504 to restore

I'm just down the road. Interested in Greg's instrument cluster also, if it's still available?

Indeed, but if it's spoken for, so be it. Happy to facilitate postage regardless if it helps.

Indeed, but if it's spoken for, so be it. Happy to facilitate postage regardless if it helps.
No, you take the instrument cluster. But I would love to get the steering wheel. Happy to pay for postage.

Hi Peugeot lovers. This is a big call, but is anyone able to pick up the 504 parts from Mount Evelyn for me? I'm happy to pay for postage (and for your time)

Yesterday involved moving the 504 and getting it up on jack stands so the wheels could be taken off and sent to get sandblasted. I also removed the instrument cluster and I'm going to replace the cracked screens. Aside from the screens, the cluster looks to be pretty decent.
wheels off.jpg
instrument cluster.jpg

Hey folks...Hoping someone may be able to help me. The "face of the cluster won't come free as it appears to be snagging on this piece only. I've tried to undo it, but it seems reluctant and I don't want to force it. Has anyone done this and have any tips on how to get it undone?
cluster 1.jpg
cluster 2.jpg

That is the rheostat.

The knob, which is not held on by a grub screw, etc, needs to be removed to allow removal of the rheostat.

Having been on the shaft for years, it may not be particularly easy to pull off, and may require a fair bit of force. Of course, you need to be mindful that the dash face is made of plastic.

That is the rheostat.

The knob, which is not held on by a grub screw, etc, needs to be removed to allow removal of the rheostat.

Having been on the shaft for years, it may not be particularly easy to pull off, and may require a fair bit of force. Of course, you need to be mindful that the dash face is made of plastic.
It's tighter than a fishs proverbial........

That is the rheostat.

Controls the brightness of the dash lights.

Thanks Graham. I've taken the bulbs out and I'm going to go to Jaycar and see if I can get LED replacements.

This is turning into a frustrating job. These bulbs just will not come out and I can't get the rheostat knob to budge. I picked the wrong decade to give up drinking........
dash bulbs.jpg

This may be of limited value, but at least it shows what you're dealing with. As mentioned earlier, you will need to use a fair bit of force to remove the rheostat button.

20240312_134737.jpg