surely ,i know the on again of again symptoms are a mystery ,but so is an engine that runs with no air

@Andy's first frenchie - having done it I can attest the HPFP is pretty straightforward to replace from a labour perspective. Access is good and there are plenty of good youtube instructional videos.

Don't forget your engine was shared with BMW/Mini and there are now tons of them out there that have been broken, fixed and process/parts improved as a result. You can buy a non OEM HPFP from some reasonable brands for less than $400 delivered. Just be prepared to search for the BMW parts number too and that will open up lots of alternatives you won't find it you just search the Peugeot part numbers.

I must admit i have been following this but haven't read all 13 pages ,something that sticks with me though is it still ran with a tee shirt stuck in the air inlet ,a combustion engine needs air and fuel to run, so it has to be getting air from some where, surely ,i know the on again of again symptoms are a mystery ,but so is an engine that runs with no air
The other end of the intake, where we stuck the shirt, wasn't on proper so letting a fair bit of air directly into airbox. Looks like a rubber grommet/gasket is missing as it was quite loose.

@Andy's first frenchie - having done it I can attest the HPFP is pretty straightforward to replace from a labour perspective. Access is good and there are plenty of good youtube instructional videos.

Don't forget your engine was shared with BMW/Mini and there are now tons of them out there that have been broken, fixed and process/parts improved as a result. You can buy a non OEM HPFP from some reasonable brands for less than $400 delivered. Just be prepared to search for the BMW parts number too and that will open up lots of alternatives you won't find it you just search the Peugeot part numbers.
So a very doable DIY if you're somewhat competent?
No special tools or bits?

I havent looked it up at all. Will do so over weekend. Yup I'm aware it's same engine as Mini and DS3

For those in Brisbane;

, nothing against Euroserve, but if I were to book it in to check timing, HPFP, ECU condition etc. Would I be better off going to Peugeotech?
Nothing against Euroserve either but they totally misdiagnosed my issue (or were just not that interested....) and the guys at Peugeotech found it straight away.

Nothing against Euroserve either but they totally misdiagnosed my issue (or were just not that interested....) and the guys at Peugeotech found it straight away.
Thanks Peter. I'll give them a go. It just sux that they're same distance north of city as I am south

So I've come to the conclusion which I assume a lot of you have already; Peugeot ECUs are ridiculously sensitive.
This arvo I swapped my "performance" Coil-on-pligs back to the original ones to check if my misfire/fuel surge issue could be ignition related.
The thing ran like it was in 2 cylinders. Without exaggeration, I had to floor it to do a U turn on a level road, from stationary.
I really really hate this car.

Good evening buoys and gulls.
In a nutshell, the car feels like its 1L naturally aspirated. Revs slow, has virtually no torque below 2,200RPM, and hillstarts in inclines cause anxiety. I have to rev to 3,000RPM semi dump the clutch and floor it. Not kidding.

Starts fine, idles smoothly, no untoward noises or smells, no CEL codes.

I apologise if I have posted this in the incorrect section, but I implore someone/people's help in diagnosing, and possibly fix.

Yes, I've spent a couple hours searching the net/YouTube and realise it can dozens of things. I've only done a simple check of engine pipes/hoses/wires and nothing is loose. Going to remove spark plugs tonight. Only had it for <36hours.

I live on Brisbane southside (Stretton) and willing to travel about 40km.

Thank you all in advance.

Andy.
Take it to these guys for a inlet valve walnut blast. They will also check all codes and advise.

Can you guys please confirm if there's an in-tank pump? I've only searched ebay and Amazon and have found in tank pumps for lower spec 207s but none foe GTi. Surely the HPFP isn't the only thing pumping fuel... so far away from the source.
Yes, it has a low pressure pump in the tank.

P0087 does suggest the HP pump. The low pressure pump needs to supply at 5Bar - check it before buying a new HP pump.

To amplify David's comment for P0087 - my PSA manual makes it clear that the rail pressure is being returned too low, below the set point.. That can only mean the pressure sensor or the HP pump. The latter is the more common.

There' not much with this engine that this site hasn't looked at or dismantled:

Some diagnosis hints are given.