Whats all this Adblue stuff

Sigh. Anyway.

Sure, there are minor cross effects. It’s not the GWP 298 has N20 though
No but the study I attached does state the GWP of NOx is comparable to methane. So hardly minor either?

This is a warning that globalisation might not be the way of the future and maybe we should make a few more important things here. We used to make all our own urea and attempts to import were strongly blocked by past governments. But China was offering fertiliser at good prices. Two stories about, one is that Chinese exports were blocked because they're short of food and want to boost their own production but Bloomberg puts up the theory that two thirds of Chinese urea production uses coal not gas and the government is leaning on the plants to reduce emissions. Whatever the cause it's obvious to everyone this country runs on diesel and just maybe governments have the responsibility to make sure everything doesn't grind to a halt because some distant place decides not to supply. Interesting times.

I guess history will repeat itself, when electricity first came on the scene there was great deal of concern about where it went and what effect it had on the good citizens after it lit up a globe, brace for the coming stories that will historically emerge when manufacturers either can't or wont produce electric cars and there is some new yet unknown theory on the block that demands we spend our hard earned on a completely new concept of travel, perhaps horses and cattle carts or the Jetson's propulsion system... Mark my words.. :eek:

I guess history will repeat itself, when electricity first came on the scene there was great deal of concern about where it went and what effect it had on the good citizens after it lit up a globe, brace for the coming stories that will historically emerge when manufacturers either can't or wont produce electric cars and there is some new yet unknown theory on the block that demands we spend our hard earned on a completely new concept of travel, perhaps horses and cattle carts or the Jetson's propulsion system... Mark my words.. :eek:
Working on it.👍

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 87
Just finishing the fine tuning on my Adblueless system.👍

I'd suggest an image of a badly overfueled diesel truck operating the US of A is just the sort of image those with a vivid imagination would like to project to their wide-eyed audience here in Oz. A vehicle displaying those characteristics would be off the road in no time here in Australia. The cleverest diesel engine designers don't use the AdBlue shortcut, they design a complete scrubbing system into their exhausts using a catalytic converter and a diesel particulate filter.

I'd suggest an image of a badly overfueled diesel truck operating the US of A is just the sort of image those with a vivid imagination would like to project to their wide-eyed audience here in Oz. A vehicle displaying those characteristics would be off the road in no time here in Australia. The cleverest diesel engine designers don't use the AdBlue shortcut, they design a complete scrubbing system into their exhausts using a catalytic converter and a diesel particulate filter.
Yes, the Mazda guys were quite sarcastic about makers who rely on adblue but I don't know their new engine. One of the reasons I bought a Deutz rather than a John Deere was that the Deere had an adblue system for no good reason as they both met the same regulatory standards. Less complication the better. I'm not sure when adblue made its appearance with trucks but the Victorian Government has increased registration fees on any truck made in 2005 or earlier to force them off the roads. People forget how sweet and uncomplicated diesels used to be, how incredibly economical and long lived.

Mmm, seems this is not the place to try and lighten the mood with humour.🤔

Note to self, be more serious.👨‍🏫

Reactions: cjl
Yes, the Mazda guys were quite sarcastic about makers who rely on adblue but I don't know their new engine. One of the reasons I bought a Deutz rather than a John Deere was that the Deere had an adblue system for no good reason as they both met the same regulatory standards. Less complication the better. I'm not sure when adblue made its appearance with trucks but the Victorian Government has increased registration fees on any truck made in 2005 or earlier to force them off the roads. People forget how sweet and uncomplicated diesels used to be, how incredibly economical and long lived.
Funny Mazda was using adblue back around 07 at a horrendous cost to the customer.

Funny Mazda was using adblue back around 07 at a horrendous cost to the customer.
Yes I was pleased the BT50 had done away with it. Of course it was a joint motor with Ford. They have gone their separate ways and the new Mazda engine is an Isuzu.

The quality of our BT50 in 2009 wasn't good and the motor gave trouble, the 2019 has been perfect. Limited choice in utes, you really have to change them at five years.

All this fuss about burning oil neatly.. If only we had some other form, "motor" that could use a different kind of "energy" to do away with fossil fuels.

Ah they just seem so overly complicated :p

?

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 80
Imagine the fright the first steam train must have given the snowflakes. You'd have to believe an R Class at full load on the Warrenheip bank could change the climate. Or this S Class goods. Before that it was the horse. Complaints that New York would disappear under a layer of horse manure by 1920. Cities always stank. Melbourne was called smellbourne. Smithfield in London challenged the senses in Tudor times. Cess pits in the basements of houses. Lots of toilet humour too. Many an Aussie tale of outdoor dunnies. Poor old diesel would hardly rate a mention to the Victorian nose. Small boys riding in steam powered trains with their heads out the window were testament to the gritty nature of coal. All those Welsh valleys lost to coal mining, "How Green Was My Valley", just like the lovely Serbian valleys to be lost to lithium mining by Rio Tinto for the latest "clean" innovation. Anyway, the adblue crisis is a wake up call to remind us that nations aren't sitting around singing Kumbaya anymore and each nation needs to ensure it has adequate sources of vital supplies. And a reminder of the vital role the diesel plays in our economy and life like it or not. Unless you're heading bush with a pointed stick for a life of self sufficiency.

Attachments

• s_steam_goods.jpg
    s_steam_goods.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 88