2004 407 V6 3.0l 6D 6 Speed Wont Start

It's located under the thermostat housing with black wiring connector with 2 wires. It's a little bit hidden. Mounted on gearbox (close to where the engine meets with gearbox). The circle on the attached pic is where the sensor is mounted.

Lion-King Monk
Thanks. have looked at the coupling there is some breakage, one side of the locking mechanism is missing but no bent pins all seems to be OK

It's located under the thermostat housing with black wiring connector with 2 wires. It's a little bit hidden. Mounted on gearbox (close to where the engine meets with gearbox). The circle on the attached pic is where the sensor is mounted.

Lion-King Monk
Have been able to disconnect the RPM sensor, spryed beth male and femal parts with CRC, a bit of the male plug's plastic needed to be superglued, will leave it out until tomorrow.
I noticed that you have some peugeot parts in the photo, do you happen to have the Engine Electric Harness for the V6 3.0l petrol engine if not are you able to point me in the right direction as to were I might get one??
Thanks

After clearing the codes, which ones remain?
Do you have comms with the ECU while the engine is cranking? If so, is your live data registering engine RPM during cranking?
When you move the accelerator pedal with the ignition on, does the throttle body follow smoothly? Does the physical position match what the live data is telling you?

After clearing the codes, which ones remain?
Do you have comms with the ECU while the engine is cranking? If so, is your live data registering engine RPM during cranking?
When you move the accelerator pedal with the ignition on, does the throttle body follow smoothly? Does the physical position match what the live data is telling you?
The BSI faults F98F Fog Light fuse and CBB3 Boot Fuse Box, these two maybe due to the fact that I disabled the boot light and have the front grill off, I was able to clear all of the other faults but I did not read the faults after that I took the engine speed sensor plug out cleaned it and put it back then cranked the engine not expecting it to start but it did.
Ran the Global test and got back 20 Engine Management faults plus many other faults, the engine ran rough, misfiring and acceleration was not smooth, when I foot my foot down it sounded like the engine was being choked, I am going to do the Fault testing again tomorrow after I clear the present ones.
I have not tested with the engine running, should I?

Lion-King Monk
Found it and removed same, cleaned it, sprayed with CSR

Also the engine started but ran very rough

The rough running of the engine caused the non start issue before.

On ES engines (especially ES9A & ES9J4S) & EW engines, too many faults on their engine ECUs or severe engine rough running, usually clash communications between their ECUs and Engine Speed Sensors. Disconnecting and reconnecting the engine speed sensors reinstate the communication and allow engine to start and run. There was no need for you to remove the sensor and the cleaning you did. Just unplug and plug back in.

You need to fix the rough running, otherwise the non start issue will happen again. Scan engine ECU with PP2000 (don't use any other scan tool). And fix what is causing the rough idle, misfire or rough running. Start by checking the fuel pressure (must be 50 psi at any of the 2 fuel rails).

Lion-King Monk

The rough running of the engine caused the non start issue before.

On ES engines (especially ES9A & ES9J4S) & EW engines, too many faults on their engine ECUs or severe engine rough running, usually clash communications between their ECUs and Engine Speed Sensors. Disconnecting and reconnecting the engine speed sensors reinstate the communication and allow engine to start and run. There was no need for you to remove the sensor and the cleaning you did. Just unplug and plug back in.

You need to fix the rough running, otherwise the non start issue will happen again. Scan engine ECU with PP2000 (don't use any other scan tool). And fix what is causing the rough idle, misfire or rough running. Start by checking the fuel pressure (must be 50 psi at any of the 2 fuel rails).

Lion-King Monk
Thanks for the information will see if I can do so, in the meantime I was able to cleared all faults and will try to attach later,

See attachements

Attachments

• IMG_20220729_0001.pdf
    442 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20220729_0002.pdf
    444.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20220729_0003.pdf
    437.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20220729_0004.pdf
    105.7 KB · Views: 80