Ultimate 807 build

Probably more than you have spent on engines in your life time. :D

Probably right Col. It is nice though.

Challenge for you Alan. Not long till retirement great way to fill in your days. But you'd need another car, bit much for the 750. It'd work in Als 110 though.

Need a DOHC with 89mm bore spacing.

Be nice to be able to base it off something in production, that way cams and valvetrains can be borrowed rather than designed from scratch.

When I last went down this road I recall the Toyota 4A-GE has 89mm bore spacing - Nissan KA24DE also, I think.
Anyone have an old Toyota Corolla head gasket to try on for size?

The ultimate 807 is the F4R

There I said it.

The ultimate 807 is the F4R

There I said it.
But it doesn't have a gorgeous die cast alloy block....
The cranks fit, wonder about the head?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The one in Melbourne was done by Steve Kalendarian for the previous owner. Can't tell you all the details as I don't know them! Think capacity in the end was 1998cc. Need quite low compression height pistons and the rod/stroke ratio is low too. Some say too low, but the F4R has a low ratio already. Some slight modifications are needed to the block, just clearance to the rods I think.

The one in Melbourne was done by Steve Kalendarian for the previous owner. Can't tell you all the details as I don't know them! Think capacity in the end was 1998cc. Need quite low compression height pistons and the rod/stroke ratio is low too. Some say too low, but the F4R has a low ratio already. Some slight modifications are needed to the block, just clearance to the rods I think.

Sounds like a cheapish way to achieve the 2 litre capacity.

With a modern forged crank too.

Hi :)
I find that hard to believe ?? If the head fitted with the same slight mods that would be great thing to try. That head is a legend and I have worked on them. Plenty of info and good stuff available too.
Perhaps some slight mods like that other one from Reider :) :) :)
Jaahn

I posted on AF a year or two ago regards my 2.1 litre 807 race engine but is seems to have been forgotten. We machined the 807 block to fit pistons and liners from Mecaparts with an 87 mm bore. The Stroke is also 87 mm with custom rods to suit the stroked crank which gives us over 2.1 Litres. It has raced at Phillip Island and Eastern Creek reliably and with tall gearing it is doing over 240 kph at the Island. A Cosworth cam grind and 10.5 compression so we can use 98 unleaded and therefore source fuel easily. Twin 45 DCOE carbs. We could do more but regulations for our classic race car don't permit things like twin cam heads from other late model engine types. It is a genuine 807 with basic modifications to the base motor.

I believe that the supercharged engine BrettR built is pretty good as the ultimate 807 in a daily driver.

I am talking about two engines that actually currently exist in Australia and both are running examples, not theory.

I haven't forgotten your engine Bustamif. I'm fascinated by it. You had to increase the bore spacings to get that cylinder bore in? How does that go aligning to the head? Are the rods offset in the pistons too?

Brettr8's whole build is epic. Does anyone know of any other forced induction 807s? Maybe @bazzamac can share details of his Fuego turbo.

I often look at the big empty space in the RHS of my engine bay and wonder what I could fit in there......

wBJrLsf.jpg