2004 407 V6 3.0l 6D 6 Speed Wont Start

Zeus

Tadpole
Tadpole
While driving, a number of faults started to appear, underinflation, Cruise control stopped working, Engine Repair, Stabilisation problem, the the engine lost power and missfiring badly, just made it home and the engine cut out. I tried to restart the engine it cranked over as normal but will not start. So I scanned for faults with Diagbox 9.69 2004 MrRorry, following are the faults (all of them permanent).

ECU ME 747
PO121 - P1157 - P0201 - P0206 - P0203 - P0205 - P0202 - P0270 - P0081 - P0348 AND P0071

Automatic or Piloted Manual Gearbox
P0930

Electrical Managed Suspension * CSS
C1161 - U1208

See Attachments for full Charcterisation of the faults!!

I have cleared all of the faults but the engine will not start, I'm thinking my ECU is cactus, if so can it be virganised and re-programed or is a replacement one needed, which begs this question can I just put it in if that is possible.
Here's hoping all is not LOST!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_0001.pdf
    500.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20220716_0002.pdf
    499.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220716_0003.pdf
    515.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20220716_0004.pdf
    473.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20220716_0005.pdf
    472.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20220716_0006.pdf
    269 KB · Views: 79
how old is the battery? a bad battery will cause all the errors to appear. If you can communicate with the ECU at least its not fried.

I would check all the fuses including the maxi fuses before you go too far.

Check engine speed while cranking so you know Crank angle sensor is working

others will chime in

Smells like a engine Fuse box issue check the injection fuse for power maybe fuse 8 from memory if no power put power down it and it should start.

how old is the battery? a bad battery will cause all the errors to appear. If you can communicate with the ECU at least its not fried.

others will chime in
Battery is 11 month old have checked all the fuses including the maxi's all OK.
Will check for cranking speed tomorrow.

Because it is now cranking but not starting I would check the battery leads at the battery terminal and the earth connection to the chassis rail and the strap across to the gearbox. Also check the earthing of the PSF1 engine fuse box, if it has a poor earth the ecu can get power on one circuit but the internal relays to enable seperate power circuit to injectors and the other items in your list of faults may not operate.

Smells like a engine Fuse box issue check the injection fuse for power maybe fuse 8 from memory if no power put power down it and it should start.
Checked, all fuses
Checked all fuses see attached

Attachments

• 2004 Peugeot v6 3.0l Fuse tests.pdf
    144.3 KB · Views: 90

others will chime in
No noticeable revs when cranking for about 20 seconds

Not familiar with BSM can it be fixed or has to be replaced?
BSM is the fuse box beside the Engine ECU behind the battery. It can't be fixed when faulty. Has to be replaced.

Since yours is 2004 Coupé V6, look for L09-00 fusebox. It's stamped on left side of the fusebox. It's different from phase 1 Saloon & SW BSM. Search for L09 BSM online or look for any phase 1 407 Coupé to borrow the BSM to confirm if it's the culprit, which sounds like BSM issue, based on your description of the errors/faults observed.

Lion-King Monk

Not familiar with BSM can it be fixed or has to be replaced?
The terminology changes across different models.
On some models its called the BSM, on the 407 wiring diagrams it's called the PSF1 Engine Fuse Panel.

Recheck 30amp Fuse 10, that should be 12 volts when cranking to supply the injectors and oxy sensors etc.
And then have a read of this post, remarkably similar, even the same fault codes.
But I'm not sure it's the same fault as you have measured 12 volts on fuse 5

Last edited:
Smells like an engine Fuse box issue check the injection fuse for power maybe fuse 8 from memory if no power put power down it and it should start.
So as I said not sure from memory not fuse 8 but as Alex has said fuse 10 injection fuse has no power put power down it it should run you need a fuse box.

BSM is the fuse box beside the Engine ECU behind the battery. It can't be fixed when faulty. Has to be replaced.

Since yours is 2004 Coupé V6, look for L09-00 fusebox. It's stamped on left side of the fusebox. It's different from phase 1 Saloon & SW BSM. Search for L09 BSM online or look for any phase 1 407 Coupé to borrow the BSM to confirm if it's the culprit, which sounds like BSM issue, based on your description of the errors/faults observed.

Lion-King Monk
Thanks but mine is a saloon not Coupe would you know the part number instead of the L09-00 fusebox for the Coupe?
Thanks again for your input

Thanks but mine is a saloon not Coupe would you know the part number instead of the L09-00 fusebox for the Coupe?
Oh! I saw 6-speed V6 on the title and thought you meant 6-speed manual which comes only in Coupé.

BSM in 2004 Saloon & SW is L02-00 (some come with L01-00, but would stick with L02 for V6). Peugeot part number is 6500 CG.

Lion-King Monk

Oh! I saw 6-speed V6 on the title and thought you meant 6-speed manual which comes only in Coupé.

BSM in 2004 Saloon & SW is L02-00 (some come with L01-00, but would stick with L02 for V6). Peugeot part number is 6500 CG.

Lion-King Monk
I have a fusebox from my old 1998 406 would that relay do the job??

I have a fusebox from my old 1998 406 would that relay do the job??
No. Complete different electrical systems (CAN-bus).

Just get another BSM. Besides, I always advice 407 users and the likes to get or have a spare BSM, no matter what or how good the car currently is. They can give up when you least expect. It also makes diagnosis much faster and easier, rather than guess work or beating about the bush. If you had a spare BSM, you would have swapped it in to confirm if it's BSM issue or something else by now. It's plug and play (no cut and join like the D8 engine bay fuse box you referred to). A good used BSM can still do the job, if you can't afford new one. I prefer new one though.

Lion-King Monk.