504 to restore

Pugpete69

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Tadpole
504-1.jpg

I just picked up a 1976 504 TI on the weekend. So now the fun will start. Everything is there, it had just been a project that was started, but never completed.
504-3.jpg

Lot's of work, but what a 504 Ti is a great car, and not very common. I'm sure we will all look forward to your progress reports!

Thanks Peter. It's a bit of a labour of love. Dad had a 504 when we were growing up and I loved the car. I've been keeping my eye out for one for a while.

First thing on my wishlist is a steering wheel. It's got an aftermarket sports one on there now.

If you haven't already, consider joining the Peugeot Car Club in your state, presumably NSW. Aussiefrogs will be very helpful and sp would a PCC.

Thanks Peter. It's a bit of a labour of love. Dad had a 504 when we were growing up and I loved the car. I've been keeping my eye out for one for a while.
I was too short to reach the pedals on dad's 504. Now I want one too. 🤣

A couple more shots of the 504......

Attachments

• 504-2.jpg
    504-2.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 504-4.jpg
    504-4.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 178
Good luck. Can’t go past a healthy 110hp TI,
I learnt motorkhanas and auto crosses started at 12 in dads old London Sydney replica rally car (bob Watson wrote off) which was a ti with head work & lightened flywheel. Used to see and pull to 6500rpm on a regular occurrence, keep the front fuel filter clean as they restrict when getting dirty. Big bore exhaust manifold and they’re sweet as. Shame they never brought the 140hp versions to Australia please show us the progress we are all interested

Good luck. Can’t go past a healthy 110hp TI,
I learnt motorkhanas and auto crosses started at 12 in dads old London Sydney replica rally car (bob Watson wrote off) which was a ti with head work & lightened flywheel. Used to see and pull to 6500rpm on a regular occurrence, keep the front fuel filter clean as they restrict when getting dirty. Big bore exhaust manifold and they’re sweet as. Shame they never brought the 140hp versions to Australia please show us the progress we are all interested
140 hp version never existed except as a special rally kit.

Regans imported a kit in 74 but never used it. Parts of this turned up recently when they cleaned out the building next door. The cam has been copied.

Has anyone heard of a Peugeot paint colour code "Ghost Gum"? I assume it's just the white? I can't find any info online.

Yes it’s an earlyish 504 white. Forget the paint code. After that they called it Alpine white.
But sort of the same?